Matt Di Angelo & Flavia Cacace (Merged) (Part 32)

mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
Forum Member
✭✭

Hi guys you alright?

I couldn't resist logging on after I had a quick squizz before proper bed time.

I' don't much like talking about this subject on here but I think that poster is the same one who claims V and F never split up and the whole thing was a publicity stunt lol, so there you go, anyone can say they're anything onlineor know this or that so you know you can never really know what's true or what isn't.

Admin Edit: This Thread has been split up into currently 32 parts links to each can be seen below:

Matt Di Angelo & Flavia Cacace (Merged)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Part 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Part 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, Part 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, Part 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Good points there! *puts down worry baton*

Im fine, been out too, with mates. Im knackered and am going to bed in a min...

Ha Ha, I was just about to say I'll join you............but you know what I mean............:eek:

Having problems getting on computer of late, hubby doing alot of work on it at present, but I still manage to nip on during day :o

Night Bodds, night anybody lurking, any of Matt & Flavia's family friends, neighbours, milkman, dustbinman...........speak soon:):p:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys you alright?

I couldn't resist logging on after I had a quick squizz before proper bed time.

I' don't much like talking about this subject on here but I think that poster is the same one who claims V and F never split up and the whole thing was a publicity stunt lol, so there you go, anyone can say they're anything online.

Hi Minty.......I've not gone yet.......I agree best not to say too much, but I believe you may be right:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I'm off this time.......night all:sleep:
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night Spenny (and Bodds) me too....good thing I have a day off tomorrow!!!

xxx
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Mavaria!!

Looks like it could be a beautiful day down here!! Lets hope its catching and you ALL have a decent day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re the "Family Friend" - forget it!!! I'm the family friend of another ex-contestant (really) but that gave me no clue as to the extent or otherwise of her love life.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings

JJ
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting- one of the posters on the BBC thread, a person who is INSISTANT that Matt and Flav have split up has now said she knows for definate cos she is a "family friend" (doesnt say of whom!)

What do we think of that??:confused::confused::confused:

The same person claims that Flavia dumped 'Eastenders boy like a hot cake' and that V&F have never been apart. Sounds like a very bitter person rather than a family friend.
    When you are known like Matt, there must be loads of hangers-on who think they know everything about you.
    She would have us believe that V&F set the entire thing up for publicity!
    Flaw after flaw in that notion.
    If Flavia wanted publicity she could have been in every paper in the country – they were ‘tabloid hot property’ – remember? The fact that they did not want publicity has led to a vacuum in which people like that poster can spout personal and unfounded theories.
    If Matt had been played for a fool as that poster suggests, would he have recommended the show and Flavia as a teacher to his FRIEND Phil Daniels?
    If they had split up - especially under those circumstances - would he have gone to the show with his Mum and watched them dance?

I think not.

People may use Matt & Flavia and their fans as the butt of jokes and claim that we are deluded, but they forget that many of us have met the people involved and even been taught by them, so we are not talking about fleeting exposure.
    They have invariably proved to be decent and grounded human beings with a refreshing humility. They are not headlines seekers. Matt & Flavia and Vincent all want to be known ONLY for their given talents.

I know what I believe.
    Forum Member
    layumba wrote: »

I know what I believe.

Ditto!!

In this case, "Family Friend" = "Utter Bollocks!"

JJ
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Ditto!!

In this case, "Family Friend" = "Utter Bollocks!"

JJ

Well, I guess that is the succint way of putting it:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    PMSL!

Layla and JJ, thanks for putting the case for the defence!

"family friend" my derriere!
  • KDeeKDee Posts: 16,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same person claims that Flavia dumped 'Eastenders boy like a hot cake' and that V&F have never been apart. Sounds like a very bitter person rather than a family friend.
    When you are known like Matt, there must be loads of hangers-on who think they know everything about you.
    If Flavia wanted publicity she could have been in every paper in the country – they were ‘tabloid hot property’ – remember? The fact that they did not want publicity has led to a vacuum in which people like that poster can spout personal and unfounded theories.
    If Matt had been played for a fool as that poster suggests, would he have recommended the show and Flavia as a teacher to his FRIEND Phil Daniels?
    If they had split up - especially under those circumstances - would he have gone to the show with his Mum and watched them dance?

I think not.

People may use Matt & Flavia and their fans as the butt of jokes and claim that we are deluded, but they forget that many of us have met the people involved and even been taught by them, so we are not talking about fleeting exposure.
    They have invariably proved to be decent and grounded human beings with a refreshing humility. They are not headlines seekers. Matt & Flavia and Vincent all want to be known ONLY for their given talents.

I know what I believe.

Me too Layla and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said.

Morning everyone btw:D
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Agree with everything that has been said before. Layla what a refreshing take!

One or two of us found that post last night and before blowing it out of all proportion I found all the other posts by this "person" including one posted about 5 weeks ago where he/she/it was slagging off Matt. That doesn't sound like a family friend to me.

As Layla has already stated, some of us have met the people involved so I think its all a bout of hot air.

SV
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I checked through this person's previous posts to see if people were right and here is what they posted before.

"im sick of hearing about these two, yes very mature of them to run to the press last year and milk that false romance story for all it was worth... then Flavia dumping Eastenders boy like a hot cake when she didnt need the publicity. Ive seen their Tango and to be honest think its overrated and i honestly think people voted for Flavia due to the whole romance fiasco. I think they should be embaressed by their behaviour last year very unprofessional and have people actually beleiving they may have split in the first place, please they havent been apart for more than a day all year. Lets just hope one of the other hard working pros shines this year, one who dosent need to reun to the press to get noticed!"

I remember this post really annoying me at the time but I didn't correlate it with being the same person who claimed to have insider knowledge as they actually seemed nice on the posts where they did and sympathetic to all three people in this scenario being left to get on with their lives (and especially towards Matt). The post seems like it's from a different person entirely except it's not (or at least it's under the same user name) and I agree it's certainly not from a family friend. I never ceased to be shocked by the brazen way some people just lie.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I checked through this person's previous posts to see if people were right and here is what they posted before.

"im sick of hearing about these two, yes very mature of them to run to the press last year and milk that false romance story for all it was worth... then Flavia dumping Eastenders boy like a hot cake when she didnt need the publicity. Ive seen their Tango and to be honest think its overrated and i honestly think people voted for Flavia due to the whole romance fiasco. I think they should be embaressed by their behaviour last year very unprofessional and have people actually beleiving they may have split in the first place, please they havent been apart for more than a day all year. Lets just hope one of the other hard working pros shines this year, one who dosent need to reun to the press to get noticed!"

I remember this post really annoying me at the time but I didn't correlate it with being the same person who claimed to have insider knowledge as they actually seemed nice on the posts where they did and sympathetic to all three people in this scenario being left to get on with their lives (and especially towards Matt). The post seems like it's from a different person entirely except it's not (or at least it's under the same user name) and I agree it's certainly not from a family friend. I never ceased to be shocked by the brazen way some people just lie.

What a fool....how could they vote for something that hadn't even happened yet? :rolleyes:

Think we can put this one to bed...he/she obviously doesn't get out much, I simply do not understand why people lie on forums either Kat.

Happy Wednesday everybody :)
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »

I have a little log of all this person's posts (from all the threads this person visits)... and its interesting that the grammar is so bad - but not consistently bad... as if they were actually someone trying to give the impression of being less intelligent than they are.... :confused:

I agree Katmobile... that post didnt "sit well" with me at the time and I couldnt work out why.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Good Morning Mavaria!!

Looks like it could be a beautiful day down here!! Lets hope its catching and you ALL have a decent day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re the "Family Friend" - forget it!!! I'm the family friend of another ex-contestant (really) but that gave me no clue as to the extent or otherwise of her love life.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings

JJ

oooooh!! INTRIGUING!!!!

C'mon- spill the beans!!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not headlines seekers. Matt & Flavia and Vincent all want to be known ONLY for their given talents.

I know what I believe.

I believe that too, layumba :)

Just back from hols and catching up with latest pages of my top threads :cool: (VS, TCA and here! Coz will always be major fan of Vincent, Matt Cutler, and Flavia :))

What we all need is a NEW 'scandal' :rolleyes: for everyone to get silly about, then our poor Gang of Three can be left well alone - at last! Perhaps Jessie (shudder) could have some girl-on-girl with Tess or something (outrageous :eek::D!)
    Forum Member
    oooooh!! INTRIGUING!!!!

C'mon- spill the beans!!:D:D

Sorry!! In this case my lips are sealed. I will tell you that this person's brother is a very good mate of mine.

JJ;)
  • carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think not.

I know what I believe.

Hi all - gave me a nasty moment for a minute when I logged on. Yes I have read this persons messages although I think everyone should be able to express their opinions I never felt comfortable with this poster.

Well said Layla.
    Off to go shopping now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I haven't posted here before, but I thought you might all like to know that I was at a Charity event a couple of weeks ago, and Flavia was there with her new partner. He was extremely nice, and Flavia did seem very happy. I know it will be a disappointment to many, but it definitely was not Matt. However, I do wish Flavia all the best in her new relationship.

I also wish Vincent and Flavia all the best in their professional relationship. Hopefully they are now all moving on from the events of last year.
  • I-don't-fake-emI-don't-fake-em Posts: 3,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nowittall wrote: »
    I haven't posted here before, but I thought you might all like to know that I was at a Charity event a couple of weeks ago, and Flavia was there with her new partner. He was extremely nice, and Flavia did seem very happy. I know it will be a disappointment to many, but it definitely was not Matt. However, I do wish Flavia all the best in her new relationship.

I also wish Vincent and Flavia all the best in their professional relationship. Hopefully they are now all moving on from the events of last year.

Oh really? :rolleyes: So what is this 'new partner' like? And what was the charity event, anyway? And how did you know he was her partner. He could have been one of her brothers. :rolleyes:
  • I-don't-fake-emI-don't-fake-em Posts: 3,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Flav was great last night on ITT. It finally struck me while I was watching who she reminds me of (after 3 years of wondering) - Cyd Charisse. And especially with the new hair style. Does anyone else agree?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Flavia introduced him as her partner, and I seriously doubt she would walk round hand in hand with one of her brothers anyway. I was on the same table as them, so talked to them quite a bit. As I said, he seemed very confident and very likeable, and she seemed very happy.

You can believe it or not, totally irrelevant to me. I just thought some people might like the information. Surely you would want Flavia to be happy? I have known Flavia for quite a while, as well as many of the other dance pros, as I have been teaching for over 20 years, and used to compete.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby & I have always thought she looked more like Sophia Loren in her youth but I can see a bit of Cyd in her too.
    I came on here to see if the rumour was true about them splitting - looks like it's true then :confused:. I guess the age difference just did n't work :(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Seriously, just how daft do people think we are?

This is hilarious! Totally made my afternoon!
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    If it's true, then good luck to both her and Matt. They gave it a go, and if it didn't work out in the end, then at least they are still on speaking terms.
This discussion has been closed.