Options

Can't get a job it would interfere with going to the gym

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928097/Kamran-Kam-claims-benefits-9-5-jobs-interfere-fitness-regime.html

Why this prat doesn't just be a personal trainer or similar is beyond me.

Or has he done this just to make sure he "gets noticed"??

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Narcissistic twonk, isn't he?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    :o I agree with most of the comments at the Fail website. I feel faint.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Like most of us, I often wish I didn't have to go to work, but I think I'd want to go to the gym even less.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worked all my life and I look like that 👀
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I know someone who's getting sanctioned!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928097/Kamran-Kam-claims-benefits-9-5-jobs-interfere-fitness-regime.html

Why this prat doesn't just be a personal trainer or similar is beyond me.

Or has he done this just to make sure he "gets noticed"??
    He's aiming to become a less-than-z-list-celebrity.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the problem really. There aren't enough jobs for everyone and if he's happy to live off £72 than good for him and he's freeing up a job for someone else who really wants it.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the problem really. There aren't enough jobs for everyone and if he's happy to live off £72 than good for him and he's freeing up a job for someone else who really wants it.

Really? £3744 of taxpayers money a year for doing precisely nothing?

I assume you're voting Green.........
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should apply for a lootery grant. The man is a sportsman. Credit to the UK :D
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I know someone who doesn't want to work as it wouldn't leave him any time for metal-detecting -despite the fact the people he goes out detecting with all have jobs and seem to manage to find the time.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Couldn't he just go to the gym after work or at weekends?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could get a job in a gym.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    It does seem odd. Its so obvious a job working at a gym or as a personal trainer would be perfect for him, and looking like that he should have no problem getting one.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's called "job seeker's allowance" so he's really not entitled to it if he's not seeking a job. They' ll sanction him and stop his benefit if the article is true.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Couldn't he just go to the gym after work or at weekends?

When it's busy? He might have to, heaven forbid, wait for a machine :o

As others have said I don't know why he doesn't become a personal trainer.
  • Options
    Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a mate who's been on the dole for the 15 years I've known him and he says he's not available for evening work because it means he won't be able to go to gigs!
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jsa should be cancelled as he isn't looking for work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in some parts of the world now and in the past, they have licensed "beggars"

nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt_Maher wrote: »
    I have a mate who's been on the dole for the 15 years I've known him and he says he's not available for evening work because it means he won't be able to go to gigs!
    Really? :o How can he afford to go to gigs on JSA? And 15 years is a hell of a long time, surely he can't really be happy claiming JSA for all that time :confused: I was on JSA for about a year and couldn't wait to get off it, it's a miserable existence.

And the guy in the article is delusional. Hope the job centre sanction him and cut his dole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? :oHow can he afford to go to gigs on JSA? And 15 years is a hell of a long time, surely he can't really be happy claiming JSA for all that time :confused: I was on JSA for about a year and couldn't wait to get off it, it's a miserable existence.

And the guy in the article is delusional. Hope the job centre sanction him and cut his dole.

Have you not been watching all the "my life as a scrounger" shows on Ch4 and Ch5.

When you are on the dole, you are "working for the government".

Nice work, if you can get it.

Taxi for Ms Price! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? :o How can he afford to go to gigs on JSA? And 15 years is a hell of a long time, surely he can't really be happy claiming JSA for all that time :confused: I was on JSA for about a year and couldn't wait to get off it, it's a miserable existence.

The weird thing is, he's probably the happiest and most content person I know :/

He lives in London in his flat and I'm not joking when I say he's out seeing a band every single night, or at the very least every other night.
    He pretty much lives on pot noodles, walks most places. I don't know how much he gets from benefits but he hasn't got kids or anything so it can't be that much.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Matt_Maher wrote: »

I can see this from both points of view. Society wants him to get a job. Daytime would suit him better. Give him a daytime job. Theres people who'd prefer evenings who could work the evenings and the occasional swap if needed would be fine.

but no. red tape and politics mean he can't have a daytime job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been out of work for almost six months and last week finally got a job.
    I only claimed benefits for two months but even then I felt some sort of guilt despite paying taxes for the previous 15 straight years I worked.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe a word of his article. People who are searching for work are being sanctioned so how is he getting away with doing no searching. This is propaganda!
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hold much truck for conspiracy theories but I'll wager this Mr Kam isn't all he's purported to be. I reckon he doesn't train 4 hours a day while claiming JSA while making out he doesn't want a job. What's more likely is that he does go to the gym, he does receive JSA but he's been encouraged to make up some guff about being happy to stay on JSA because though would suit the Daily Mail's agenda of 'benefits bashing' to a tee.

It's equally possible he's not actually called Kamran Kam at all, has a job, doesn't claim JSA and the whole article is a work of fiction.