Options

Corrie's Sally and Eddie to become Stan and Hilda! [Spoilers]

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
CORONATION Street's Sally Webster turns into the soap's legendary Hilda Ogden in a light-hearted storyline.

Viewers will see her resemble roller-wearing Hilda to put off potential buyers for her home.

Well-spoken Sally (Sally Dynevor) turns herself into a shrill fishwife as she dons a hair scarf and rollers, just like gossip Hilda - who she used to lodge with.

In amusing scenes. she will also pass off scruffy neighbour Eddie Windass (Steve Huison) as her new boyfriend and turn the house into a pigsty that stinks of decaying food and rubbish.

Sally pulls out all the stops to prevent estranged husband Kevin (Michael Le Vell) selling their marital home and dividing the profits.

She kicks him out over his affair and baby with tragic tram crash victim Molly Dobbs.

An insider told TV Biz: "These scenes will provide the comedy Corrie is famous for and make a great change from the tragic scenes concerning the tram crash.

"To see Sally in her normally pristine home surrounded by household rubbish, dressed like Hilda Ogden, draped round the unkempt Eddie and talking like a dirty-mouthed trollop will be absolutely fantastic."

But there is trouble ahead for Sally when Kevin rumbles her game.

Hilda, played by Jean Alexander from 1964 until 1987, was one of Corrie's most iconic characters.

Her partnership with long-suffering hubby Stan (Bernard Youens) produced some of the soap's greatest moments.

Her departure was watched by 27 million fans - its biggest audience.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3322908/Sally-Webster-becomes-Corries-legendary-Hilda-Ogden-in-new-storyline.html

Love the sound of this :D

Comments

• Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a laugh :D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Will be funny to watch, especially as I don't think Hilda ever used to think much of "that Sally Sneddon" :D:D
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is great news. I was slightly worried about Phil Collinson and the direction Corrie was going in, but it's all sound again. Mondays episodes were great!
  • Options
    judy08judy08 Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Sally already is a shrill housewife:rolleyes:. She was very lucky she didn't end up with a baby to someone else with all the affairs she has had. What a hypocritical cow she is.:mad:
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    judy08 wrote: »
    Sally already is a shrill housewife:rolleyes:. She was very lucky she didn't end up with a baby to someone else with all the affairs she has had. What a hypocritical cow she is.:mad:

I think you meant
    shrill fishwife
    :D;)
  • Options
    judy08judy08 Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Yep I did mean "fishwife" Thank You. :)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. Looks like fun ahead. It's what Corrie is best at.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    This sounds brilliant!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    judy08 wrote: »

I know that Sally had an affair with Ian Davenport, but who else has she had an affair with?!?! As far as I am aware she has only had the one affair!
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she sleep with Greg Kelly, Les Battersby's son? And I seem to remember a mechanic that worked with Kevin years ago. I certainly think she has had at least 3 affairs. Kevin has had a few as well. Their marriage seems to be tit for tat when it comes to affairs. I'm just amazed that it took as long as it did for Kevin to have an affair after Sally's fling with Ian.

Not that I condone the affairs mind you. But at least the children are sort of mature grown ups who can handle the situation now, not youngsters like they were back in the 90s during their affairs then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Didn't she sleep with Greg Kelly, Les Battersby's son? And I seem to remember a mechanic that worked with Kevin years ago. I certainly think she has had at least 3 affairs. Kevin has had a few as well. Their marriage seems to be tit for tat when it comes to affairs. I'm just amazed that it took as long as it did for Kevin to have an affair after Sally's fling with Ian.

Not that I condone the affairs mind you. But at least the children are sort of mature grown ups who can handle the situation now, not youngsters like they were back in the 90s during their affairs then.

course she did...she had a relationship with him, and they lived together (don't you remember he used to hit her). Just out of curiosity are you counting Kevin's dead wife as an affair too? Sally was also going to marry someone else (Danny something), he wasn't an affair either. Are you thinking Natalie's son as the person that Sally had an affair with that worked at the garage? she didn't.
  • Options
    clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CORONATION Street's Sally Webster turns into the soap's legendary Hilda Ogden in a light-hearted storyline.

Viewers will see her resemble roller-wearing Hilda to put off potential buyers for her home.

Well-spoken Sally (Sally Dynevor) turns herself into a shrill fishwife as she dons a hair scarf and rollers, just like gossip Hilda - who she used to lodge with.

Love the sound of this :D

What Sally is well spoken?????

You must be joking.

She sounds exactly what she portrays, ie a working class woman who works at a knicker factory and thinks you must serve beans at every meal:D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Should be hilarious. I love Sally.
  • Options
    SpeedyWalkerSpeedyWalker Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Yes, Sally as aquired some feigned heirs and graces over recent years. Her background is "scum" family. She thinks she's a cut above her neighbours when she is common as muck.