Options

Person of Interest - UK Premiere - Starts 14th August 10pm Channel 5 [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elias isn't part of the Families.

So his plan involving the Families is more of a hostile takeover??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed last nights episode, i'd go as far as saying that was one of my favourite hours of tv this year. Didn't see the twist coming at all
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotting up and drip feeding the story.....love it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    What time is this repeated tonight? I think it's FIVE USA but I'm not certain on the time.
  • Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was excellent. I have been lukewarm in my response to this series but stuck with it and CLICK - really enjoyed the latest ep. I didn't see the twist coming ( although did wonder why they laboured on showing Reese give the odd admiring or almost affectionate nod to the teacher / Elias

I too loved the closing shot. I'll be sticking with this now and trying just to ignore the far fetched plot devices that can clutter the show a bit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What time is this repeated tonight? I think it's FIVE USA but I'm not certain on the time.

You could always watch it on Demand 5

http://www.channel5.com/shows/person-of-interest/episodes/witness-8
  • Options
    jasperqmjasperqm Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Just to add that we love this series - were skeptical at first but really warmed to the characters and Reece is very hot!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    If Elias represents one of the Five Families would the guys with him at the end be representatives of the other four Families or would they just be some of Elias' underlings??
    Underlings...methinks, but what do I know, anything can happen in this.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not like me at all...but I guessed the teacher was Elias fairly early on.

I love this programme. :)
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Im finally up to date with this show. Its still slow but think it has potential. I saw the twist coming tbh. I do like the lead actors they are both very good. Was amused at the in joke about The Count of Monte Cristo asking the pupil what he thought of Edmond Dantes and they flash to Caviezal with a wry grin on his face - he played Dantes in a film :)
  • Options
    S-JoS-Jo Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Bloody 'ell- Jim Robinson AGAIN!! Think he been in every US TV series! Good on him-eat your heart out Fiona!!!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was that a Barrett .50cal he used on the car?

Looks a lot like the sniper rifle in Modern Warfare 3.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be a rule in the US that Jim Robinson has to be in every hit series.....even with a dodgy German accent:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    S-Jo wrote: »
    Bloody 'ell- Jim Robinson AGAIN!! Think he been in every US TV series! Good on him-eat your heart out Fiona!!!
    He must have a great agent.
    Was that a Barrett .50cal he used on the car?

Looks a lot like the sniper rifle in Modern Warfare 3.
    It was BIG....and the only thing that spoilt this episode for me, very silly.

I do like how Carter calls Reese 'my guy', whenever he is spotted at a crime scene.
    And the torture with the Needles....:eek:

"No teeth, no finger tips"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    There must be a rule in the US that Jim Robinson has to be in every hit series.....even with a dodgy German accent:D

There's a similar rule about Mark Sheppard so he'll be along sooner or later
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying the series, and the plot development is very good so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    The episode that is airing on Channel 5 this week is called "GET CARTER."

It is a really good episode that changes the dynamic of the the entire show. The following episode "NUMBER CRUNCH" is a game changer.

These two episodes caused PERSON OF INTEREST to go from a decent show to an awesome show.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the first episode that bored me to be honest, but I am sticking with it. Love it generally. Good to see Annie Parisse back on our screens as well.
  • Options
    enna_genna_g Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see there are others out there who are enjoying it I thought I was the only one. I particularly like Mr Finch and am looking forward to his story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, Mr. Marple. FOE is one of my least favorite POI episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    exuma wrote: »
    The episode that is airing on Channel 5 this week is called "GET CARTER."

It is a really good episode that changes the dynamic of the the entire show. The following episode "NUMBER CRUNCH" is a game changer.

These two episodes caused PERSON OF INTEREST to go from a decent show to an awesome show.
    Does Carter walk outside naked, holding a Shot Gun.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^Haha, no, Carter does not. :)
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,769
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately ;):p
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
    Forum Member
    Get Carter was excellent. Best episode yet, really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WOW.....that was good last night, but Reese in the Police Swat Team uniform, a bit much, methinks.

Great back story with Carter....and also present, with the Son Taylor.

But could Elias have got someone else to deliver the Flowers, bit risky I thought, in the Police Station, and I was thinking, did Lionel's Diskcam pick it up.

And with Carter's main case; I liked the girlfriends with the Phone call, in the station.:D