Harry and MC Holby City

Little StarLittle Star Posts: 1,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else finding this pairing great to watch? When they initially started the 'no strings' arrangement I thought it was going to be quite tedious but the storyline is actually creating a lot more depth to both characters. It was quite touching last night when Harry realised that he had genuine feelings for MC. I think both actors are doing really well with it and have a great chemistry. Good to see Harry express some real emotion for once as I think that prior to this the character was a little bit one dimensional. Hopefully the writers won't ruin it by dragging out the whole 'will they won't they' too far!

Comments

• kpcrispsxxxkpcrispsxxx Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Hopefully what happens next week will bring them together properly :)
  • Little StarLittle Star Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer for next week and it seems that MC is attacked/held hostage. Presuming the actress playing MC is not leaving and they aren't going to ruin the storyline midway through by killing her off??
  • kpcrispsxxxkpcrispsxxx Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Saw the trailer for next week and it seems that MC is attacked/held hostage. Presuming the actress playing MC is not leaving and they aren't going to ruin the storyline midway through by killing her off??

I hope not! I really like MC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the news that Jules Knight is leaving I think that this storyline is going to end tragically. If so I hope they do at least tie the storyline up properly beforehand. Also hope they don't go down the overly predictable route of killing Harry off 5 minutes after they have gotten together. Given that Jules only has a few weeks left and Niamh McGrady hasn't left it's looking that way.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the news that Jules Knight is leaving I think that this storyline is going to end tragically. If so I hope they do at least tie the storyline up properly beforehand. Also hope they don't go down the overly predictable route of killing Harry off 5 minutes after they have gotten together. Given that Jules only has a few weeks left and Niamh McGrady hasn't left it's looking that way.

Well, Harry leaves in May and the spoilers for 10th March say that:
    Harry's had a life-changing accident
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No word of Niamh leaving (although she's anxious for another series of The Fall to come about) but with Jules going it won't end well imo.

Took me forever to warm to Harry but like him now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No word of Niamh leaving (although she's anxious for another series of The Fall to come about) but with Jules going it won't end well imo.

Took me forever to warm to Harry but like him now.

Completely agree. The character has only recently started to develop. I think it's a shame he's leaving just as they've started to do something with him and have given him a watchable storyline.
  • CeeCee87CeeCee87 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Completely agree. The character has only recently started to develop. I think it's a shame he's leaving just as they've started to do something with him and have given him a watchable storyline.

I always liked the competitive relationship with Raf but they ruined it with Amy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CeeCee87 wrote: »
    I always liked the competitive relationship with Raf but they ruined it with Amy.

That plot with Amy didn't really add anything to either character IMO. See leaving plot is to make Harry 'unrecognisable.' What do we make of that?
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    There's a holby thread. Marie Claire is a very likeable character and wasted on a bland character like Harry. Sooner he's off the better
  • JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    NickJordan wrote: »

I wonder if when they say Harry will be "unrecognisable" they mean literally, and the accident is maybe something along the lines of burns? Who knows, it'll be an interesting build up to his exit nonetheless.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    NickJordan wrote: »

Hmm that's kinda disappointing, it's a bit soon for something like that again. When was the last one, 18 months ago or something? It could be very different to that of course, but still the same reason for leaving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanJ7 wrote: »
    I wonder if when they say Harry will be "unrecognisable" they mean literally, and the accident is maybe something along the lines of burns? Who knows, it'll be an interesting build up to his exit nonetheless.

I had thought it might be something like that too. Either that or an accident which renders him unable to care for himself. Wondering if his departure was announced rather suddenly as if this happens 10 th March it doesn't really give them a lot of time to resolve the relationship plot and it doesn't look as though it will be resolved before then.
    Mind you I always felt the Harry and Mary Claire storyline was being built up to have some type of dramatic/tragic ending as there was a lot of focus on showing the audience how 'smitten' Harry was and I'm not sure they would have known what to do with his character in a proper relationship with someone he cared about!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Hmm that's kinda disappointing, it's a bit soon for something like that again. When was the last one, 18 months ago or something? It could be very different to that of course, but still the same reason for leaving.

Yes it is pretty repetitive. Hopefully the plot will at least be resolved in a semi satisfactory way this time. Although they don't seem to have much time to do that if Jules has already left
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he's going to be facially disfigured and have a face transplant so they can have a new actor in the role.

I'm 90% joking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's going to be facially disfigured and have a face transplant so they can have a new actor in the role.

I'm 90% joking.

I know you're joking but just wondering have Holby ever recast a main character before. I wonder how they will write him out unless his injury makes him unable to work?
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like these two together it's a shame hes leaving.

Marie Claire along with Jac are by far my favourite characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu25 wrote: »
    Really like these two together it's a shame hes leaving.

Marie Claire along with Jac are by far my favourite characters.

Agreed. Mary Claire has really come into her own lately and is one of the most likeable and well rounded characters in the show IMO. Would be nice to see the character have something work out for once!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know you're joking but just wondering have Holby ever recast a main character before. I wonder how they will write him out unless his injury makes him unable to work?

I've never known them do so. They've written out characters with illnesses that made their jobs impossible. There was a nurse in a shared house (Liam maybe?) who I think ended up in a wheelchair (he's the guy who plays Jimmy in Doctors now). And Alex Adams had some sort of degenerative disease I think but I'd stopped religiously watching by then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Mary Claire has really come into her own lately and is one of the most likeable and well rounded characters in the show IMO. Would be nice to see the character have something work out for once!

I like her as well. About time we had a likeable character - I still miss Chantelle.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that Harry is going :( Womaniser aside, I think there's so much potential for him. Good luck to Jules with his album though :)
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Those words sort of make it unrealistic for any return in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm sad that Harry is going :( Womaniser aside, I think there's so much potential for him. Good luck to Jules with his album though :)

Exactly. We're only getting to see that he has a bit more depth now so it's a shame he's going. It's a pity they didn't do more to develop him at the outset. If they'd paired him up with Mary Claire properly at the start rather than going down the Gemma route I think we would have seen a lot more to the character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Those words sort of make it unrealistic for any return in the future.

Yes if the 'unrecognisable' part is literal it would probably make a return for the character unlikely. Although if the accident is to happen so soon and Harry is not leaving our screens until May, perhaps it is not literal and they may have him recover and resolve some issues before he leaves. Hard to see how they would resolve the storyline with Mary Claire satisfactorily either way though.
    I hope not but it is likely to be a bit like the Jeff/Yasmin story in Casualty: long will they/won't they build up and then the whole storyline hastily finalised in about two episodes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the spoilers and:
    Harry tells Mary Claire he is in love with her next week before then suffering critical injuries trying to save a patient. She has reacted badly to his confession re his feelings and hasn't had an opportunity to tell him how she feels before the accident. He seems to be seriously ill over most of the next few weeks.

It doesn't sound like the 'unrecognisable' part is literal but it does sound like we are going to have a tragic ending to the storyline...