I cant believe how Bens character has been ruined!

Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
seriously, its ridiculous!
the whole thing was the big difference between ben and phil, and the way they interact with eachother.
are we honestly supposed to believe this is the same ben who was mincing around to lady gaga only a few months ago, honestly i despair of this show

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    :confused: he's only doing it to make phil happy. he hasnt been ruined
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    He's still the same Ben(with a head change) - but you know, he's grown up & naturally changed since he's been in prison.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's because the young offenders home has changed him.

being locked up with other young delinquents for 6 months, can change a persons character.
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nonsense! i knew those types of replies would pop up. he is absolutly nothing like the real ben
    Forum Member
    Monster101 wrote: »
    nonsense! i knew those types of replies would pop up. he is absolutly nothing like the real ben

So if you get locked up for 6 months - you'd be the same would you? i don't think so..
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me laugh that some people find it possible for BEN's character to be 'ruined'. You do remember the old Ben? He was a kid, you should expect when a character is re cast to play a more prominent role there will be differences. And to be fair not just any kid could play what the old Ben was. Ben came across the way he did because that was how the actor came across and the writing just played it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't believe it it's because he hasn't been ruined. He's actually... *gasp* ...good now! Shocking.
    Forum Member
    well the real ben was quiet, had a good friendship with shirley, liked baking cakes, wanted to make phil proud etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course he isnt, because prison has changed him.

people do actually get taller, and their voice gets deeper as they get older.... you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the real ben was quiet, had a good friendship with shirley, liked baking cakes, wanted to make phil proud etc

Because that would have made an interesting character. When kid characters grow up they do often become more versatile and change. Lucy Beale was actually quite well behaved until 07. It happens.

Anyway this is the kid who hurt Jordan and semi tortured his younger sister. He has serious issues Ben, he wasn't just going to be the nice boy who likes to hang out with Shirley.
    Forum Member
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    Because that would have made an interesting character. When kid characters grow up they do often become more versatile and change. Lucy Beale was actually quite well behaved until 07. It happens.

lol i said that because thats what new ben is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol i said that because thats what new ben is.

OK, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the fact he seems tougher now and that was what old Ben was. And he does, even though he still helped Shirley bake a cake. They kept some of old Ben they've just made him better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a bit strange
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked the character of Lucy, she could be interesting at times.

I mean, she was a kind of cross between a nice person and Janine.

Lucy probably wouldn't murder someone like Janine, but still had those 'bitch like tendancies'.
    Forum Member
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    OK, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the fact he seems tougher now and that was what old Ben was. And he does, even though he still helped Shirley bake a cake. They kept some of old Ben they've just made him better.

yeah thats what i mean. he's just toughened up but theyve kept the old character traits
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll just have to wait and see if New Ben will be seen dancing to Girls Aloud or Lady GaGa again
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get used to New Ben. Nothing to do with the actor at all, but I was endeared to him last time because of the contrast between father and son.

Now he's another clone, he bores me :o
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because the personality traits that the old character use to possessed such as the dancing, musicals and well I guess camp behaviour has disappeared and is no longer being written for the character they are now writing him as a Jay clone, familiarity is a key with viewers and its kind of gone wrong they've done the same with the new Lauren.
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It's because the personality traits that the old character use to possessed such as the dancing, musicals and well I guess camp behaviour has disappeared and is no longer being written for the character they are now writing him as a Jay clone, familiarity is a key with viewers and its kind of gone wrong they've done the same with the new Lauren.

hes only been in a few eps and those are the type of things that phil didnt like. he said to roxy the other day he didnt wanna be like him
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I'm not happy either. We didn't need another Jay as we already had Jay. Ben was unique in the sense he was everything Phil never wanted him to be. So now they have made him everything Phil wanted him to be there is no where left for the character to go. The previous version had a hell of a lot of mileage left within him and its a shame all that hard work, which took the best part of four years, has been ruined.
    Forum Member
    I'm not happy either. We didn't need another Jay as we already had Jay. Ben was unique in the sense he was everything Phil never wanted him to be. So now they have made him everything Phil wanted him to be there is no where left for the character to go. The previous version had a hell of a lot of mileage left within him and its a shame all that hard work, which took the best part of four years, has been ruined.

but hes only doing it to make phil proud :confused:
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes only been in a few eps and those are the type of things that phil didnt like. he said to roxy the other day he didnt wanna be like him

Yes I guess I can understand that but there is nothing at all its like they are just trying to recreate the next generation of Mitchell hardman because if we honest the Mitchells family are lacking with out Peggy they've got no centre place anymore.
    Forum Member
    It's already been said he likes musicals, cooking etc.
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Yes I guess I can understand that but there is nothing at all its like they are just trying to recreate the next generation of Mitchell hardman because if we honest the Mitchells family are lacking with out Peggy they've got no centre place anymore.

::Adam:: wrote: »
    It's already been said he likes musicals, cooking etc.
    This:)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ben Mitchell and Gok Wan....seperated at birth:eek: