Options

The Mentalist season 6 (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Watched it last night, great episode, although you don't see it, i thought the bar scene was quite vicious for The Mentalist.

Guess the writers were never a fan of anagrams

any genuine Mentalist fan would know that Heller and his writers like anagrams and word games :yawn:
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    any genuine Mentalist fan would know that Heller and his writers like anagrams and word games :yawn:

Can i have my hook back?
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Can i have my hook back?

sorry can't help you there as I hear you're awaiting the delivery of prosthetic limbs that are deemed suitable for a prison environment
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Any truth to the news that this is the final season of The Mentalist? Apparently US trailers promoting new episodes make it sound like this will be the last season. Gutted, if true.

Either The Good Wife or The Mentalist are getting canned.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentalist far more likely than The Good Wife surely? TGW is putting out some of it's strongest episodes ever with no signs of letting up on quality.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Mentalist far more likely than The Good Wife surely? TGW is putting out some of it's strongest episodes ever with no signs of letting up on quality.

Yes TGW is normally my first watch over The Mentalist.

Although this week I did watch The Mentalist first as I wanted to see the out come of the bombing. But to be honest I don't really care who Red John is and want them to go to case of the week stories.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I think he named Bertram as RJ to call out the real RJ. GB isn't RJ and PJ knows that RJ hates being called out on telly so he knows the real RJ will now come for him...

I'd prefer if that were the case. But, it did seem like Bertram was in charge and able to pull the kind of stunts RJ is infamous for doing.

One week, and all will be clear, I suppose. ;)
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »

No idea, I've never watched it.
  • Options
    IsisIsis Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Lot's of questions still to be answered, but one thing's for sure - Bertram is not Red John. No chance whatsoever.

Firstly, there's not a chance Jane would announce the identity of RJ to the world when the sole reason he's working with the CBI is so he can find him himself and kill him. Clearly he wants the law to be going after the wrong guy so he can go it alone. He knows Bertram is not RJ.

Secondly, no way would the show reveal RJ's identity in the episode before the one entitled "Red John". That is the episode of the big reveal.

And if Bertram really was RJ, why does the promo for next week's episode not show him as such, rather than keep his identity hidden?

My thoughts are...
    Sheriff McAllister is Red John.

He brought the bomb in to Jane's house, and hid it under his hat, which is left on the couch next to Stiles and Haffner. After Jane orders the tattooed 3 over to the other side of the room, McAllister makes a run for it, Jane shoots at him but misses. McAllister detonates the bomb remotely, which kills the two people next to it - McAllister's DNA is faked by Tyger Tyger.

There is no other logical explanation as to how McAllister was "burnt to a crisp" when the 3 other people he was standing next to escaped with barely a scratch.

Jane knows McAllister is RJ (as he saw him escape yet the DNA says he died) and McAllister knows Jane knows. He follows Jane to the church and we have the confrontation that we've been waiting so long for. We will probably get a back story of RJ by way of a flashback (we know an actor plays the young RJ in this episode).

In the promo, we see a pigeon on the statue of Mary, maybe this spooks RJ (McAllister has a phobia of birds) and enables Jane to shoot him, injuring him but not killing him. He runs off, crashes through the glass door of a house and in to the park. Lisbon and her team pull their guns on the FBI agent so he can't stop Jane.

Jane catches him and either waits til he dies or finishes him off. Jane goes on the run to S America, the CBI is disbanded, and the Red John story is over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, and that bartender...

Just how dumb must you be to say to a guy whose photo appears on the news with the words SERIAL KILLER underneath, "hey, that guy looks like you...."

:p
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching more of season one I now think RJ is Karl... or he's RJs boss... hehem
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isis wrote: »
    Oh, and that bartender...

Just how dumb must you be to say to a guy whose photo appears on the news with the words SERIAL KILLER underneath, "hey, that guy looks like you...."

:p

LOL That's what I was thinking. What a way to go. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sneak peek...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKUxW8rEOY

(spot the pigeon at 0.57 :p)
  • Options
    SpoilerificSpoilerific Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    There's been some serious leakage in the States....

Red John reveal spoiler below.....
    Red John is indeed Sheriff McAllister.

Pictures;
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabB
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabE
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabn
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabx
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oab5
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oab9

How incredibly disappointing.

It's not just the reveal, but it seems like from the sounds of it Bruno Heller came up with the list of 7, then just did 'eenie meenie miney mo'. Apparently it's written badly, and doesn't make sense at all. That's what's most disappointing.

I'm out after Sunday's episode. If it's as lazy as it's being said, they don't deserve my time any more with any future episodes. LAME.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's written badly, and doesn't make sense at all.

Bizarrely that's not what I'd heard. Just have to wait and see.

Although I'm pretty sure that this is the real deal, they apparently did film alt.endings just in case anything slipped... everybody's at it, nowadays!
  • Options
    ambariambari Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    So after waiting 6 years we find out that the all powerful Red John is a small town country hick with a beer belly.

Damn I am so dissappointed. I hope they have a good explanation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ambari wrote: »
    So after waiting 6 years we find out that the all powerful Red John is a small town country hick with a beer belly.

They'll have to or they're shooting themselves in both feet.
    It seems the most vocal group against the ep are the Partridge theory fans, though. There's a lot of bull being spread on the internet about the ep and the signal to noise ratio has been shot to pieces...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They'll have to or they're shooting themselves in both feet.
    It seems the most vocal group against the ep are the Partridge theory fans, though. There's a lot of bull being spread on the internet about the ep and the signal to noise ratio has been shot to pieces...
    I'm disappointed my theory was wrong, but after last weeks I accepted it was stretching it. I actually have no gripe with my theory being wrong, as long as, in my opinion, the actual reveal is good. And to me this reveal is utterly terrible.

The leak itself was due to a CBS press site being online, and people figured out how to crack it and download the episode. So while it didn't leak in the traditional sense, people got hold of it and watched it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to me this reveal is utterly terrible.

Unless you've actually watched it and know how the reveal actually occurs, those photos are out of context.

Also, yeah, the prog was on a secure website for journos to watch a rough-cut for advanced previews. From what I gather, it wasn't actually downloaded (yet, as far as I can tell) but someone worked out how to bypass the front-end on the site and released the source link. That's the Ooyala link that's going around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unless you've actually watched it and know how the reveal actually occurs, those photos are out of context.

Also, yeah, the prog was on a secure website for journos to watch a rough-cut for advanced previews. From what I gather, it wasn't actually downloaded (yet, as far as I can tell) but someone worked out how to bypass the front-end on the site and released the source link. That's the Ooyala link that's going around.

Out of context? He's got his hand around his throat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of context? He's got his hand around his throat.

I'm being pedantic but that's not the RJ reveal.
    And we've known for weeks that RJ ends up strangled thanks to the TV Guide article.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm being pedantic but that's not the RJ reveal.
    And we've known for weeks that RJ ends up strangled thanks to the TV Guide article.
    Right, but McAllister IS Red John. Irrelevant of the context or the reveal, the point was, he is Red John.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, but McAllister IS Red John. Irrelevant of the context or the reveal, the point was, he is Red John.

And? We've known of that possibility for a while, also. Are you allowing you're Partridge theories to cloud judgement here? Like I said, until we've seen the actual episode it's difficult to judge. There's a LOT of crap being floated on the internet about this episode right now.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    most importantly why have these tiger tiger guys all got tattoos?

school boy error.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ambari wrote: »

But he isn't just a small town country hick - that's obviously just his cover. It makes more sense to have him in an unassuming position than, say, the head of CBI. It's a perfect situation for him as he is far enough away to control things from afar, yet his job allows him constant contact with the law enforcement Tyger Tyger group.