Hopkind thought she had it in the bag at the last two.

TitshoundTitshound Posts: 1,909
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She must have had a carrier bag full of her "brilliant"insults against Pricey ready for her victory speech.

I wonder how she will feel when she goes home and finds her bags outside the door and the locks changed.

I hope never to see her face on the screen again after she is let out from being sectioned, which she clearly needs.

Comments

• Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Hopkind? Sounds like someone from The Hobbit.
  • Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused by your post, OP. What leads you to believe that KH thought she was definitely going to win ?
    Yes, it must have been on her mind she was in with a 50/50 chance considering she was in the last two, but where is your proof that she thought she had it in the bag ?

She went into the house as Britain's most hated woman and finished runner up on what is essentially a popularity programe. I would hazard a guess that she herself was pretty surprised to find herself in that position.

Coming second was a bloody good result for her I would well imagine.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random42 wrote: »
    I'm confused by your post, OP. What leads you to believe that KH thought she was definitely going to win ?
    Yes, it must have been on her mind she was in with a 50/50 chance considering she was in the last two, but where is your proof that she thought she had it in the bag ?

She went into the house as Britain's most hated woman and finished runner up on what is essentially a popularity programe. I would hazard a guess that she herself was pretty surprised to find herself in that position.

Agreed.
  • chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Hopkins fan by a long way but out of the final two she deserved to win it, Pricey has done nothing but talk about sex and lay on the bed.
  • TitshoundTitshound Posts: 1,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random42 wrote: »

What good timing, your comment. Just had my morning coffee and feel there are things unsaid, even after show.

Unlike yourself, I had and still have no idea of who Hopkins is or was, except for the mess that appeared on my screen.

I came back to previously discarded BB after accidentally catching a glimpse of Perez halfway through the first week. Realizing he was a reincarnation of Mohammed Ali, I put down other things and watched the show enthralled by this remarkable man.

Now to Hopkins, who, on evidence, needs psychiatric attention but deserves personal credit for being an unwholesome person who, like a malicious Yorkshire terrier, should not have been let out among the public without the facility for a good kick up the arse as and when required.

BB was wrong on many counts and may have to be closed down for relying too much on the strength and durability of Perez's character as a dangerous, to Perez, gamble in a game that, thankfully, the British public brought to a fairy tale conclusion of sorts, in the process giving us the privilege of this wonderful, near genius person, Perez who truly gave us the Perez Show.

I would imagine that the unfortunate Hopkins has silly girled herself around her husband, as she did around the more gullible and unintelligent people in the house, people of her own ilk to some degree, hence my comment that her marriage may be under renewed scrutiny and re-examination.

She is not to be hated or despised, just treated.

What concerns me more is that there were people in Britain who saw her as an admirable person and made virtues of her defects which can only be discreetly describes as weak, nasty, and saddening.

This made me worry about the nature of Britain and how the nature of British decency has changed or has been led up the garden path by a very unpleasant and unprincipled person of little intelligence.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali is dead? :o:cry:
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Anyone with a brain would realise the worst case scenario for Katie H would be to win, it would wreck her unique selling point.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titshound wrote: »
    What good timing, your comment. Just had my morning coffee and feel there are things unsaid, even after show.

Unlike yourself, I had and still have no idea of who Hopkins is or was, except for the mess that appeared on my screen.

I came back to previously discarded BB after accidentally catching a glimpse of Perez halfway through the first week. Realizing he was a reincarnation of Mohammed Ali, I put down other things and watched the show enthralled by this remarkable man.

Now to Hopkins, who, on evidence, needs psychiatric attention but deserves personal credit for being an unwholesome person who, like a malicious Yorkshire terrier, should not have been let out among the public without the facility for a good kick up the arse as and when required.

BB was wrong on many counts and may have to be closed down for relying too much on the strength and durability of Perez's character as a dangerous, to Perez, gamble in a game that, thankfully, the British public brought to a fairy tale conclusion of sorts, in the process giving us the privilege of this wonderful, near genius person, Perez who truly gave us the Perez Show.

I would imagine that the unfortunate Hopkins has silly girled herself around her husband, as she did around the more gullible and unintelligent people in the house, people of her own ilk to some degree, hence my comment that her marriage may be under renewed scrutiny and re-examination.

What concerns me more is that there were people in Britain who saw her as an admirable person and made virtues of her defects which can only be discreetly describes as weak, nasty, and saddening.

This made me worry about the nature of Britain and how the nature of British decency has changed or has been led up the garden path by a very unpleasant and unprincipled person of little intelligence.

I feel the same! I felt like I must have fallen asleep for thirty years and woke up to discover all the rules of humanity had changed. I honestly never knew people would say straight to someones face that they had only one brain cell. :o When did our culture change to where insults and bullying were acceptable? I'm saddened by it all and a bit worried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This made me worry about the nature of Britain and how the nature of British decency has changed or has been led up the garden path by a very unpleasant and unprincipled person of little intelligence

I agree. The ghastly Helen Wood winning last year was demonstrable of a disturbing shift in British culture that applauds and rewards nasty behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Anyone with a brain would realise the worst case scenario for Katie H would be to win, it would wreck her unique selling point.

I don't think so. All it would have done is heightened her profile and she would continue doing the very same things that made her the winner in the first place.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the reasons Pricey won was the fact that some viewers by voting for her were giving a two fingered salute to Big Brother.

No matter what you think of Perez the bullying that went on by Hopkins and her cohorts who wanted to "isolate the bastard" made for uncomfortable viewing. The fact that BB appeared to be complicit in it by inviting other celebrities into the house to further put the boot in was even more disturbing. The smug looks of Hopkins and Best when Perez was getting a good kicking by James Jordan et al was stomach churning. There was no balance or fairness. No matter what you think of Perez, two wrongs never make a right.

On the back of this CBB got the winner it deserved. Pricey entered the house 10 days later than anyone else. By her own admission, she thought she didn't do much because she felt so unwell, even having to leave to see her doctor. She stayed out of the bullying and picked her battles, only retaliating when she felt she had to.

Most voters obviously thought that a woman who hadn't done much was the better option. CBB did get the winner it deserved.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »

Katie Hopkins first came to light when she won The Apprentice a few years back!..... From what I can remember she was pretty nasty in that as well, She came very near to being fired quite a few times but in the end!, Sir Alan, (as he was then), decided to hire her!.......

But!............ after much thought!, she decided to decline his job offer! :o........ and she has gone on to appear here and there insulting people in other areas!..... She must have decided this was her forte in life!.....................:D
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    chicksee wrote: »
    Not a Hopkins fan by a long way but out of the final two she deserved to win it, Pricey has done nothing but talk about sex and lay on the bed.

Even that is better than Hopkins spreading negativity and spouting vitriol morning, noon and night. The loud Americans were bad enough, but Hopkins gave them a run for their money - possibly because she has walked amongst them for some time and learned to drone on and on as loudly as possible.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    Even that is better than Hopkins spreading negativity and spouting vitriol morning, noon and night. The loud Americans were bad enough, but Hopkins gave them a run for their money - possibly because she has walked amongst them for some time and learned to drone on and on as loudly as possible.
    talking of the Americans... Hopkins cant stand them so it was quite funny to see her being chummy with the gutter snipe and Gay Pride Lady.. who both couldnt have been more Ameircan , at one point Katy said.. Oh Loud Americans and forgot herself turning sharply to Michelle to apologise, was hilarious to watch..
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I think you might just be my new favourite poster. Every line of this is brilliantly written and coolly analysed. Especially love your comment about BB gambling on Perez's mental health. Thank Christ he was resilient. :cool:
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Wow - great post.
  • goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did too like lots of people. Who would've thought the dullard KP would've won?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins first came to light when she won The Apprentice a few years back!..... From what I can remember she was pretty nasty in that as well, She came very near to being fired quite a few times but in the end!, Sir Alan, (as he was then), decided to hire her!.......

But!............ after much thought!, she decided to decline his job offer! :o........ and she has gone on to appear here and there insulting people in other areas!..... She must have decided this was her forte in life!.....................:D

:o She SO didn't win The Apprentice. She left before the final week, and in the spinoff show AS called her 'unemployable' and said she had wasted her time being on the show.

The kerfuffle at the time was that Simon won instead of hot favourite Kristina.
  • goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o She SO didn't win The Apprentice. She left before the final week, and in the spinoff show AS called her 'unemployable' and said she had wasted her time being on the show.

If I remember it right she ruled herself out in the boardroom and she was actually good throughout the process.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

it's interesting how people are completely re-writing history isn't it?
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtvA8sIszsM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-461885/Sir-Alans-blast-disgraced-Apprentice-Katie-Hopkins-Youre-unemployable.html

I think her success on the Apprentice has been grossly over exaggerated - selective memories on here I think. She was a nasty piece of work back then and has been honing her particular brand of horrible ever since.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    it's interesting how people are completely re-writing history isn't it?

It was just a mistake. In a way it was a shame - I reckon she would have been eviscerated if she had got as far as the interviews. But AS obviously didn't like her. He likes feisty fighters, as with Leah, but he doesn't like back-stabbers and he is quite puritanical I think; he was obviously revolted by her public heavy flirting.

Wrong winner that year, but she would have been worse.

The think that always strikes me about her is that she loves to portray herself as socially superior - the worship of private education and contempt for state schools, the silly stuff about only allowing impeccably middle class children to associate with hers - but in order to forge her particular kind of media 'career', she has had to live like someone on Geordie Shore. You really can't tell your children that most people are vulgar when you are permanently hungry for cheap reality tv shows. Her interview in today's Star is basically "Please please someone offer me more tv work!" And we all know that it won't be The Late Review.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member

Good post. The only part I disagree with is that Hopkins should not be hated and despised. However on second thoughts that would only increase her 'celebrity' staus and bolster the bank balance of the nasty talentless bitch further..