The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping the rumours of Turkey returning are true. Not one of the longer missing entries, but still nice to have them back.

Edit:Oops just re-read it, 2016 and not 2015.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth have they brought Conchita in to do green room duties? Even with three hosts one of them always ends up feeling surplus to requirements, and that's with one of them in the green room. Four hosts seems like total overkill to me.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. We only needed one host and Conchita in the green room (Eric Saade for Austria). A lot of the time it doesn't seem like countries actually put enough effort into thinking who will be an appropriate host so they just chuck three people together and hope one of them is good. It really didn't work for Denmark.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, I think a team of female hosts is better than a male dominated one at eurovision, or it seems that way to me at least:)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Ladies night in Vienna then. :)

Hmm. Looks like at least two men to me :p
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Conchita's performing on the NYE Graham Norton Show.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L'enfer et Moi on the BBC 'Spiral' advert! :eek:
  • xelxxelx Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Agreed. We only needed one host and Conchita in the green room (Eric Saade for Austria). A lot of the time it doesn't seem like countries actually put enough effort into thinking who will be an appropriate host so they just chuck three people together and hope one of them is good. It really didn't work for Denmark.

I loved Nikolaj and Pilou's "bromance". And found that having two males as the main hosts was truly refreshing. More than the all ladies thing this year.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Udo Jurgens, the Austrian winner from 1966, has died aged 80.
  • xelxxelx Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Pretty sad he won't be able to see the contest back in Vienna.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Udo Jurgens, the Austrian winner from 1966, has died aged 80.

That's sad hope they play some kind of tribute to him in Vienna
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Udo Jurgens, such a shame, very sad to hear this.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Oh man, that's a shame! Was hoping he might play a role in Vienna (however small)
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is sad news, likewise I thought he'd be involved in next years Eurovision. There was a TV tribute a couple of months back to celebrate his 80th birthday. Helene Fischer singing Merci Cherie is quite special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOEAANdAN8g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the votes so far, will go through them all one Christmas eve/day when I've finished my mammoth row of shifts
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost for sure Udo would have been on stage in Vienna.

Hopefully they will do some kind of tribute to him. I dont think its common, but hes the only winner from AUT, dying less than 6 months before final :(
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't there meant to be some big news today? (I thought they said Friday and Monday?)
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    wasn't there meant to be some big news today? (I thought they said Friday and Monday?)

Ola Sand said before and after the weekend but not necessarily Monday. I do hope if we do get some more news it's regarding a returning or début country.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the exciting news that Tescos Mary of X Factor fame has entered a song for Eurovision?
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ESCToday just posted 'Tick Tock' with the caption 'Tick tock.. tick tock.. the clock is ticking...stay tuned...Good night Europe!'

Could it be that Ukraine may be with us after all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESCToday just posted 'Tick Tock' with the caption 'Tick tock.. tick tock.. the clock is ticking...stay tuned...Good night Europe!'

Wouldn't be surprised at all. I found their excuse for not entering a bit bizarre considering they still entered JESC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just a cry for help really rather than a full withdrawal
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. They are lame.

39 countries it is.

I also thought/hoped they would be there tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame. Oh well..
This discussion has been closed.