Skyline

revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone looking forward to this? Trailer looks interesting, the only thing worrying me is it's made by the same team who brought us the classic 'Alien vs Predator Requiem' :yawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJfue-Aanw

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the extended trailer but I have my doubts but my OH hates Sci fi so it will be a rental for me.
  • The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks fantastic. There are 5 trailers on bloodydisgusting.com
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Anyone looking forward to this? Trailer looks interesting, the only thing worrying me is it's made by the same team who brought us the classic 'Alien vs Predator Requiem' :yawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJfue-Aanw
    It looks good, and it doesn't look like it will be too dark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks okay, but I might wait until it's out on DVD / Sky Box office.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this film a 15 or 12A because the odeon has put 15 certificate. yet on the ads its 12A.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently it only cost 10 million$ which is nothing for a special FX movie .
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on what I've read this is probably going to be a turkey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Is this film a 15 or 12A because the odeon has put 15 certificate. yet on the ads its 12A.

15 on Vue aswell.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to see this on Saturday hope it's not a turkey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »

You say that like it's a bad thing :p

Alien vs Predator Requiem was highly entertaining... in a very awful way.

Do kind of want to see Skyline though, it's probably terrible but that doesn't mean it won't be enjoyable!
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Going to see this on Saturday hope it's not a turkey

Let us all know what you make of it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like it's going to be like Cloverfield
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to see this today and yes, it's a bit like Independence Day with some Cloverfield thrown in.

The SFX are pretty good and there's lots of action and I can sum up the film in one word:
    inconclusive
    I don't know if the ending was
    to allow for a second film but I came away thinking - is that it then, the aliens won???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »

It's a 15:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BFF273103

I'd imagine that the distributors were expecting it to get a 12A rating (it's a PG-13 in the US), hence why they put 12A on the trailers. It sounds to me like it's another case of the BBFC being overly harsh, their write up says that it's relatively bloodless and only has one use of strong language, which sounds like a 12A to me. Still, on the plus side at least that's less kids in the cinema!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It's a 15:

I'd imagine that the distributors were expecting it to get a 12A rating (it's a PG-13 in the US), hence why they put 12A on the trailers. It sounds to me like it's another case of the BBFC being overly harsh, their write up says that it's relatively bloodless and only has one use of strong language, which sounds like a 12A to me. Still, on the plus side at least that's less kids in the cinema!

They've been overly harsh with just about every teen and family aimed film recently. Easy A was rated 15; the target audience is 12 - 18. The Virginity Hit was rated 18; the target audience is 14 - 18. Fred The Movie was rated 12A; the target audience is 4 - 12. Easy A failed at the UK box office, the other two are yet to be released.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The trailers and the films themselves can get different ratings though.
    I thought Skyline looked quite good :)
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It's a 15:

Their extended classification information certainly doesn't say it's relatively bloodless. It makes it clear that it's the level of "threat" and violence that pushes it out of the the 12 bracket and into the 15.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been overly harsh with just about every teen and family aimed film recently. Easy A was rated 15; the target audience is 12 - 18. The Virginity Hit was rated 18; the target audience is 14 - 18. Fred The Movie was rated 12A; the target audience is 4 - 12. Easy A failed at the UK box office, the other two are yet to be released.

They didn't even show Easy A at my cinema, no wonder it failed.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Heard bad things about this which is not surprising considering it's from the Strause Brothers.

I won't bother with this and stick to Battle Los Angeles for a slice of Alien, end of the World action.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    They didn't even show Easy A at my cinema, no wonder it failed.

Same here. It wasn't showing at either of the two cinemas I regularly go to. There's 68 VUE Cinemas in the country. Easy A was showing at 16.

I hear it's done pretty well in the US, where it's rated PG-13, allowing anybody in but recommended for people over 13.
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    The endings a bit like
    Butch and Sundance but compeltley mad

Kids would love the ending but if your expecting Independance day you'll probably think its the worst thing ever.

I'd like to see a video game sequel
    where you control Jared like a Bioshock Bigdaddy, defend your girlfriend and somehow escape from the spaceship.
  • jammers1978jammers1978 Posts: 2,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anything with sex instantly gets rated up....anything with heads exploding and blood gets a 12A....this film probably has a love scene in it.

A couple of tits and it's an 18 but it's fine to have people dying all over the shop in simulated acts of death.

Funny old world we live in.

Personally I like to see them both haha :)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from seeing it and it wasn't too bad - obviously set up for a sequel and considering it only cost $10 million to make the special effects were excellent - my main problem was I didn't care about the characters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see it today and thought it was completely awful, one of the worst films I've paid to see. The only good thing about it was the ending, which I found very cute and sweet, but everything else was so bad! It made no sense, the actors were awful, the script was awful, the plot was cliched and pointless and the aliens made no sense. I wanted to relate to someone or something, but that was impossible until the very end. I didn't care about anyone and I felt so bored watching it. It wasn't even one of those films that was so bad it was good.