Oh dear..Now Tess's book flops

13»

Comments

• PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm indifferent to the whole saga and both of them, and certainly not interested in anything they do commercially. Well I love Family Fortunes but that doesn't count lol

I don't blame the celebrities for bringing out their own products, common sense to make as much money as you can if you are offered it. The blame lies on the public for buying such stuff int he first palce and the companies behind the products for offering the endorsements.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see anyone expressing pathological hatred on this thread - I think you are being way OTT. Tess Daly has as much right to write a book as everyone else on the planet, just as we have the right to express cynicism about it and to show disdain - as long as that's OK with you.

I think you need to do some reading on pathological hatred - I think you will be shocked at what you see - and it is not expressed in this thread.

Well, I've seen plenty of people expressing pathological hatred on this thread (and many others on the showbiz forum). The internet is full of it; I note that Richard Dawkins is censoring his own forum now because the tone had become so bad.

Yes, people have the right to make the comments they do, but it doesn't mean they aren't despicable.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've seen plenty of people expressing pathological hatred on this thread

Care to quote some of these supposed "despicable" stuff you've read here so everyone else can see them?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've seen plenty of people expressing pathological hatred on this thread (and many others on the showbiz forum). The internet is full of it; I note that Richard Dawkins is censoring his own forum now because the tone had become so bad.

Yes, people have the right to make the comments they do, but it doesn't mean they aren't despicable.

Examples please.
  • Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    That's one shop and one chart out of many.

You seem to post a lot about WH Smith's bookcharts. Are you on a percentage? ;):D

Crikey I posted once and then someone replied and I posted again in relation to their reply!!

I also mentioned the charts in the Mail on Sunday (ironic given the original story was from the Mail) which I believe are the bestseller lists which had the book in them. Strangely ignored along with the link to the Times that someone else posted that lists the book in the bestsellers charts
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Examples please.

I can't be bothered trawling the thread for quotes. You can read the posts the same as I can; agree or disagree as you please.

It's also possible I did overreact a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.:)

Well said. It's as if the rest of the female population has not ever had a child. Who want's to read a book about someone else having their babies. What else is in the book? Nothing other than that it seems and Tess on the This Morning show practically admitted that.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be bothered trawling the thread for quotes. You can read the posts the same as I can; agree or disagree as you please.

It's also possible I did overreact a bit.

:)Fair enough