Options

Chegwin trashes KH….

Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From the show he seemed to be getting on the KH bandwagon but now is backpedaling. Regardless, he expresses his disliked of KH and kind of insults Alicia imo:

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a627399/keith-chegwin-i-dont-know-how-katie-hopkins-husband-copes.html#~p3FwXBn5VVtKZb

He's not my favorite (He is #5 out of all the housemates and #2 out of the finalists imo) but I thought of him as a pretty nice guy (not perfect, but no one is)

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great quote by Keith here on Katie Hopkins attacks on Alicia.....
    I sort of thought, 'Hang on a minute – have a go at Keith Chegwin, have a go at Calum, have a go at the tougher people in the house'.

However, rather than just think it, he should have actually said it.
  • Options
    Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, where was his mouth in the house when it was needed. He's just like the other nasties, cowardly.
  • Options
    mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at that...Cheggers is two faced. He acts like he gets along with her and then all of a sudden he doesn't.

Sadly he didn't do enough in the show to actually talk much about so this doesn't really surprise me. To me it appears he's trying to create a storyline post CBB and this is about the best he can do.

I actually don't think he is two faced...he seemed a real gent and I did like him. I do think he's trying to give the press anything to sink their teeth into though...there are only so many ways you can say he was a good guy before you move on (you being the press post CBB).
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Great quote by Keith here on Katie Hopkins attacks on Alicia.....

However, rather than just think it, he should have actually said it.

Exactly !
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think that is the main problem with CBB, there's already a hierarchy in place before the housemates even enter.
    You see people with long respected careers sucking up to the latest wannabe because they want to be down with the kids that are voting. Not in Keith's case but just in general.

Although CBB15 was probably the worst series there's ever been in terms of hypocrisy. Like housemates didn't react to things naturally, their reaction depended on who it was and then to defend them if it's a friend or turn everyone against them if it's a foe.

In that respect I could understand someone like Keith not speaking up, because most people's opinions were biased and arse-backward in that house.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    He's clearly not over her beating him.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's clearly not over her beating him.

In the same way she's clearly not over Pricey beating her :D
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the show he seemed to be getting on the KH bandwagon but now is backpedaling. Regardless, he expresses his disliked of KH and kind of insults Alicia imo:

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a627399/keith-chegwin-i-dont-know-how-katie-hopkins-husband-copes.html#~p3FwXBn5VVtKZb

He's not my favorite (He is #5 out of all the housemates and #2 out of the finalists imo) but I thought of him as a pretty nice guy (not perfect, but no one is)

Shame he didnt have the balls to tell Hopkins to her face.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »

Exactly.:D Hopkins will stew for a long time.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Arthur_B wrote: »

Really? So in the house Hopkins said Katie Price was entertaining, amazing, brilliant, deserved the win did she?

Nope. She didn't.

She's come out and said the EXACT same thing she said in the house - Pricey isn't a deserving winner, she was boring, did nothing, had no opinions on anything. All of which she said in the house.

Keith makes out like he likes people in the house, says KH is lovely, Perez is misunderstood and so on, comes out of the house and finally has an opinion.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Really? So in the house Hopkins said Katie Price was entertaining, amazing, brilliant, deserved the win did she?

Nope. She didn't.

She's come out and said the EXACT same thing she said in the house - Pricey isn't a deserving winner, she was boring, did nothing, had no opinions on anything. All of which she said in the house.

Keith makes out like he likes people in the house, says KH is lovely, Perez is misunderstood and so on, comes out of the house and finally has an opinion.

I am guessing that he thought if played the nice guy he would have a good chance of winning - let's face it his career needs a boost if anyone does - but now it's all over he's showing his true self. Which goes to show that you can never judge someone on a show like CBB -
  • Options
    reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am the type of person who will support a hm to win but if they have disappointed me by doing/saying something, then I will also say so and as much as I really wanted Keith to win he has disappointed me. It is no good saying these things outside, he should of grew a bigger pair and told Hopkins to stop when Alicia was going through that. The only 2 that seemed to defend Alicia from Hopkins comments were Perez and Nadia

The article also makes Keith look a hypocrite as he pulls Hopkins down for calling Alicia yet actually says she is not the full set, how damn rude of him and why did we not see more of this Keith in the house. He is still a nice guy but I rather suspect he did indeed sit on the fence rather than get involved with something he did not approve of.

Despite voting for Keith to win, I am now glad he didn't.
  • Options
    Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have no problem with Keith being 'Switzerland', a nice guy, who avoids confrontation. Such people, in my opinion, are more admirable than Hopkins. I wanted Keith to win until near the end when I changed my mind about him and turned my support to Pricey. I now see why HMs may have had a problem with him. He never once voiced his opinion to Hopkins that she was bullying Alicia - Only Nadia and Perez stood up for her. He was pleasant to Perez, seemed to find him funny and stayed friendly towards him and then ripped him to shreds when he left the house. Keith wasn't a fence sitter, he was a two faced manipulator.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Cheggars and thought for the first few weeks he should win.... but then things started to change... and now his rage about Perez has put the tin hat on it for me anyway.. it was brutal.. even Perez looked sad and shocked by it... two face wee git.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really think he insulted Alicia. Sure, he mentioned her not exactly being bright, but I doubt he meant it in a malicious way. He followed it with saying how nice and kind she is.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So was this cheggars:D

What we're trying to say is that Switzerland is like that quiet kid in the back of class who you just don't **** with because he knows muay thai and has a weird twitch. Oh, and he has a lot of guns. In Switzerland, every man is required to join the military once he hits 19. That in itself isn't too weird; lots of countries have compulsory conscription. What's different about Switzerland is that once discharged from basic training, everyone takes their weapons home with them. They have to. It's the law. And they can keep those guns forever, which is one reason why the only two countries that have more firearms per capita than Switzerland are the United States (no surprise there) and Yemen. Not that we can get accurate numbers, because gun registration isn't a thing in Switzerland.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20301_the-5-most-secretly-badass-countries.html#ixzz3RALCqLwn
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall that there were at least two occasions where we saw Keith telling Katie that he was disappointed in her.

I'm not at all convinced that he was a follower of Katie - I just don't think that it's his style to have stand up rows. For someone of his character to openly say he's disappointed in someone is quite a strong statement - the world is not full of confrontational bullies.

Fortunately there are plenty of people who say what they need to say calmly - in the real world when someone not known to say critical things speaks out then it's considered to be a step away from the norm and is noted.

As far as I can see he's not really saying anything different to what he said in the house - he just didn't make a big song and dance about it...
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really think he insulted Alicia. Sure, he mentioned her not exactly being bright, but I doubt he meant it in a malicious way. He followed it with saying how nice and kind she is.

Alicia was harmless enough in the house but I don't think that anyone could credibly say that she has a great intellect.

Worth remembering that she's made her career from kiss and tells so she's not Little Miss Innocent.
  • Options
    tmjtmj Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I could never get behind Keith. There were all too many clues throughout the series that he was hiding his true opinions, and being fake and passive aggressive a lot of the time. He's now confirmed this in my mind through his post eviction interviews. In my opinion this puts him behind even cami. This shows that hes the kind of person that would smile and laugh with you at a dinner party and then say how much he dislikes you the moment you leave. Glad pricey won out of the finalists

/rant
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Great post reader123....:cool: I agree with you...
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were scared stiff of Katie Hopkins anyone she saw as Alpha Male she made sure his testicles were stored in the fridge within seconds.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope. She didn't.

What you've posted is completely irrelevant. Yes, Katie H has been consistent in what she has said about Katie p - never once did I claim she hadn't been - but that doesn't change the fact that she's clearly seething that Katie P beat her. That was the point I made. I would suggest you read posts more carefully before replying to them in future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wouldnt trust him, he was nice to katie in the house and spiteful to perez when he was going through hell, like you say backpeddling now he can see what the majority of the public really think of her
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect his turn-around might have something to do with his wife telling him a few home truths.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have trashed more whilst he was in the house.