Hawkwind

catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
Forum Member
I'm off to see Hawkwind tomorrow , in Glasgow . Cannot wait for this gig . I've seen them a few times , but last year's 40th anniversary gig in Glasgow was pretty special . Any other Hawkfans on these boards ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha! I was when i was a teenager and discovering that music wasnt just what my parents liked ( ie classical and Gilbert and Sullivan). I used to go and get the LPs out the local library and record them onto cassette.

have fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw them many years ago. My ex o/h was very taken with one of their dancers. Stacy I think :D
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I saw them many years ago. My ex o/h was very taken with one of their dancers. Stacy I think :D

That'll be Stacia http://www.angel.dk/hawkwind/HAWKovers2.html . I can certainly see why he was taken with her . She no longer dances for them , but the new ones are amazing to watch.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sold all my old vinyl albums with the fold out sleeves and collectors booklets. Silly me.

Now nearly completed the re-issues collection from Atomhenge.

Saw them a few times at the now sadly demolished Astoria.
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I well remember seeing them many, many years ago - circa 1972ish at the Windsor Free Festival. They were the headliners and were supported by such worthies as The Groundhogs, Blodwyn Pig and Brewer's Droop!

My boyfriend of the time asked my permission to go nearer the stage when Stacia came out for her naked dancing! Of course I said he could - while he was gone I drank his cider, I'm not stupid!!

Still like to play Silver Machine loud in the car when I'm on my own on a long journey.......................:o

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I still love Masters of the Universe. Cracking track.

They do nice holidays now where you can accompany them on a boat, hear them jam and then stop off at a few vineyards. How lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love Masters of the Universe. Cracking track.

They do nice holidays now where you can accompany them on a boat, hear them jam and then stop off at a few vineyards. How lovely.

that sounds like a very civilised holiday. :) even if youre not a fan.