Options

Chloe save me song - one of the worst vocal performances..

13»

Comments

• Options
    supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you watch the performance carefully you can see she is VISIBLY shaking from nerves, so I think the weird dancing around was in an effort to try and dispel that shaking and of course when you're that nervous the vocals aren't gonna be pretty... Also I think she was kind of lost in the moment and the escalation of events and therefore wasn't fully able to concentrate on her singing. On a side note Simon's critiques this year have been shockingly poor, he will really say/do anything to try and draw more viewers in, appallingly immature really.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    One of the best songs ever written imo and she murdered it. She sounded like she was trying to sing it like Amy Winehouse but she ended up sounding like a drunk aunt at midnight after being at an all day wedding with a free bar

I think that's exactly what she was trying. I saw Amy sing it at Glastonbury a few years ago. She'd clearly had a few but it was still a mesmerising performance. I fully expected Chloe to do a Katie Weasel, sit down on the stage and shout "Oh f**k it".
  • Options
    Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said to my OH last night, she sounded like Vic Reeve's "in the style of a club singer" from Shooting Stars.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed me. She proved a lot of people right with that performance. It was painful.

Though to be fair they both were. Second week in a row I've said they should both go.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Really disappointed me. She proved a lot of people right with that performance. It was painful.

Though to be fair they both were. Second week in a row I've said they should both go.[/QUOTE]

Now that would shake it up. When they came to Simon, instead of him pretending he thought either act had a chance of being a success in the industry, wouldn't it have been great if he'd said "you know what, you were both terrible, I'm sending you both home". I suppose they couldn't do it because of the voting, but in the way I'm qutie enjoying Lord Sugar firing a couple of numpty Apprentice wannabees when he feels like it, I'd love more of the deadwood to be culled early on.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    They were both terrible but goodness me what have we been left with? Indistinguishable male singers and an 8 piece monstrosity.

I am really hoping that Only The Young win - at least they formed themselves and have a fun element about them. Not really my cup of tea but I am sure they can be successful - far more so than most of the others.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She end up being a model. on tv.. sometime soon..
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have ever seen on the X factor.

Whilst it was an average performance there have been a lot lot worse throughout the years of X-Factor.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank heavens she's gone.

I was one of the people saying she was a charlatan from the start.

I'm glad she proved me right.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't seem real at any level. Was trying too hard to project this posh girl image on to the public with her exaggerated voice and style - that it all got tiresome in the end. It didn't seem to come naturally to her and at times she looked so desperate.

Because she was different to the usual x factor contestants - think the producers really really pushed for her to get through to each stage (despite her obvious lack of vocal skills). But the public aren't mugs - she clearly can't sing and last night was actually acutely embarrassing to watch as she was so out of her depth. It was a bit like finally putting an animal out of its misery.
  • Options
    tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her audition performances, but she was noticably wobbly vocally during the live shows. As some have mentioned, it seemed like she wasn't taking the sing off seriously.

One wonders whether she decided the press coverage outweighed the benefit of fame?
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    She didn't seem real at any level. Was trying too hard to project this posh girl image on to the public with her exaggerated voice and style - that it all got tiresome in the end. It didn't seem to come naturally to her and at times she looked so desperate.

Because she was different to the usual x factor contestants - think the producers really really pushed for her to get through to each stage (despite her obvious lack of vocal skills). But the public aren't mugs - she clearly can't sing and last night was actually acutely embarrassing to watch as she was so out of her depth. It was a bit like finally putting an animal out of its misery.

Good post - I agree with all of it.

Plus I think she was off her head last night.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »

I assure you there is nothing exaggerated about Chloe what you see is how she is.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As bad as I've ever seen on an X Factor live show. Absolutely abominable. That fake Sloane Ranger accent makes me cringe. Glad she's gone. As for Stephanie Nala? Nice girl, but nowhere near good enough.
  • Options
    Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    egghead1 wrote: »
    I assure you there is nothing exaggerated about Chloe what you see is how she is.

Nonsense, somebody hard of hearing would hear her for the total phoney she is.
  • Options
    NE5NE5 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the sing off really a free choice of song ?

She wasn't great by any stretch but interesting and different, if she had sang a jazz number as in.previous weeks she would have blew that other hopeless lot out of the water
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NE5 wrote: »
    Is the sing off really a free choice of song ?

She wasn't great by any stretch but interesting and different, if she had sang a jazz number as in.previous weeks she would have blew that other hopeless lot out of the water

Did not understand her choice of song, thought she would do a jazz style version or something like that, even a reprisal of something she has done before.

She seemed fine about going as well so I wondered if she was pleased to be off the show.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    One of the best songs ever written imo and she murdered it. She sounded like she was trying to sing it like Amy Winehouse but she ended up sounding like a drunk aunt at midnight after being at an all day wedding with a free bar

I totally agree. At least the judges saw this too and got rid of her.
    Kerrianne should have been put through to the live shows - she could sing.
    Wonder how Cheryl feels now
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl will blame the public "not getting it" rather than her poor choices.

I agree about Kerrianne. She was, in my view, far and away the best of the girls at judges houses. I was gutted when she didn't get through.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song choices were awful for her, and it was obviously done that way to get rid of her. They just use the contestants for their own ends, but i guess it's always been that way.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her singing was terribly but she was so obviously upset. I can't sing when I'm shaking with fright or about to cry, and I'm sure none of the people on this thread can either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were both terrible. I agreed with Simon's assessment of Chloe, she really didn't appear to be too bothered. I think she's one of these people who just wants to be famous and doesn't care how she achieves it.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say that I thought she was like one of those horrendous drunken women at a party, who insist on singing. :o
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She end up being a model. on tv.. sometime soon..

Celebrity Big Brother.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good but very specific voice, poor song choice, and messy performance. I like Chloe, but she obviously wants to be famous more than she wants to explore her potential as a vocalist.I was sorry to see her go,because she has more potential than quite a few
    of the others,but it was fair to send her home after that sing off.