Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    You can "almost" understand it in the rush hour ?

You should understand it anytime. That's the whole purpose of a queue ~ so that people who have been there the longest get the choice of whatever, in this case, bus seats.

How would you feel if you had waited 30 minutes for a bus, then as you were about to get on it, 4 individuals rushed up and jumped on ahead of you, so that the bus became full, and the driver drove off because s/he couldn't let anyone else on ?

You can probably get away with jumping ahead of old people, because they can't fight back, but I bet you wouldn't try jumping ahead of 4 or 5 hard looking blokes in front of you.

To be honest, when I get the bus home from Uni, there isnt much of a queue. Just a rammy of people standing around the bus stop.

And to be quite honest, I couldnt give a flying f*ck whether I was first or last on the bus, regardless of how long I'd been standing there. Its hardly like you have to queue for much longer than thirty seconds or so.

Then in saying that, my service comes every 5-10 mins or so. Maybe if it was an infrequent service I'd feel differently.

And for the record, I let all the old people go on before me anyway!
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Have never ever done that..

Does it really say you should? (Goes off to have a look!)

:o

Yep! But I've crossed it out on ours in the hope my housemate will take the hint :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrs_emily wrote: »
    You should hear how I say "couldn't" sometimes...put it this way, I'd be in a bit of trouble if I wrote it on here :D. It's not my fault it's just how I speak!

Ha Ha... Yes i am guilty of that too. It generally goes unnoticed in our house though. My southern wife has got used to my accent. My little boy on the other hand is at the stage where he is pointing out each descrepancy between Mummy's accent and Daddy's...

"Daddy? You say Castle and Mummy says Carstle!"
    "You say bath and Mummy says Barth"

I have to bite my tongue so i don't reply with "Well, there isn't an R in Castle or bath is there?!" :D

Thanks for sticking up for me! Us Donny lot need to stick together! Unfortunately i will probably never go back there as my Grandad was the only family member left in Donny and he's had to go in a home near my parents near Eastbourne this week! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww that's sad i'm sorry...similar thing happening with my grandma at the moment, it's awful!

I don't really go there much myself at the moment coz i'm away at uni, but you're right, we have to stick up for each other coz nobody else will! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the people in the garage and the teacher - if you know it, don't make it awkward:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. When people go ''ooooh and Yay' to a cork coming out the Champers

2. When someone says 'this will make you laugh' - I'll decide that thank you :mad:

3.Husband who puts dirty dishes in the sink instead of the empty dishwasher

4. Hate the word 'Country -FIED'

5.Cyclist on pavement when there is a cycle path less than 1 metre away
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That word "emo". Whenever I see it, I picture a "bent out of shape" individual with lank greasy hair, a concave chest wearing clothes that hang on them like clothes on a washing line. I picture them drifting through life, with a sloping hyena-like back, moaning about the world & everyone in it.
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who yawn and don't cover their mouth annoy me. What makes you think I want a blast of your bad breath in my face :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The fact that trivial things have the ability to make me angry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio12 wrote: »
    People who pack their groceries after they have paid at a checkout queue:(

People who stand in a supermarket queue for 20 minutes, yet spend 5 mins faffing about trying to find their purse to pay AFTER they've taken their own sweet time packing their shopping :mad:

What is wrong with locating your purse while you've been stood in the flippin queue:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who get on the train during morning rush hour with screaming kids in buggies :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who send me viruses on MSN.

It's the same people every time! They don't do it on purpose, obviously, but what kind of stupid stupid stupid person gets sent a link by someone who mysteriously and instantly signs out, clicks it and agrees to download? Ugh! I almost fell for it once, once and that was the last time! How can you click it so many times? And then deny it, like 'oh noo, I so did not send you a virus you bloody liar.' And then I screenshot it and send it back and I've faked it? WHY WOULD I BOTHER? We don't even talk! The only time you ever say anything to me is when it's a bloody virus! Why the **** would I decide suddenly to lie about it and cleverly doctor a screenshot just to piss off someone I never. Even. Talk. To!?!?!?!?

This shouldn't annoy me, but it does.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking at the leaked list of B.N.P. (N.F.) members and was mortified to find someone on the list with the exact same name as me. It is not even a usual or common name.

I am livid about it and want to take legal action to stop this cretin using my good name. What if someone thinks it's me.

If anybody has any good ideas about what I can do please let me know. I feel dirty and need to wash. I feel violated. Uhggh, shiver.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who use the word "random" completely inapropriately as if it actualy means something. So f#cking annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are drunk when I am sober and the way they drone on and repeat themselves and think that they are funny.
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    TV & Radio adverts that cut off songs half way thru the chorus or even a word.

Totally lazy.

It's not hard to edit a song & make it fit
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once I start listing the small things in life that irritate me I might not be able to stop :eek:

Mums who take their kids to school when they are ill because they can't be arsed to inconvenience themselves by looking after them.

People who stand in the middle of a crowded path to chat in groups so you can't get by.

Any member of my family who drop dirty clothes on the bathroom floor, is it really so hard to put them in the wash basket?

Similarly is it too much to ask to put the towel back on the rail properly?

People who use the last of the loo roll but are too lazy to put a fresh roll on the holder.

Piss on the seats in public loos. I can't believe women are happy to leave a loo like that. I always check and make sure I haven't left a drip on the seat.

Dog poo on pavements. I swear if I ever see it happen, I will follow them and shove it through their letterbox.

Car drivers who drive past me through large puddles too fast giving me a good soaking, slow down tossers!

Firefox closing on me when I'm in the middle of something important, happened recently just as I was about to make a snipe on ebay :mad:

People swearing loudly in the streets when I'm with my little un, is it really necessary to use the eff word repeatedly in the street?

People who rush across the road dodging traffic as I stand with my son patiently waiting for the green man. Seriously people, if you see a little kid waiting for the green man in a sensible fashion, couldn't you do the same to save me explaining that you are an impatient idiot who doesn't value their own life?

But having said all of that I am really easy going and not easily irritated :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

People who rush across the road dodging traffic as I stand with my son patiently waiting for the green man. Seriously people, if you see a little kid waiting for the green man in a sensible fashion, couldn't you do the same to save me explaining that you are an impatient idiot who doesn't value their own life?

I see your point. But if I'm in a hurry and theres a gap in the traffic, I'm going to cross the road regardless of the absence of the green man and the presence of other peoples' small children.
  • Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    Bus stop etiquette. Why does it matter who gets on the bus in what order? WHY?! Old people are the absolute worst for this. I can almost, ALMOST understand it in the rush hour when the bus is full, but at 2pm when there are loads of empty seats?! Why?!

You know what annoys me is when everybody is just in a big jumble at the stop who knows who got there when, so when the bus arrives everybody should just get on no need for any order.

Then you get some idiot who gets to the door of the bus and stands there wanting everybody else to get on before them. Not to be out done by that stupid behaviour other people start wanting to be last to get on and stand there saying no no after you. But of course the first moron is being insistent they are to be last to get on the bus, nobody is going to take it off them.

So you have all these morons in front of you not getting on the bus.

You want to scream, JUST GET ON THE BUS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know what annoys me is when everybody is just in a big jumble at the stop who knows who got there when, so when the bus arrives everybody should just get on no need for any order.

Then you get some idiot who gets to the door of the bus and stands there wanting everybody else to get on before them. Not to be out done by that stupid behaviour other people start wanting to be last to get on and stand there saying no no after you. But of course the first moron is being insistent they are to be last to get on the bus, nobody is going to take it off them.

So you have all these morons in front of you not getting on the bus.

You want to scream, JUST GET ON THE BUS.

EXACTLY!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see your point. But if I'm in a hurry and theres a gap in the traffic, I'm going to cross the road regardless of the absence of the green man and the presence of other peoples' small children.

I agree. Sure people need to teach their children the green cross code but saving seconds by crossing against the lights can make the difference between getting the train and not getting the train.

That’s prob going to make a least 20mins difference to when you get home.

When I was a kid I was well aware that just because I saw an adult doing something didn't mean it was ok for me to do. You should teach your child that. Will help with a lot of things.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't worry you that some kid might see you crossing, assume it's safe, step out into the road and end up under the wheels of an articulated lorry?
    Yes, it's up to parents to teach their children road safety, they are after all our responsibility but is it too much to ask that we look out for each other?
    People moan that we have lost our sense of community and it's true, we've all become too selfish and wrapped up in our own little worlds to care about how are actions affect those around us.
    I'm not directing all this at you as I see it on the street on a daily basis, you aren't alone lol

Seriously, who can be in such a hurry that they can't wait 30 or so seconds so they can set a good example to a child?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't worry you that some kid might see you crossing, assume it's safe, step out into the road and end up under the wheels of an articulated lorry?
    Yes, it's up to parents to teach their children road safety, they are after all our responsibility but is it too much to ask that we look out for each other?
    People moan that we have lost our sense of community and it's true, we've all become too selfish and wrapped up in our own little worlds to care about how are actions affect those around us.
    I'm not directing all this at you as I see it on the street on a daily basis, you aren't alone lol

Seriously, who can be in such a hurry that they can't wait 30 or so seconds so they can set a good example to a child?

Post above yours explains it pretty well I think.

Theres a big crossing where I live, with two sets of lights with an island in the middle. The lights dont work together i.e. the green man comes on at different times. If you wait for the green man to come at both roads, it can honestly take a good 5 minutes to get across that crossing. Its very big and busy. But if theres a gap in the traffic, which there usually is from time to time, you cant blame people for taking advantage of it.

I hope that made sense...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I completely agree with you on that. It used to really get to me and I'd wonder does nobody else see that there is no good left in the word.

Recently I've came to conclusion that they are all aware of it to but they choose to just kid themselves on and it helps them keep going.

I've taken to doing it as well and I must say it really helps.

I hope nothing bad happens to your child but my current out look is that they would most likely be better off out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qualafoo wrote: »
    bad manners.

Do you like any Ska bands at all?
This discussion has been closed.