Kick Ass!

stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krOzVRj9z88&NR=1

Official Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBO3hBSga6k

The rude trailer.:o

I thought the film was about Hit Girl but it seems not, anyway it looks pretty terrific and was written by a Brit from her own comic. Brad Pitt helped finance it too. If you can stand bad language watch the rude version, the Batman joke had me in stitches.:D

Comments

• Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    anyway it looks pretty terrific and was written by a Brit from her own comic.

"her"? hit girl or the writer? as the writer in male...

It looks like a typical Millar project in my opinion. Something that is ok, but not great, yet is hyped beyond belief by certain people, mainly due to them worshipping the ground Millar walks on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like one of those movies where all the best bits are in the trailer.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    Looks good fun :D
    Hit Girl looks hot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hit Girl looks hot.

Hit Girls about 13 isn't she?

The screenplay was part written by Jonathan Ross's wife, the Daily Mail are already going crazy over it (in a bad way).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o:o If she's 13, forget I said that.
    Maybe if she was older she'd be "hot".
    She looks like Stephanie from Lazy Town.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    "her"? hit girl or the writer? as the writer in male...

It looks like a typical Millar project in my opinion. Something that is ok, but not great, yet is hyped beyond belief by certain people, mainly due to them worshipping the ground Millar walks on.

I only saw the interview from the Premiere when I posted, teach me to listen to a showbiz reporter I guess. :o
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Got free tickets from Heat magazine last week to see this tonight, I can't wait!
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane goldman (j ross wife) wrote the screenplay based on mark millar's graphic novel - he was writing the novel as she was writing the screenplay

she also wrote the screenplay for 'stardust' which matthew vaughan also directed (he has directed kick ass)

i think it looks ace

has been getting 5 star reviews

and any film that winds up the daily mail has got to be worth seeing..
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has that annoying McLovin kid from Superbad in it. Oh no... It was looking good up to that point. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    It has that annoying McLovin kid from Superbad in it. Oh no... It was looking good up to that point. :(

Gangsterrrrrrz, what's up guys?:D
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Damn! Jane Goldman had a distracting dress on at the premier :o

Jane's dress notwithstanding the film looks good
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

That's what made want to see it even more. I love McLovin in superbad. He was the funniest one in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just read some of the hilarious articles on the Daily Mail site (Unclean! Unclean!). Christ, the writers are idiots.
    Daily Mail wrote:
    Critics say the movie, titled Kick-Ass, blurs the lines between adult and child entertainment.

If it's rated 15 (R in the US), how exactly is it blurring the lines between adult and childrens entertainment? Kick Ass has never been marketed as anything other than an adult comic/movie. Does the DM think that all comics are for kids?!?!

I've just been looking at the times for Kick Ass on Friday, and for some reason there are no daytime showings before 17:30 at either Cineworld or VUE. Any reason for this?:confused: I was kinda hoping to go to an early showing seeing as i'm working at night, guess i'll have to go next week instead.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the same kind of people who let their kids watch South Park or Watchmen.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to see it on sat. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Sounds like the same kind of people who let their kids watch South Park or Watchmen.

What sounds like that?

I would let my kids watch South Park, but not until he'she's at least 11 or 12.

I don't know anything about Watchmen, apart from that it's a violent 18-rated superhero movie.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    What sounds like that?

I would let my kids watch South Park, but not until he'she's at least 11 or 12.

I don't know anything about Watchmen, apart from that it's a violent 18-rated superhero movie.
    CJClarke wrote: »
    If it's rated 15 (R in the US), how exactly is it blurring the lines between adult and childrens entertainment? Kick Ass has never been marketed as anything other than an adult comic/movie. Does the DM think that all comics are for kids?!?!
    I was referring to this and the Daily Mail quote.

South Park is rated 15 in the UK and rightly so (i'm a huge fan of it myself) and Watchmen is rated 18 but parents will still let their kids watch them because a) it's just a cartoon b) it's just a comic book movie like superman.

As CJ states, the movie is not marketed as R/15 and is not for kids, even if it is a comic superhero kung fu type movie.

This film, as with others which the same uprising stars, are for 15+ even if some of the stars are young and swearing profusely and contain comic violence (as in Role Models, Superbad etc.)
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hit Girl looks hot.

LMFAO!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whats funny about that?
    I didnt know how old she was, I apologise :o
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I cant wait to see Kick Ass as ive wanted to see it since I first saw the trailers a few months ago. I just hope it lives up to the hype surrounding it!
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best thing about this movie is that it will cause a bunch of Daily Mail journos to have massive fits and seizures - and that can only be a good thing!

Looks like a good bit of fun to me.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I saw it last night and it was even better than I was hoping for it to be, its very very funny and there's a lot of violence, way more than I was expecting also a lot of swearing, when we were coming out I heard someone say they were very surprised it was only a 15.

Hit Girl is just amazing, definitely the best character, I think she was supposed to be 11 and it seemed most of the swearing and violence came from her, it was a bit freaky though to see her fighting in this school uniform and pigtails.

I know people who went who said they didn't think it was that good so I think its a film where you either love it or you hate it but the majority seemed to love it.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read some of the hilarious articles on the Daily Mail site (Unclean! Unclean!). Christ, the writers are idiots.

I've just been looking at the times for Kick Ass on Friday, and for some reason there are no daytime showings before 17:30 at either Cineworld or VUE. Any reason for this?:confused: I was kinda hoping to go to an early showing seeing as i'm working at night, guess i'll have to go next week instead.

all the ads say opening 26 march

it actually opens 2nd april

the screenings this friday, saturday and sunday are advance screenings only and in some cases are only in the evening
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have booked tickets to go and see this Saturday
  • Options
    DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kick-Ass could be the greatest film in the universe, but the Daily Mail were bound to try and create some faux outrage about it simply because it's written by Jonathan Ross's wife. :rolleyes: