Options

how does will.I.am get away with the crap songs he bring out ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
Honestly the BEP'S were great in there day but after I gotta felling... He should give up does no 1 agree?

Comments

• Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Firstly, will.i.am didn't even make I Gotta Feeling. David Guetta made that song.

And secondly, you think Meet Me Halfway is crap?

I assume you hate The Time, Don't Stop the Party and T.H.E, and you can't be bothered to listen to the other 50 songs he's made since 2009, so you've just assumed they're all bad.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    simple answer. he makes millions. there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not going to give up something he's making a fortune off... sadly, there are kids out there that buy the sh*t he produces.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Firstly, will.i.am didn't even make I Gotta Feeling. David Guetta made that song.

And secondly, you think Meet Me Halfway is crap?

I assume you hate The Time, Don't Stop the Party and T.H.E, and you can't be bothered to listen to the other 50 songs he's made since 2009, so you've just assumed they're all bad.

Well tbh the time was just a very bad remix with a coulpe a new verses if he's that good stop the "sampling" he's just shit! And I do apolgize he sang I gotta feeling never reaLly paid much attention after that! The new pish he's made or coming out with crap been there done that! Yawn! That song with Jlo n jagger is just shocking on all 3 a them! Jlo can do better than jump on his bandwagon IMO!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that new song with jlo and mick is terrible. shockingly bad in all honesty. :o
  • Options
    RIPfatpatRIPfatpat Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    that new song with jlo and mick is terrible. shockingly bad in all honesty. :o

It really is! What the hell is it about!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    a) He's produced/ performed some of the highest selling songs of the digital era

b) His first popular songs (2003-2006 ) were actually pretty smooth, so he has a good reputation

c) He's a millionaire and he's under a very successful label, so he always gets good featured acts

d) Some people like noise, he creates noise

Btw, BEP's latest album flopped utterly, his debut album flopped even more and now his sophomore album doesn't have a confirmed release date, so I don't think he totally gets away with the bad quality of his recent material :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ijay wrote: »
    Well tbh the time was just a very bad remix with a coulpe a new verses if he's that good stop the "sampling" he's just shit! And I do apolgize he sang I gotta feeling never reaLly paid much attention after that! The new pish he's made or coming out with crap been there done that! Yawn! That song with Jlo n jagger is just shocking on all 3 a them! Jlo can do better than jump on his bandwagon IMO!

Why would he stop sampling? Sampling is a big part of hip hop and dance music.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a bit like David Guetta for me i.e. he's very hit and miss. I can't really hate someone who produced Brave (Kelis), 3 Words (Cheryl Cole), Beep (Pussycat Dolls), Photographs (Rihanna), American Boy (Estelle), Where Is The Love, Meet Me Halfway etc. But I dislike most of the other stuff I've heard from him. And I was horrified to hear that he had 'loads of ideas' for the Girls Aloud reunion. They need to stay as far away from him as possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    He's a bit like David Guetta for me i.e. he's very hit and miss. I can't really hate someone who produced Brave (Kelis), 3 Words (Cheryl Cole), Beep (Pussycat Dolls), Photographs (Rihanna), American Boy (Estelle), Where Is The Love, Meet Me Halfway etc. But I dislike most of the other stuff I've heard from him. And I was horrified to hear that he had 'loads of ideas' for the Girls Aloud reunion. They need to stay as far away from him as possible.

I think with Girls Aloud, they simply just need to have the balls to accept the good songs from him, and turn down the bad ones.

will.i.am is capable of making things like Big Girls Don't Cry, so if he can make a song like that for them, it's not something they'd want to miss out on. So they should definitely be open to working with him, but if he gives them songs like Don't Stop the Party, they should just simply say "no" imo.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Dirtee Cash' sprang to mind!:D

He's probably a nice guy who had too much smoke blown up his arse and thinks everything he releases is golden...
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the song with jlo and mick jagger called? I haven't heard this one
    kryskrys wrote: »

gotta agree with this. His work with bep since 2009 has been just plain horrible but he has produced some good stuff and deserves some credit. I tend to put him in the same bracket of awfulness as Pitbull and Flo rida but Will has done some decent stuff in his career. I used to be obsessed with bep in the Elephunk days
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will.i.am is kind of notorious for making songs that either sound amazing (Big fat bass etc) or songs that should just be made illegal (Boom boom pow).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BEP are good as a band I think, I know I'm in the minority there.
    I don't really like Will's solo music as much, and i'm a huge fan of the peas!
  • Options
    RIPfatpatRIPfatpat Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Will.i.am is kind of notorious for making songs that either sound amazing (Big fat bass etc) or songs that should just be made illegal (Boom boom pow).

I think you mean the songs in reverse order there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIPfatpat wrote: »

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really is! What the hell is it about!?

all three say something along the lines `you can go hard, or you can go home,` i think they are describing the beat and inviting people to `go hard` for the song.:confused: i appreciate them all individually, but that song is terrible. half way through the song, i wish they would all go home.:o
    What is the song with jlo and mick jagger called? I haven't heard this one

since you asked.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Will is a very clever man, and has produced some fantastic stuff as I've stated I'm a huge fan!
    But I don't like T.H.E and can't say I'm a fan of Big Fat Bass..

I love all his work with the peas, I liked what he did with Cheryl Cole's 3 words
    I also like various singles he's helped with Beep with the pussycat dolls etc.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly!

No i meant the order i put them in, all the stuff the BEP's have come out with inr ecent years has been absolute rubbish, however he got it right with Britney, its a great song.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id go as far as to say that BEP's last half decent song was 'lets get it started' all the way in 2003...everything since then has been absolutly terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    No i meant the order i put them in, all the stuff the BEP's have come out with inr ecent years has been absolute rubbish, however he got it right with Britney, its a great song.

I like Big Fat Bass, but it's far from will.i.am's best imo. Boom Boom Pow is much better I think. That song is catchy as hell (and even if some people don't like it, it was the biggest song of 2009 in the US, so clearly a lot of people think it's amazing :D).