Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Even better, I offered to give my mum the money and she said not to bother. Spoils me rotten! :o

Don't suppose you want an adopted brother, do you? :D
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when is the map revealed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When are the reviews out?
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    When are the reviews out?

after the 17th obviously
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which version of the game are you getting, standard, special or collector's?

I'm getting the special edition.

I pre-order standard version and hopeful only getting it for £15 if Game sell this game for £45 that is, I be saving up and got £30 on gift card hint why I be getting this game for only £15. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after the 17th obviously

Not necessarily... It's mainly only REALLY naff games that the publishers have little to no faith in or ones with limited marketing that don't get pushed out to reviewers early. Good reviews help drum up sales, after all.
    Your average game will have been in the journalists mitts for a week or two, sometimes longer, already and reviews can hit at anytime, depending on the embargo... Often a good week in advance...

However, I seem to remember the embargo on GTAIV was the day before release so...
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this game need any reviews? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

No... and I think that's pretty much R*'s attitude :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be honest as excited as i am, yes it does

Every thing we've heard and seen sounds amazing, but what if it isn't the only way we'll know for sure is when the reviews start to hit or when we get our hands on it

I'd rather know about any problems before they get my money
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    To be honest as excited as i am, yes it does

Every thing we've heard and seen sounds amazing, but what if it isn't the only way we'll know for sure is when the reviews start to hit or when we get our hands on it

I'd rather know about any problems before they get my money

What about the IGN hands on articles that were posted last week? They did a pretty good job of keeping it in the 'amazing' bracket...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    What about the IGN hands on articles that were posted last week? They did a pretty good job of keeping it in the 'amazing' bracket...

I didn't read them because i heard that they contained a few spoilers, if they didn't or they are very minor spoilers then i'll definitely give them a read

I really want to be as surprised as possible though so even they talked about a single mission, i would want to avoid it
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I think the reviews are going out on the 16th, so all of you attending a midnight launch will have something to read on your smart phones and tablets whilst waiting in line. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I think the reviews are going out on the 16th, so all of you attending a midnight launch will have something to read on your smart phones and tablets whilst waiting in line. :p

Did you not push for a review copy for your website? Not that you'd want to admit anything here, hahaha :D I considered it but the site I write for is predominantly fantasy based so I didn't bother...

As for the midnight launch... I might now be filming on the 17th so all plans are currently up in the air... grrr...
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avoided all spoiler posts but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the last major one was, cheers ********
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall we not just start the official thread? Then people
    may avoid coming here and seeing spoilers.
    No need to jump the gun with only a week to go. I requested permission from the forum admins a few weeks ago
    about starting up an 'official' thread on the release day. Aside from any 'official' threads, there are bound to be
    a number of dupe threads started on the day the game is released as well.

We've all waited patiently enough for the game itself for nearly two years (since Nov 2011 and the debut of the
    first trailer) I don't think there's a need to start an 'official' thread yet, especially while this one is still active.
    :cool:
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't pre-order until I know which version is the best. I read that they used the PS3 version in the trailers so that's a clue but you can never be sure!
  • Green SteelGreen Steel Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avoided all spoiler posts but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the last major one was, cheers ********

The ending wasn't leaked. The context of the spoiler is worthless (well, half of it is).
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending wasn't leaked. The context of the spoiler is worthless (well, half of it is).

but the point is, you shouldn't discuss spoilers unless you hide your discussion.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Started a new thread here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1888676

For people who get the game, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the TV trailer (on TV) for the first time, its so close to release its really happening this time :D:D:D:D
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to go now! Just 6 days! Eek!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the real map has been leaked today.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    and it's ENORMOUS, gadzooks! :eek:
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    and it's ENORMOUS, gadzooks! :eek:

Not really. It's like 20% roads and 80% wilderness.

The city part is smaller than GTA IV.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blizzards wrote: »
    So the real map has been leaked today.

no link?
This discussion has been closed.