Options

Why are you called a hypocrite if you bitch about KH?

Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't understand it.

The way I see it, people have every reason to "bitch" about her, given that she has proven herself to be an utter one! The majority of it is just constructive criticism anyway.

Unlike the people she "bitches" about yet knows nothing about them.

There is a difference.

Comments

• Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my view, she has entered a competition which is purely about personality.. That's its entire raison d'etre. She did it for a large fee and to raise her profile, knowing what that entails. She was offered the programme because abusing people is her USP. So people will talk about her, good and bad, on social media.

The people she picks on aren't volunteers for her guttersnipe abuse and aren't being paid for it.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    I think some people think that standing up against bullies/trolls etc. means that makes you a bully/troll.

It's very simple, black and white thinking. Same as Hopkins'.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because many of her supporters have serious double standards. She can say what she likes because it's "honesty" (apparently) and she's using her right to have an opinion, but she's exempt from receiving opinions back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    I think some people think that standing up against bullies/trolls etc. means that makes you a bully/troll.

It's very simple, black and white thinking. Same as Hopkins'.
    Yes, like those people who say 'I'm entitled to my opinion' as if that means 'I'm entitled not to be disagreed with'.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, like those people who say 'I'm entitled to my opinion' as if that means 'I'm entitled not to be disagreed with'.

Spot on.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »

Indeed.

And saying that you won't allow your daughter, India, to play with kids with geographical names! ;-)
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I don't understand it.

The way I see it, people have every reason to "bitch" about her, given that she has proven herself to be an utter one! The majority of it is just constructive criticism anyway.

There is a difference.

..but it's still hypocrisy. :D

I mean even if people are polite and were to say "I wish Katie Hopkins wouldn't say such mean things about people"...that still makes the person saying it a hypocrite ..if they have ever, in their life, said something mean to/about someone.

Pretty much every single person on the planet is a hypocrite to one degree or another.
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont forget 'jealous'. A lot of fm's (especially female) have been called jealous if they criticise her.
  • Options
    kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callous wrote: »

I mean even if people are polite and were to say "I wish Katie Hopkins wouldn't say such mean things about people"...that still makes the person saying it a hypocrite ..if they have ever, in the life, said something mean to/about someone.

Pretty much every single person on the planet is a hypocrite to one degree or another.

I get what you are saying, but I also think that those who throw the term hypocrite at Hopkins detractors are doing so simply to shut down argument and debate.
  • Options
    kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linmic wrote: »
    Dont forget 'jealous'. A lot of fm's (especially female) have been called jealous if they criticise her.

again I think this is used simply to shut down debate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spot on.
    Thank you!
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Indeed.

And saying that you won't allow your daughter, India, to play with kids with geographical names! ;-)
    Yes, she should have that conversation with the Royal Family, what with them having names like Savannah, Autumn and Isla.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kravchic wrote: »
    Yes, it's just a sexist slur.
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I mean even if people are polite and were to say "I wish Katie Hopkins wouldn't say such mean things about people"...that still makes the person saying it a hypocrite ..if they have ever, in their life, said something mean to/about someone.

Right. With that opinion, would you say all those people who fought for better rights down through the ages were hypocrites because they criticised those who abused people by making children go up chimmey's, work seven days a week, 20hr days, women not having the vote, being racist, bigoted etc etc.

Come on. ;-)
  • Options
    Ross PKRoss PK Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, it's not the same thing at all. There's a big difference between bitching about someone who doesn't deserve it and bitching about someone who does.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hypocrit hates being recognised as such, thusly they throw the reality back at the person who reveals that Hypocracy

Case in point: Katie Hopkins is a bully and uses bullying tactics but she reverses that to accuse the accuser of bullying.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because if you Bitch about someone who Bitches about people then you`re criticizing her for doing what you do.. So you`re a hypocrite.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,986
    Forum Member
    It's an easy and lazy way to try and win an argument
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Because if you Bitch about someone who Bitches about people then you`re criticizing her for doing what you do.. So you`re a hypocrite.

what if you critique, review or comment on someone who bitches?
    hypocrite free then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "To speak with forked tongue" :p:D

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hypocrisy
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kravchic wrote: »

Well yes...it probably is..but if it does shut it down, it sort of shows that the people shouting hypocrite are correct.

The second someone uses a rude/insulting word to describe her, in regards to her using rude/insulting words against other people..they've pretty much thrown themselves wide open to the hypocrite tag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Hopkins entered a personality contest voluntarily whose entire purpose is about people voting and talking about your personality. She was invited because she makes a living out of public abuse on TV and on social media so people are commenting on that.

She, on the other hand, abused the physical appearance of a young girl who went onto a singing contest on Saturday, as an example. Not her singing but her appearance. She insulted the physical appearance of Linda Nolan, as well as her character, using traditional and tired slurs about the appearance of middle-aged women. Not liking Linda Nolan's character doesn't make that OK, as some of her fans seem to think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes...it probably is..but if it does shut it down, it sort of shows that the people shouting hypocrite are correct.

The second someone uses a rude/insulting word to describe her, in regards to her using rude/insulting words against other people..they've pretty much thrown themselves wide open to the hypocrite tag.

If you want to take things to the zenith of extremes then you can't talk either.

No one can. :):D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I don't understand it.

There is a difference.

From my point of view, it's not that they bitch about her.

It's when they start with personal insults whilst complaining about someone making personal insults like they are any better.

I think my favourite one was along the lines of her being a "stupid vile bitch because she slags people off behind their backs and they can't reply" but was unable to quite grasp the fact that they were doing the exact same thing :confused:

But on the whole, everybody is entitled to make their view on anybody known If that's what they want to do
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another one. Bit more less in your face but just as hypocritical..

'Hopkins is the last person who should be saying something derogatory about someone's looks.'

They do make me laugh.
    Of course people can be bitchy about Katie if the want. Because they think she deserves it. Perhaps Katie thought Linda N deserved it too having watched her in the house last year..
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

Agree with your last sentence :).

I do have a little snigger to myself when you see a fm critising someone for calling a hm ugly, vile etc., whilst they are saying exactly the same thing about another hm on a different thread :D