Options

Lady Gaga crowned Queen of Pop.

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should've been past five years or so I agree (you can't apply ten; illegal downloading had majorly impacted sales about 8-10 years ago so creates an unequal imbalence) and I feel Gaga will have been high but not the top. I like her and she is the present it girl but if you used five years it would've been someone else and Gaga likely will have been blah blah.

You could never make a perfect statistic because everyones debuts are in different years with different consumer climates and different single/chart acknowledgements. To try and find the answer is impossible really. Longetivity is a true definition and even Madonna has got nothing on Cher in that regard but Madonna has also not had such a long 'low' as Cher per say.

Too hard to decide; I dislike the real royals; I'd hate the pop royals if they were real too so no thanks XD Can they all just have funny self-imposed titles to define their careers?
    Such as Beyoncé being "Her Royal Bootyshaker" or whatever =P
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    wrong info
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Nah. I think it's not the right time for it. Lame
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    im glad she got it, not only is she the love of my life but she saved me from suicide as she made me realise there is more to life.
    She made me really interested in music after Just Dance came out and since then i have spent an absolute fortune on music. Most of my friends werent really that interested in music until she came around i think she more than deserves it.
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait wait wait

so they based it on the last 2 years or so?!!!

Some artists were away making an album?!!!

Sorry but that crown should be based on the long run, not 2/3 years LMAO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think this was a FAIL, and look at the super fans all going crazy everywhere!

I mean Little Monsters are on rampage again! Slaves are on competetive mode again.

And even a couple in that poll i wouldnt call "Pop" heeeeyzeus!!! :-/
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm completely on the side of those who said if we need a 'queen of pop' that it should be someone who has longevity.

I fully predict that Lady Gaga's career will be nowhere near as long as Madonna's, I agree with whoever said that 2009 was her peak. Come back to me in 2034 and see if Gaga has a new album coming out or a new single or whatever.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Gaga but you can't call her Queen of Pop after just 2/3 years. That's not a long enough period. I think the crown firmly sits with Madonna. I am not a Madonna super fan but she has done a hell of a lot more in the 30 years that she has been around. I agree with a previous post that it should be over a period of 5 years or more because Gaga has only released 2 albums (I don't count Fame Monster as it's an add on). It just seems a bit stupid to be crowning someone who is still in the early stages of her career
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need someone to be Queen of Pop?

Good question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We do not need a new Queen of Pop, just like we do not need a new king of pop or as new king of rock and roll. Madonna will always be queen because of her amazing achievements and unique style and contribution to music. She will always be the Queen of Pop and no one will take that crown from her. Lady Gaga, beyonce and the others are just wannabes. Until someone surpasses her achievements and does it better. Madonna will always remain the Queen of Pop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    the article clearly mentions that its measuring the "queen" over the last 3 years. Which part of that are people having such a hard time understanding? Geez, it's just a magazine's opinion of the current pop landscape, not a lifetime acheivement award.

It kills me how much people wrap their own self-esteem around pop stars.
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont care what the poll says its a known fact that if madonna is not the queen of pop then that title will get handed to britney spears for reasons i dont need to explain as we all know why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    sbmonster wrote: »
    the article clearly mentions that its measuring the "queen" over the last 3 years. Which part of that are people having such a hard time understanding? Geez, it's just a magazine's opinion of the current pop landscape, not a lifetime acheivement award.

I thought it was obvious. Apparently not.
    i dont care what the poll says its a known fact that if madonna is not the queen of pop then that title will get handed to britney spears for reasons i dont need to explain as we all know why.

I think you're confusing fact with opinion there, bud.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbmonster wrote: »

This the main reason why, especially after reading the full article online, it's a complete pile of bollocks!? To me, Madonna is and remains the (Ultimate) Queen of Pop. She prompted the mags, ctirics and others to give her this title and until Gaga or anyone other Female pop act can re-invent the rules in such that they are given a title that fits and captures the degree of impact they have on the masses, then M to me is reigning. In Gaga's case, as much as it pains me to admit it I can only agree that she's the QoP of the moment in terms of popularity and - M's fellow fans forgive me to say that - creativity but then it is something which is more by default rather than merit, considering that the real competition is off doing bettter things in the movie industry until she gets her next album out. And also, Gaga has been copying M - sorry I meant to say giving unlimited demonstration of her unconditional love and admiration for her - from her head to her toes to her tours and so on...So that doesn't really justify the title...
    I just see this article as such a waste of time and propaganda in disguise. I don't mind if they have decided to focused on 2 years - which is pretty stupid in the first place - I just don't buy the way they did and all this pseudo-journalistic thinking behind the survey cause at the end of the day, they just wanted to say LG is the QoP but didn't have the guts to write loud and clear with the support of real facts, clever perspective on the subject and objective opinion. Instead they came up with that joke which fails to demonstrate what they ought to do in the first place cause had they followed their own logic Taylor Swift should have been crowned and not Gaga!?
    So in response to your post, sbmonster, it is not just a magazine's opinion. It's a lamely biased opinion from a magazine which was once able to think independently. Not that matters anymore as its silly poll/article just proved:mad: