Is this one of the worst BB ever?

Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,202
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've seen most of the previously BB's and have to admit I'm struggling to get into this one. Apart from the Michael twist it has been poor.

I thought the last two on C5 were very good. Arron (2011) and Luke A (2012). Both series had had drama and there were divides in the house that made viewing interesting .

I just feel this year, most of the housemates are boring and have nothing about them.

Comments

• Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coner destroyed last year's Big Brother, and although the final 3 was somewhat redeeming, unfortunately the damage had already been done.

It would take something monumentally awful and distasteful for this series to be worse than last year's.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes a boring lot.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I am enjoying it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I think its one of the better recent ones, I've stuck with it whereas I usually give up after the first week so it must have something going for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been great so far. It is a long time since we have had so much drama with so little real nastiness.

Still, early days. It could go either way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be at this rate.
    Callum,Twins,Mum and daughter Sophie,Hazel (its so bad with Daley I totally forget he is even in there).
    So many boring HM and instead of seeing they are boring under this impression best house ever.
    BB should tell them the feed's axed and see how they react before it's dumped next weekend.
  • previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the 2011 series unwatchable as I simply couldn't relate to a bunch of largely unlikeable people. Last year was better but the levels of bullying and general unpleasantness meant that there was little genuine enjoyment. This series is lighter but we've had some very satisfying bust ups and one or two quite intriguing characters. So far I'm happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The best normal bb on channel 5 by far I think u must be mad to disagree with that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's the best start to a ch5 series. but it could become very boring if the most outspoken hm's keep getting evicted.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thread different year (or week even) and the same responses. You can say one thing for the DSBB board and that is that they are predictable and consistent.

People like different things, I just don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp here.

What is entertaining for one maybe boring to you and vice versa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Too early to tell - we've only had one eviction, for goodness sake.

It's all right, IMO. I don't think many of the production decisions have helped, but that always seems to be the case these days - I wonder sometimes if any of those in charge have ever actually seen the show before.

I fear that a lot of people are going to cruise to the final simply through offering very little of any note: the twins, Sophie, Callum, Daley, Sam.

And there's a couple of showmances in the offing...

As wonkey said above, the series could either way at the moment. It's certainly not a write off yet.
  • Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bar Gina and maybe Dexter in the first week. It's been a pile of shit.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been good so far, I have watched every episode and rarely does that happen for me. :cool:
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see an axe, and its falling rapidly.
  • bad-jojobad-jojo Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its the best one since BB10 so far. Admittedly theres a lot of deadwood in there but it still feels more like BB than it has done for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris222 wrote: »
    I think it's the best start to a ch5 series. but it could become very boring if the most outspoken hm's keep getting evicted.

This ^^
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not anywhere near. The last two series were unwatchable bags of shite.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is leagues ahead of BB1, BB4, BB11 & BB12.

Also think it's better than BB8 & BB13 too.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's flat in areas but it isn't the worst.

BB13 was the worst.

I stopped watching that after two weeks, I hated it so much.
  • AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    This is the best year for a while for me. There's been loads of great stuff. There was the Mole Michael, Sallie kicking off willy nilly, the intrigue surrounding Dexter, Jemima just being Jemima entertainment, Dan's conspiracy theories. I also find the characters interesting and, bearing in mind it's only week 2, they're still to come out of their shells properly. I think this year the HMs have more of a depth of character, as opposed to the past few years of plastic superficial wannabes
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's flat in areas but it isn't the worst.

BB13 was the worst.

I stopped watching that after two weeks, I hated it so much.
    How can you describe it as the worse series if you only watched 2 weeks out of 10? :eek:
    I can understand if you said it was just a series that you found difficult to watch so you switched off and have no idea what it was like for the other 8 weeks but to class it as worst after watching just 2 weeks?
  • Wayne_BWayne_B Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's brilliant so far. Just needs a couple of newbies thrown in to stir the pot.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed it so far. I haven't managed to stick with a whole series since BB7 so I'm hoping this may be the one to change that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anyone decide whether this is one of the worst BB's ever? It's only been 2 weeks!