dancin on ice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
Forum Member
✭✭
it sounds like a cheap version of strictly ice dancin. but its presented by the very loveley miss holly willoughby and phillip schofield. i think it will be alright, starts saturday if anyones interested

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I think I might give it a try
  • QUICKFOXTANGOQUICKFOXTANGO Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    welshbabe wrote:
    I think I might give it a try

Could be interesting ... especially as there is nothing much else worth bothering with on Saturday tv now that SCD is over until next time.

I just wonder how many bruised bums there will be during the programme? I know we witnessed Ian slipping or tripping briefly when dancing with Zoe but the "floor" in this ice rink will be a lot slippier - a probably harder! - than the dance floor.

Definitely going to watch, and hoping for the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to watch too, as Saturday nights are so dull without SCD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,945
    Forum Member
    Hope it will be OK and am getting the SCD buzz again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Really hoping it is going to be good! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    Going to be supporting Bonnie Langford. She's a lovely person!
  • CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    PeachUK wrote:
    Think she may have an advantage being a dancer. Saw her in Cats once and she was superb. Mind you that was a few years ago now so i guess she must be over 40 now.

Really hoping it will be good and hopefully spark a new interest in ice-skating. Will be a good introduction to the forthcoming international skating season. Also I will be very interested to see which "real" skaters are in it. I know one of them and she was going to be skating with Paul Burrell but as David Seaman has now replaced him I presume she's got David. Hhhmm think I know which I'd prefer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    CP30 wrote:
    Think she may have an advantage being a dancer. Saw her in Cats once and she was superb. Mind you that was a few years ago now so i guess she must be over 40 now.

Really hoping it will be good and hopefully spark a new interest in ice-skating. Will be a good introduction to the forthcoming international skating season. Also I will be very interested to see which "real" skaters are in it. I know one of them and she was going to be skating with Paul Burrell but as David Seaman has now replaced him I presume she's got David. Hhhmm think I know which I'd prefer.

She can still do the splits! I saw her perform not too long ago.. but I have seen her a couple of times a year as she hosts some shows that my pupils perform in. She has always made an effort to talk to the kids and make them feel special.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Never mind the rest of them , just be dazzled by the magnificent & gorgeous John Barrowman!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Yep, I will also be supporting the legend that is The Barrowman. He rocks. Pure and simple. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeachUK wrote:

I saw her in a Dance Gala evening in York dancing a Samba with Anton du Beke! It was soooo good! The music was a cross between 'Let's Face the Music' and 'Tequila' (the Samba song, not Terrorvision!)

Still trying to get a copy of the music cos it was so good!

Nat
    xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,945
    Forum Member
    Feel v ashamed of TV watching tendencies. I'm going out so am recording Monsieur Anton on one channel and Soapstars Superstars and Ice Dancing on the other. Wish was staying in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday tv has been dire since SCD ended, now we are being spoilt. I'm going to watch soapstars superstars, and ice dancing while taping the musicals and weakest link.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the beginning of the musicals and then turning over to the Ice dancing.

Not long now to find out how they do.
  • fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello LazySusan, welcome to our pink forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clashes with Anton & Lesley! Meep!

ITV have not only nicked the format, they've stolen a celeb (David Seaman) and a pro (Daniel Whitson - Danced with Scarlett Johnson). ITV suck!!!!! :rolleyes:

Still looks fun though. I love Torvil and Dean. Used to have a vid of them I watched all the time when I was a kid. and I love John Barrowman. And Stefan Booth.

But I know I'm gonna miss Anton now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am still suffering SCD withdrawal symptoms too.

SS was a lot of fun.

It'll be interesting to see how the new show works - 5 judges.

I think that Bonnie must be the leading contender (before seeing any of them actually dance).
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not watching it now!!! The Weakest Link is far more important!!! 6 people I love on that, only 2 on SID!!!!

You do the Math! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has David Seaman been on yet, he used to be an ice hockey player and he won the bBC one, he should be very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say the pro first?? Weird! Slow mo replay too!!!!

I'm gonna spend the whole series comparing them! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eclipse80 wrote:
    Has David Seaman been on yet, he used to be an ice hockey player and he won the bBC one, he should be very good.

Not yet - he'll be one of the later ones (if they follow the same order as the intro.)

The same thing seems to apply - that the male celebrities are at a disadvantage having to lead. But marks seem to be reflecting this (so far).
  • CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this first programme. Great to see Jayne & Chris back on the ice. We shouldn't really compare it to SCD as it is a completely different discipline. Having said that the two dancers were obviously at an advantage from performance and body positioning aspects. Think Bonnie and John could both improve.

But my biggest surprise was Sean (Martin Platt). He had picked up basic skating technique well and seemed to really enjoy it. And with Marika he's certainly got a partner that will want to push him.

One slightly odd thing was that they put the judges opposite the cameras. So the skaters were performing to the cameras and with their backs to the judges. This would never happen in a real skating competition. And the routines can look very different from behind. It is always more difficult to get tickets behind the judges - so I have often seen plenty of skaters' backsides - not such a bad thing sometimes though!!
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie Langford and John Barrowman are the best tonight as they are at the top of the leaderboard with only 0.5 a point between them.
    So far I like John as I think Bonnie has a bit of an advantage seen as she's a professional dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jillstar wrote:
    Bonnie Langford and John Barrowman are the best tonight as they are at the top of the leaderboard with only 0.5 a point between them.
    So far I like John as I think Bonnie has a bit of an advantage seen as she's a professional dancer.

Yes, I thought they were the best too. I like the show but it seems a little too drawn out, a bit too long winded IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimi wrote:
    Yes, I thought they were the best too. I like the show but it seems a little too drawn out, a bit too long winded IMO
    The dances are only about a minute long. But then they talk to all the 5 judges, talk to T &D, talk to the contestants, Holly Willoghby stands there looking startled for a bit. There is no Strictly style rushing with Arlene looking p-ed off because she didn't get her comment in.

edit : and am I the only one that spotted Kelly Holmes wearing and almost identical outfit to the one Hanna wore during the professional jive?