Louise Thompson - Made In Chelsea star
    Mike Tindall - Rugby Player
    Ola Jordan - Strictly dancer
    Phil Tufnell - Cricketer
    Sally Bercow - Bedsheet Model
    Stacey Solomon - Singer
    Steve-O - Jackass star ( :o )

Overall not a bad line up!

Indeed its a very, very strong lineup - you have a lot of people there who are very fit, and have very strong records of doing well on past reality shows, and/or talent shows requiring physical ability.

The shame is they can't think of anything better to theme it on than jumping of mountains - which is inherently dangerous, where the event itself too short to be that televisual, and no one will get to a very high level. There's a great cast there for Dancing On Ice/SCD or Splash. Its a pity they didn't have the idea for Splash and kept on with it - Louise Spence and Phil diving and Stacey, Ashley, Victoria and Ola in bikinis would really have pulled in a big audience.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/when-does-the-jump-2015-start
    When does it start? The exact date hasn't been revealed yet but the games will begin in early February and will air on Channel 4.

So we have another month to wait yet ;-)
    This year viewers will see some new exciting events added to the show, although these have not yet been revealed.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for this must be one of the worst ever, for anything, and like everything with C4, we see it again, and again, and again, aaaand you get the idea. A long advertising campaign, and then a few plops, a few splats, and job done.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    The advert for this must be one of the worst ever, for anything, and like everything with C4, we see it again, and again, and again, aaaand you get the idea. A long advertising campaign, and then a few plops, a few splats, and job done.

Yes, advertising that goes on so long that by the time the programme actually airs, everyone is sick of hearing about it.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When's it starting?

Shame Alex Brooker is co presenting. His bloody face is everywhere
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Victoria Harvey?? Really pushing the boat out, she's not even been on TV for about 12 years!:confused:
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's it starting?

Shame Alex Brooker is co presenting. His bloody face is everywhere

You must watch C4 a lot to consider it 'everywhere'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 1st of Feb it is then!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the advert for this tonight on The Last Leg and I was very surprised to see that it starts on 1st Feb.........I assumed it was on now

Mike Tindall is on it and he's also a regular co-presenter on Talksport radio on Mondays and for the last few weeks he's been doing the show by phone from the set of The Jump

So is it all filmed in advance ?
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I saw the advert for this tonight on The Last Leg and I was very surprised to see that it starts on 1st Feb.........I assumed it was on now

Mike Tindall is on it and he's also a regular co-presenter on Talksport radio on Mondays and for the last few weeks he's been doing the show by phone from the set of The Jump

So is it all filmed in advance ?

Bits of it are filmed in advance I believe and the contestants are on set training atm.

The only live part is 'The Jump' itself.

All of the qualification and knock out rounds are pre recorded.
  • Options
    dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    How can the jumps be live if the person who does worst each episode is eliminated from next round, which have already filmed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dagger42 wrote: »
    How can the jumps be live if the person who does worst each episode is eliminated from next round, which have already filmed?

If I recall correctly from last year, the games/heats are filmed during the day and then we go live to them to yak a lot and introduce the recorded heats from that day. Then the actual jumps down the big slope are live.

Those eliminated are not included in the next days recorded heats.

So all a bit of a con as when we go live to them they already know who the bottom two are. Like all Channel 4 live stuff, it's anything but live.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ola Jordan and Sally Bercow are not in it now. Both have been injured.

Are they that desperate for """Celebrities""" that they need that idiot Essex on it? :(

I suppose he's there for the audience to laugh at otherwise it'll probably be boring.
    His questions could be "What's all that white stuff on the ground?" "Why is it so cold?" and "Why is it so slippery?" ^_^
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came on to say it starts on Sunday but I've been beaten to it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the piece of music it is that they use in the advert? I know it but I cant think of the name of it and its been driving me mad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the piece of music it is that they use in the advert? I know it but I cant think of the name of it and its been driving me mad

Yes!

It a part of one hell of a great piece of music

Borodin - Prince Igor - Polovtsian Dances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTVF0Fu5_c

Please listen all of it when you have the time. It has everything! Starts with music they pinched and put lyrics to it and called it "Strangers In Paradise". Then we have the middle bit which they used in The Jump and then a classical ending to die for where it heads towards a brick wall at 120mph.

Sadly Borodin's main job was a chemist and so he didn't write a lot, but when he did, this was it.

It's classical gem that many don't know about.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all a bit of a con as when we go live to them they already know who the bottom two are. Like all Channel 4 live stuff, it's anything but live.

Not sure if they're told their times to allow Davina to reveal that during the live show. But you're probably right.. they may already know the result.

And you rightly pointed out.. the jump decides who continues onto the following day of filming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Yes!

It a part of one hell of a great piece of music

Borodin - Prince Igor - Polovtsian Dances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTVF0Fu5_c

Please listen all of it when you have the time. It has everything! Starts with music they pinched and put lyrics to it and called it "Strangers In Paradise". Then we have the middle bit which they used in The Jump and then a classical ending to die for where it heads towards a brick wall at 120mph.

Sadly Borodin's main job was a chemist and so he didn't write a lot, but when he did, this was it.

It's classical gem that many don't know about.

Yes that's the one! Brilliant, thanks for that. Will certainly save that as a favourite
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long now,I wonder if they will be more snow on the ground,than last year ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    evening :)

is this the main thread ??
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louie Spence .. hmmmm
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louie Spence .. hmmmm

In his lovely pink lycra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    2 threads now,, one on the main TV page
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Tufnell is also over on ITV1 in Ge Your Act Together lol
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't every single celeb already been in a reality programme? Its sad for these people