Alex is totally useless!

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I use the word antics all the time, it is a very useful word.

In fact I feel a usage coming on now, I think Alex's antics, such as forcing everyone to watch a video of him sky diving, suggests he is even more of a pratt than I thought. Any normal person would look at the video of themselves and realise they looked a plonker, yet he seemed to think that publicising the thing would somehow enhance his popularity or standing or some such, what an idiot.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Yes, antics now has a pejorative connotation.
    Alex thinks he's a Boy Scout from 1958 with his jolly antics. He thinks watching his *ahem* exploits is a treat? He can't read body language to save his career. What a dozo.
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    He wasn't remotely confrontational when explaining why the store layout was wrong. He just took her outside and explained what was wrong. Nothing confrontational there.

If you couldn't see his style of delivery and the content of his message was not going to annoy the recipient of the message then you are not familiar with the human condition.

There are several ways that something could be described as confrontational, the instance need not be bullying or outrageously aggressive, a confrontational comment can be one that is designed to be undermining, insulting, snidey, abusive, derogatory, manipulative, scheming etc. And his comments were delivered in a destructive and critical style. He could have said something along the lines of "Paloma, I think we need to do something about the shop because it looks empty" in a calm, constructive and sympathetic tone, instead he delivered a much more critical message in a shrill and almost self-satisfied manner which transparently was an attempt to inflate his importance and grab a bit of camera time. He is like a little boy trying to do a man's job and who has no idea of how to make a constructive point and doesn't seem to realise that gaining advantage at the expense of others is not going to ingratiate oneself with those others.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flossie....you are spot on
    Who, in their right mind, on the first night in 'The House' with 11 complete strangers AND a film crew with cameras running, would show them such an awful video as that sky diving monstrosity?
    I can only come up with two reasons why someone would do it.
    1) He was totally unaware of how monumentally Knobby he looked with his face face flapping in the wind and a crash helmet two sizes too small covering his bonce and not realising that his face had "Fear" written all over it and no doubt all over his pants

2) He genuinly thought that his bravado as in "You can do it, yeah" macho bullsh*t posturing after landing successfully would show him as being a leader, credible candidate, one to watch etc.......totally misreading the other contestants and the poor quality of his vid.

I won't allow any of my brothers to put a picture of me on Facebook or in an album until I have vetted it first........what was he thinking of? :eek:
    Forum Member
    Absolutely Phoebe, you have articulated many of my own thoughts.

He looked like a sack of potatoes on that sky dive, and it was transparent that he was striving to be seen as a go-getting action man, and, as you say, his pathetic little speech on landing confirmed this, and yet to any independent observer his efforts merely confirmed that he was an inept, no-getting, non-action man who was so self-unaware that he thought the video had the reverse effect of what it did. His video efforts failed on so many levels

To summarise
    1) He looked uncoordinated passive plonker in the video
    2) His speech at the bottom was crass and childish
    3) The video was transparently an effort to project his go-getting credentials to the others to anyone seeing it which was not going to impress anyone.
    4) He didn't recognise that the video failed to project himself with the image of himself he wished, which raises critical flaws in his self-awareness and understanding of the likely response of others, and of course believing that the others would regard the viewing as a treat shows how he woefully misunderstands other people. He didn't seem to understand the mocking looks that the viewing created. He is socially inept in the extreme.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    -Flossie- wrote: »
    If you couldn't see his style of delivery and the content of his message was not going to annoy the recipient of the message then you are not familiar with the human condition.

There are several ways that something could be described as confrontational, the instance need not be bullying or outrageously aggressive, a confrontational comment can be one that is designed to be undermining, insulting, snidey, abusive, derogatory, manipulative, scheming etc. And his comments were delivered in a destructive and critical style. He could have said something along the lines of "Paloma, I think we need to do something about the shop because it looks empty" in a calm, constructive and sympathetic tone, .

:yawn:

He spoke to her in a completely normal way. Anyone who thinks it was confrontational must be very soft.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely Phoebe, you have articulated many of my own thoughts.

He looked like a sack of potatoes on that sky dive, and it was transparent that he was striving to be seen as a go-getting action man, and, as you say, his pathetic little speech on landing confirmed this, and yet to any independent observer his efforts merely confirmed that he was an inept, no-getting, non-action man who was so self-unaware that he thought the video had the reverse effect of what it did. His video efforts failed on so many levels

To summarise
    1) He looked uncoordinated passive plonker in the video
    2) His speech at the bottom was crass and childish
    3) The video was transparently an effort to project his go-getting credentials to the others to anyone seeing it which was not going to impress anyone.
    4) He didn't recognise that the video failed to project himself with the image of himself he wished, which raises critical flaws in his self-awareness and understanding of the likely response of others, and of course believing that the others would regard the viewing as a treat shows how he woefully misunderstands other people. He didn't seem to understand the mocking looks that the viewing created. He is socially inept in the extreme.

Perfectly summarised Flossie

I suspect he is single........and likely to remain so for some time ;)

He really could do with a close and trusted friend sitting him down and telling him that how he is perceived by others is so very different from how he perceives himself. Having seen his performance on YBF last night..........it seems an almost impossible task for someone :eek:
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the sky diving bit? I missed that!

I do think he's a prat, and annoying, and probably a bit of a pain. But I don't believe he's malicious or in any way nasty or confrontational in his approach to things. I get the impression the nastiness and aggression from some of the candidates took him a bit by surprise. I could be totally wrong, but I just think he was a normal, intelligent guy. I'd much rather work with him than someone like Palomo, or Laura, or Melissa, or Chris, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstimmy wrote: »
    When was the sky diving bit? I missed that!

I do think he's a prat, and annoying, and probably a bit of a pain. But I don't believe he's malicious or in any way nasty or confrontational in his approach to things. I get the impression the nastiness and aggression from some of the candidates took him a bit by surprise. I could be totally wrong, but I just think he was a normal, intelligent guy. I'd much rather work with him than someone like Palomo, or Laura, or Melissa, or Chris, etc.

He would get to you eventually......daily, gnawing away at you with his false over enthusiasm, his psychobabble nonsense, his inability to accept that he is no 'guru' at anything, his false perception that he is 'brilliant' has unfortunately become 'his reality'.
    I wouldn't want to work with any of the above that you mention, although I think Stuart 'The Brand' could be educated, trained & developed in a positive way.......Alex's tunnel vision is frightening :eek:

* The sky diving vid was shown on YBF on BBC2 last night.....monumentally awful, I had to bury my head in the pillow until Mr Jeebie said it was safe to re-surface
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Mrstimmy wrote: »
    Very intelligent succesful guy in the real world
    How do you justify that statement, in relation to Alex?
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    He was saying, and I quote more or less,

"I know the shopping centre like the back of my hand"

and then he goes and puts the shop promotion in the wrong position.

What a plonker. Made for good tv though. :D

Yeah, for full effect, he should have stood at the entrance giving out direction leaflets with discount vouchers. lol :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would get to you eventually......daily, gnawing away at you with his false over enthusiasm, his psychobabble nonsense, his inability to accept that he is no 'guru' at anything, his false perception that he is 'brilliant' has unfortunately become 'his reality'.
    I wouldn't want to work with any of the above that you mention, although I think Stuart 'The Brand' could be educated, trained & developed in a positive way.......Alex's tunnel vision is frightening :eek:

* The sky diving vid was shown on YBF on BBC2 last night.....monumentally awful, I had to bury my head in the pillow until Mr Jeebie said it was safe to re-surface
    No way I missed your fired last night! What did he do ? Like just force them to watch a video in the house? If so that's so random, why would that be something you took when moving in with a group of people??

Stuart the Brand is actually growing on me. He's a total idiot, but his un PC way of putting things is appealing. Shows he's more human.
    I can't stand Jamies posh accent!! And the over emphasis on 'T's, like, eighT hands are beTTer than Two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eddiebaby wrote: »
    How do you justify that statement, in relation to Alex?

Oops sorry, that was meant in regards to James more than Alex. Wasn't James quite high up in his job and had been successful and well liked in his career? But he was a bit of a clown in the Apprentice world
  • SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    He is a complete plonker. He is a child struggling in an adult world without basic skills of deportment, conversation and social interaction and knows this deep down so he spends half his life desperately trumpeting tiny little achievements, I am half expecting him at some stage to advertise he has been good on his potty.

I agree with the part in bold. He's a little boy playing big man.

He overrates himself, and he's just not smart enough to realise how others will use hiim for their own goals and his lack of self-reflection will stop him from really learning anything.

I think Paloma had him sized up and set up when she said on camera that she was really lucky to have an asset like Alex on her team with his knowledge of marketing and the shopping centre of Manchester. And he completely fell for it.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Alex was a bit of an idiot, not unpleasant but I can't understand how he even got selected for the show. Constantly pretending that he is good at everything when he obviously is'nt, trying to make out he is different and creative puh lease.... The suit on the BBC2 show summed him up really, someone trying desperately to impress and failing miserably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the you're fired with on alex on was embarassing,he lacks self awareness and basic social skills ,the guy is a grade a plonker,and a complete and utter gimp,geek,it was uncomfortable viewing to say the least..