Options

Due Date

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
Forum Member
Just saw this yesterday with my other half.
I thought it was funny, more OTT than the hangover and mostly in a good way. Although have to say I found some of the violence- especially with the kid a little uncomfortable to watch.
My other half LOVED IT!!! And so did most of the audience. I almost threw up my popcorn when the dog was being... um....intimate with himself.

Any thoughts from people that have seen this film? A classic or just funny, forgettable comedy fodder?

Comments

• Options
    TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The crudest bits of the film were the funniest!

Overall I don't think was as consistently funny as 'The Hangover' but entertaining enough, and the dog was quite a star :)

Its rare that I've heard an audience laugh out loud altogether, usually there are groups of people laughing or one or two, however everyone did laugh in 'Due Date' and the place was packed out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on Friday and it honestly wasn't as good as I'd expected. Still pretty funny though, I liked the scene where he tows away the Mexican immigration office near the end:D
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby and I went to see this last night and we really enjoyed it :) It was far better than the hangover i thought :)

Then again - anything with Robert Downey Jr is a winner in my eyes - hes quite gorgeous!
  • Options
    kerker Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got back from seeing this and I thought it was brilliant! The cinema was a lot more packed out than I was expecting, and like with Tremse, the audience all laughed out loud at quite a few bits.

There were so many, genuinely funny laugh out loud moments. Esp the kid, the dog and the coffee. I think I laughed the most when he'd been picked up by his friend, and he was convinced to take Ethan along and as soon as Ethan asked for an apology, Peter said 'F**k you', I don't know why it tickled me, but luckily the rest of the audience found it as funny as me.

It's not often I come out of comedies and want to see them again, and this is one of them. I loved it, and that's not just cos I'm a RDJ fan, he was just a very welcome bonus :cool:.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad it has been found funny, I really fancied it but been told that most fo the funny bits are in the trailer. Is this true?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Im glad it has been found funny, I really fancied it but been told that most fo the funny bits are in the trailer. Is this true?

Hopefully not as I didn't find the trailer that funny. But then I didn't find the trailer for The Hangover that funny but its one of my favourite comedies.
  • Options
    kerker Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not at all, I didn't find the trailer that funny - the film is a lot better than you'd think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious!!
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    "Dad, you were like a father to me"
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred Robert Downey Jr to Zach in this to be honest.

The part with the annoying kid was hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just got back from it and i liked it, although Downey Jr could have been a bit more likeable, even if it was only a bit more likeable it would have helped him be more identifiable.

Zach Galifianakis was hilarious though :D
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this last night and it was so funny. I don't normally cry with laughter, but I did, more than once watching this.

I haven't seen The Hangover, but I'm sure gonna now>

When he said "I thought that said Texaco............" I thought myself and the stranger beside me were both going to die laughing :D:D:D
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a mixed bag for me. Not particularly hilarious but funny in parts mostly due to Zach Galifianakis and his one liners but RDJ has some good scenes too. As others have said RDJ's character isn't particularly likeable but i can understand why he went mental lol what do you expect when you have a character like Zach's causing you so much anguish, grief and pain! :eek: :D I didn't think the film had any particularly memorable standout scenes but i did enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing more from Zach Galifianakis, the guy's a comedy genius.

'Why are your father's ashes in a coffee can? Because he's dead, Peter.' :D

'You better check yourself before you wreck yourself!' :D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmmmm, contrary to the replies you've had already about this point, I'd have to say I agree with what you've been told.

I was really looking forward to this film as I found the Hangover absolutely hilarious, but Due Date fell far short of it. It's enjoyable enough, but I personally didn't experience any "laugh out loud" moments - more like a gentle chuckle occasionally. And most of this came from the bits I'd already seen in the trailer.

Good but not great I'm afraid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I really liked the movie Due date. Movie is hilarious and amazing.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dolby1 wrote: »
    I really liked the movie Due date. Movie is hilarious and amazing.

Watch out Jonathan Ross.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright. One of the better comedies of the year, not as consistent as The Hangover. The scene with the child-hitting probably wins as the best in the film. If you want to go one better with comedies this year, The Other Guys is a must.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything with Zach in it is now treated with the "Look, it's the weirdly funny one from The Hangover!" style of promotion. DVD's re-released that featured him before he became more popular use this too. If they have to use these sort of tactics to promote, maybe it isn't that good after all!

I'll get it on DVD, it didn't look interesting enough to go see at the cinema.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm, contrary to the replies you've had already about this point, I'd have to say I agree with what you've been told.

I was really looking forward to this film as I found the Hangover absolutely hilarious, but Due Date fell far short of it. It's enjoyable enough, but I personally didn't experience any "laugh out loud" moments - more like a gentle chuckle occasionally. And most of this came from the bits I'd already seen in the trailer.

Good but not great I'm afraid.

Disappointed with this film - didn't find it nearly as funny as The Hangover. TBH Planes, Trains and Automobiles did it better 20-odd years ago.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hillarious film
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    very poor film imo, can't remember laughing hardly watching this film considering it's meant to be a comedy