Options

Looking for info on the US Xbox One store

Comments

• Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I'd love a HK / Indian account but I can't be arsed! ... it's such a bloody tedious process having to create yet more email addresses / microsoft live accounts! 😒 ... & are you u really saving that much compared to the US store? 😇

I haven't created any more accounts. Just using the same one for them all, as it stores my card details separately.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't created any more accounts. Just using the same one for them all, as it stores my card details separately.

I've got separate UK / US live accounts which I add the appropriate M$ cards to! ... could I access the HK store by logging into my UK or US account & simply change the region on either the website or X1? 😳

(Or use the paypal stored on either account?) 😳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got separate UK / US live accounts which I add the appropriate M$ cards to! ... could I access the HK store by logging into my UK or US account & simply change the region on either the website or X1? 😳

(Or use the paypal stored on either account?) 😳

On the X1 you just go to setting and change region to desired and then restart the console.
    On the Website I managed to change the region yesterday to India and this allowed me to view the price, but I had to do this once I was in the store. I had originally gone in to the Indian site via Google and as soon as I hit store it redirected me to UK.

Also thing to note is that India doesn't appear to have any points card available or accept paypal, but you can use your debit card and the only required fields in India when setting up your card is post code and phone number which you can find via Google.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the X1 you just go to setting and change region to desired and then restart the console.
    On the Website I managed to change the region yesterday to India and this allowed me to view the price, but I had to do this once I was in the store. I had originally gone in to the Indian site via Google and as soon as I hit store it redirected me to UK.

Also thing to note is that India doesn't appear to have any points card available or accept paypal, but you can use your debit card and the only required fields in India when setting up your card is post code and phone number which you can find via Google.

OK! ... Next time I wanna buy summit I'll fire up the HK / India store, add me debit card & see what happens! 👍😎
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member

I have just tried the India store as I was uncertain about using the Hong Kong store and it's still asking for postal addresses, post codes and phone numbers. What i'd like to know is what everyone is using when putting in these details, are you using your own or fake ones?
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: nvm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just tried the India store as I was uncertain about using the Hong Kong store and it's still asking for postal addresses, post codes and phone numbers. What i'd like to know is what everyone is using when putting in these details, are you using your own or fake ones?

That's what im wondering! ... For example ... If I login to my UK account & I use my card already added (which has my proper address, phone etc etc) will the HK / India store still process the payment! :confused:
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    That's what im wondering! ... For example ... If I login to my UK account & I use my card already added (which has my proper address, phone etc etc) will the HK / India store still process the payment! :confused:

Just tested it and the answer is yes. This is how we did it,

Change Xbox One region to India.
    Use same debit card, address and town as UK.
    Use 576104 as the post code.
    Use 918202922323 as the phone number.
    Use Karnataka as the state.
    Then just pay with your card.

We just bought Forza Horizon 2 for £37 and FIFA 15 for (£26 with EA Access) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We just bought Forza Horizon 2 for £37 and FIFA 15 for £26 :D

Fantastic!!! 👍 😀
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We just bought Forza Horizon 2 for £37 and FIFA 15 for (£26 with EA Access) :D

I was going to send you both those details. I do wonder if that is a real phone number for someone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to send you both those details. I do wonder if that is a real phone number for someone

I just bought Defence Grid 2 (random purchase) off the Indian store using my UK account & UK Visa DebitCard! 😄

(That postcode, State & telephone number worked a treat!) 👍

Do u guys have similar details for the HongKong store? 😉
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but for the U.S. Store when you give a U.S. address make sure you use an address from a state that doesn't have sales tax. There's only five. Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana and Oregon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St_Jammy wrote: »
    Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but for the U.S. Store when you give a U.S. address make sure you use an address from a state that doesn't have sales tax. There's only five. Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana and Oregon.

Using my default UK account! ....

On the US region (via xbox.com) I basically just added my UK address / card details but used.....

(via namegenerator.in)

State = Delaware
    Postcode = 19103
    Telephone number = 302-269-7714

worked a treat! 👍 (purchased D4 just to try it!) 😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the HK store with my UK XBL account, address & Card! 😉 ... Worked perfectly! 👍

(Purchased killer instinct season 2 ultra) 👍

So here we go! 😄

India....
    Postcode = 576104
    Phone = 918202922323
    State = Karnataka

Hong Kong....
    Postcode = 999077
    Phone = 2901 3000
    State = HK

US.....
    Postcode = 19711
    Phone = 302-315-3676
    State = Delaware

Currency Converter! = linky 👍

That's all ya need! 😄
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    And then you can just switch back to UK after buying stuff from other stores?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    And then you can just switch back to UK after buying stuff from other stores?

I Change regions / purchase via xbox.com & leave my X1 permenantly on UK! 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    Also just seen the cheapest one for the Evil within is the Hungary store £24.

Hungary is showing as over £40 for me! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »

I bought it from the HK store £34.50p iirc! :)

(Just need to finish the last level *overtime* on DR3 & I'm ready ta play EW!) 😉
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

Yeah it was a pricing error which they fixed a few hours after it was posted here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Yeah it was a pricing error which they fixed a few hours after it was posted here.

Crying into my tea irl!

I would have picked it up for that price. I'll probably wait until a price cut happens now... with Bayonetta 2 and Civ Beyond Earth later this month, my hands will be full anyway ^_^^_^
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Guys, just use your head a bit. PM's are good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halo collection is available now! ... Currently giving it the download treatment! 👍
    (It's 45GB) 😉
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I've just had a look on the website & I have £40 in my account from when I had a X1 previously. I'm going to get another one around new year. Will I be able to spend that £40 in the HK or US store?
  • Options
    austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I've just had a look on the website & I have £40 in my account from when I had a X1 previously. I'm going to get another one around new year. Will I be able to spend that £40 in the HK or US store?

Afraid not mate that will only work on the Uk store.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks