• IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... has Queenie warmed to Katie?

If you consider burning an effigy 'warming' to her. :p
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamelia... Sigh. At least Tristan and Anton have partners who don't have free bus passes yet, at last! :p
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    *sips tea nonchalantly* Katie looked good, didn't she? *sips more tea* :p
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    *sips tea nonchalantly* Katie looked good, didn't she? *sips more tea* :p

To the blind, maybe.
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into the show last night with open eyes about Katie, knowing very little about her, but I couldn't warm to her whatsoever.

She may have some ability and I do look forward to her ballroom routines (Anton cannot dance latin, so Queenie will be rubbing her hands with glee at the prospect of a disastrous jive at the very least) but I found her to be very irritating, she was very 'oh look at me' when upstairs with Claudia, even when she wasn't being interviewed.

Alas, I'm looking forward to the show this year. Although there are a few candidates who look ready to join Sunetra Sarker/Patrick Robinson/Alex Jones as the only contestants I have ever fast-forwarded through.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, good to be back!

I actually really like Katie and Anton's pairing, I hope he does well with her.

For me though, I found it really uncomfortable watching Jay, his nerves just made it cringeworthy to watch.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Alas, I'm looking forward to the show this year. Although there are a few candidates who look ready to join Sunetra Sarker/Patrick Robinson/Alex Jones as the only contestants I have ever fast-forwarded through.

Another of my favourites. :blush:

Then again, I liked Lisa Snowdon, so I'm fairly sure I'm not an accurate barometer of public opinion. :D
  • ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Another of my favourites. :blush:

Then again, I liked Lisa Snowdon, so I'm fairly sure I'm not an accurate barometer of public opinion. :D

Haha me too. And I thought I was the only one ;)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I liked Sunetra. I... couldn't say the same about Lisa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine that Anton will avoid the Jive for as long as he possibly can, as much as I would love to see another from him.

Looking back at his dances with Fiona Fullerton (yes she did exist, no she wasn't a comedy duffer), Anton seemed competent enough at the Cha Cha Cha (trouser...thing aside), Charleston and Paso Doble so I would expect to be seeing those from them. The Rumba is more of a grey area as he usually plays that one for laughs and the Fiona Rumba was frankly just bizarre. Although I won't fully place them blame on Anton's shoulders as I think the producers were already choosing songs at that stage.

I'd expect their Ballroom to be of a good standard though, although I'm going to go out on a limb and confess I don't find Anton to be quite the Ballroom God he's made out to be.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    ADMR wrote: »
    Haha me too. And I thought I was the only one ;)

Same :p
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    I'm going to go against the grain on here and say that I'm currently really rooting for Jamelia & Tristan. :o I thought she came across mostly very well, and is definitely one of the strongest dancers so far (along with Peter). Helen's my other favourite at the moment, but I also quite liked both Ainsley and Katie. :) My least favourite so far is easily Daniel O'Dronell, with Iwan not far behind.

Oh, and I really hope for Jay's sake that he gets rid of his nerves soon - I do feel bad for him, as he's very uncomfortable to watch. :(

(and I liked Lisa too... shush. :blush:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain on here and say that I'm currently really rooting for Jamelia & Tristan. :o I thought she came across mostly very well, and is definitely one of the strongest dancers so far (along with Peter). Helen's my other favourite at the moment, but I also quite liked both Ainsley and Katie. :) My least favourite so far is easily Daniel O'Dronell, with Iwan not far behind.

Oh, and I really hope for Jay's sake that he gets rid of his nerves soon - I do feel bad for him, as he's very uncomfortable to watch. :(

(and I liked Lisa too... shush. :blush:)

While I'm not really rooting for them, I didn't hate the pairing last night as much as I did when I read it. Jamelia did seem genuinely chuffed to be paired with him, and also said she was prepared to work hard and wouldn't be talking back to the jugdes...so I am a little more optimistic than I was. :) It'll be interesting to see what Tristan's choreography is like with somebody who actually has a lot of potential too.

I honestly think Jay will be fine once he's got to know Aliona and done a few weeks training.
    Forum Member
    I can see myself quite liking Jamelia and Tristan, although that may be more Tristan's influence than anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and while I was far from a fan of Lisa and was apoplectic with rage when she got to the final over Austin, I will always value her inclusion as it gave us this.

What I value less is that Brendan didn't learn his lesson AT ALL and choreographed another pile of rubbish Showdance for Sophie that may, or may not, have played a part in us not getting to see that Charleston for the second time. :cry:
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Oh, and while I was far from a fan of Lisa and was apoplectic with rage when she got to the final over Austin, I will always value her inclusion as it gave us this.

What I value less is that Brendan didn't learn his lesson AT ALL and choreographed another pile of rubbish Showdance for Sophie that may, or may not, have played a part in us not getting to see that Charleston for the second time. :cry:

But it did result in us getting to see Natalie touching the divine, which is probably just as good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it did result in us getting to see Natalie touching the divine, which is probably just as good.

That is very true. In an ideal world, we could have seen both and Susanna would have been fourth, but ho hum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    That is very true. In an ideal world, we could have seen both and Susanna would have been fourth, but ho hum.

In the ideal world, Susanna would have been no where near the final (or the competition). :D
    Forum Member
    Queenie and her female 40-something middle class BBC presenters, eh...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queenie and her female 40-something middle class BBC presenters, eh...

I didn't actually dislike Susanna until about halfway through the show! Unlike Katie, who I've detested ever since I set eyes on her smarmy face.
    Forum Member
    Rational as ever. ;)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I still dislike me personally :p I'll be gutted when she makes the final over Ainsley
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I still dislike me personally :p I'll be gutted when she makes the final over Ainsley

Something you need to tell us? ;-)