Are you happy with the Scotland Referendum result?

muntamunta Posts: 18,285
Forum Member
✭✭
There are some on here who think that the majority of no voters are unhappy at the result and there are those that think the majority of no voters are happy with the result. I thought it might be interesting to gauge the views of those on DS. Obviously just for fun :)

Have you changed your mind on the result? 64 votes

Voted Yes. happy with the result
3% 2 votes
Voted Yes. unhappy with the result
15% 10 votes
Voted No. happy with the result
26% 17 votes
Voted No. unhappy with the result
1% 1 vote
Didn't/Unable to vote. happy with the result
45% 29 votes
Didn't/Unable to vote. unhappy with the result
7% 5 votes

Comments

• muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think that the majority of voters would not have changed their mind. Sure there are going to be some who wish they had voted differently but I would think that these are very much in the minority therefore unlikely to have actually changed the result.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like an option now it is over for sick to death of Scottish referendum threads.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    For me, it is the best political news of this century so far. Not that there are many other contenders.

(Unable to vote. Happy with the result)
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, it is the best political news of this century so far. Not that there are many other contenders.

Nah that was when Brown became an ex-PM.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Nah that was when Brown became an ex-PM.

:D:D:D
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Scot living in England and therefore denied the right to vote, I was delighted with the result.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy generally they voted no, but not happy with the small percentage. I don't think it was a particularly ringing endorsement of the status quo.
  • CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    As a NO voter, I'm very happy with the result, especially for those in ship building and financial services who may have had their jobs threatened.

Also, feel we have dodged a bullet, given that Alex seems to have lost the plot slightly since the result.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a NO voter, I'm very happy with the result, especially for those in ship building and financial services who may have had their jobs threatened.

Also, feel we have dodged a bullet, given that Alex seems to have lost the plot slightly since the result.

I totally agree with your last point. He, and others in the SNP to be fair, seem to be showing some signs of megalomania. I dread to think what they would be like if they had have won the vote. However, it could just be that is due to them defending against the loss they feel. But I'm happy not having that risk.
  • CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    I totally agree with your last point. He, and others in the SNP to be fair, seem to be showing some signs of megalomania. I dread to think what they would be like if they had have won the vote.

I can't get my head round why you would ban journalists or try and dictate who attends a press conference? He is still our FM until November and he should act accordingly.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with this, I am more than happy with the result and no regrets about my no vote, and yes the behaviour of Salmond since then has felt like it's a relief the referendum had a no vote.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    NO i thought wed finally get rid of the ungrateful whinging gits
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Unable to vote. Happy with the result)

Same here.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looking on facebook earlier quite a few people seem keen on the idea of him ignoring the results of a democratic poll, and going ahead with a declaration of independence anyway, a very stupid and dangerous move if he did.
  • ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in Scotland but I didn't vote because I didn't register myself on the electoral. I am happy with the result because I would of voted No anyway if I voted. The Yes crowd put me off because of the thuggery and bullying tactics and Salmond had no idea what currency would be used and the economy would of been in tatters.
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking on facebook earlier quite a few people seem keen on the idea of him ignoring the results of a democratic poll, and going ahead with a declaration of independence anyway, a very stupid and dangerous move if he did.

There have been some hints and a fair few fringe nutters claiming they could, but it won't happen. It would be political suicide for the SNP.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member

My thoughts exactly and I was looking forward to watching the car crash that would have been an independent Scotland
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Ungrateful", what for?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    paul2307 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly and I was looking forward to watching the car crash that would have been an independent Scotland

Sorry guys...I really did try to make Scotland independent.

If it's any consolation, at least we can continue to subsidise you :)