Rate Your MP/Councillor.

2»

Comments

• Options
    hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Mine is Kate Hoey, who is an outstanding local MP and really puts her constituents first, and constantly battles against the appalling Lambeth council on behalf of constituents as well.

was going to say the same thing ;) . Feel really lucky to have someone like her as our local mp as well.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Well my MP is the high profile Margaret Beckett. I think she's well respected in Derby and has always taken an interest in local affairs despite her many cabinet posts. She's always been loyal to the government but is her own woman. However, at the local level, the Lib Dems rule the roost within her constituency and if she stands down before the next election they could well get in.

She's my MP too but our suburb has now been put with Derby North and I have to say I do not think much of the prospective Lab (former leader of the council) and Lib Dem (current local councillor) candidates. I agree she is well respected.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is a female tory, Maria Millar, she does a fantastic job, she is very active and visible in the constituancy, and seems to work seven days a week. She meets constituants, and always has time if someone wants to talk to her, even if she is trying to do her shopping.
  • Options
    the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My MP is Mr Speaker, and he is a very good constituency MP (which is why UKIP and the independents are only focussing on the flipping - he's been the 9th or 10th cheapest MP for the past few years and has probably claimed less in expenses since 1997 than Farage has in the past year!)

He's very good at dealing with local issues and will turn up to all sorts of local events - there was recently a group of artists holding a small exhibition at the local Gaol and he just turned up unannounced (none of the artists had contacted him) having read about it in the paper.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    MP: Ken Clarke - he's a good MP, and has been supportive on the two times I've written to him. He seems to be a decent MP, and I quite like him.

Council - All Sh*t. Parish - ineffective numpties. Borough & County don't care about the rural(ish) fringe, so where I live is always last to get services refurbed, despite having massive expansion in houses. County are particularly crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleefy wrote: »
    Gillian Merron, Labour.

A snivelling career politician who has brown-nosed her way up to minister of state for health. In her 12 year tenure, this mindless waste of flesh has attended 2953 parliamentary votes and rebelled just 9 times. She jumps on just about every bandwagon going, including campaigns to keep various POs open despite voting in favour of the closures in the first place. After voting against Gurkha resettlement rights (and subsequent outcry in the local press), the hypocritical little bitch had the gall to post this on her website:
    Utter, utter trash :mad:

I have to agree, she also voted for ID cards, Iraq and the Digital Economy Bill.

I have emailed her many times and not had a single reply, she is only there for herself and needs to be outed.
  • Options
    Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    MP 5/5. Councillors 2/5, and 0/5, respectively
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    MP: Ken Clarke - he's a good MP, and has been supportive on the two times I've written to him. He seems to be a decent MP, and I quite like him.

Council - All Sh*t. Parish - ineffective numpties. Borough & County don't care about the rural(ish) fringe, so where I live is always last to get services refurbed, despite having massive expansion in houses. County are particularly crap.

I envy you living in his constituency. We went to the transport museum in Ruddington last year and I was impressed that the land between Ruddington and W.B hasn't been swallowed up by housing. The parks seem really well equipped too compared to the ones in Derby where I live.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is Margaret Hodge, of her all I will say, is that she is very vocal at the moment, trying to save one of our local hospitals, which on the face of it is laudable.

Problem is, she ignored the issue for so long, we wondered if she really knew where this hospital was, so hasnt enamoured herself with a lot of people here.

She is in such a safe seat, frankly I am getting fed up of voting at GE's.........
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    My MP is Jacqui Smith. No further comments are necessary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    What an irony to see some people rate their MPs highly while others did not. One thing that came to my mind after reading everyone's comment is that we should have some sort of premiership league table for the MPs, lol. As they govern us, we should rate them so that they can perform better. I then remember that I found a website where constituents can rate their MPs recently. http://www.whoisyourmp.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    zeebra wrote: »
    My MP is Jacqui Smith. No further comments are necessary.

Zeebra, I could guess why you are not making any further comment, :) Just go ahead and rate him at http://www.whoisyourmp.com
  • Options
    Scorch WoodScorch Wood Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    samm2311 wrote: »
    Councillor Shelia Gilmore is our elected freak, labour and a total joke, fiddles expenses, is nasty towards community groups that are working to improve the area and is in the running to become a labour MP, had quite a few run ins with her,

Can i second this, now she is the MP her behaviour and attitude is abysmal, she is so hated the local labour lot want her gone, i'm a unionist but i'd happily support independence just so she cannot infest politics ever again as a representative of Edinburgh East.
  • Options
    stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's Alan Duncan..'...Likes getting his picture in the local paper a lot, " supporting " various things.
    I always thought he was a tosser, when i met him, he never said or did anything to make me change my mind.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to boundary changes my MP is the MP for Tewkesbury, but I'm still under the Gloucester council banner.
    The way the system works is a pigging joke - the players within the system an even bigger joke.

I could give plenty of examples of wasting money, empire building and logic that would give a Vulcan a migraine and am more than confident that I probably could do it better than them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Local MP is Nick Boles, who won the seat from the conservative turned labour Quentin Davies (now Lord Davies)
    Never met the guy or seen his picture in the local paper, but then he does live in London :rolleyes:
    Some local controvesy on the town forum, that Boles, was already on the books for an after dinner speaking agency, even though he still is in his first term.

The area is a pretty safe conservative seat, so you could put a blue rossette on a rocking horse and it would get elected.

Town council are a bunch of hoodlums, especially the one who is on the planning application committee and rejected Costa Coffee moving in... Why? because she owns large amounts of shop space which is rented out to a small cafe, so no conflict of interest their. But she did abstain from another application because Lloyds bank wanted a new cashpoint machine, as it was her bank. :confused:

Also got shot down in flames by one local town council member who thought it would be a good use of resources to spend upwards of £75,000 on restoring some buidling in the local cemetary which hasn't been used for the last 50 years. So the held a local referendum, and the papers which weren't returned where counted as a "YES" vote.