Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not her HANDS I'm worried about.....:eek:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Well if she manages that it'll be an improvement on anything she ever did on the show. :rolleyes:

Har har, you're hilarious with your two-month-out-of-date jokes. :yawn: :rolleyes:
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    It's not her HANDS I'm worried about.....:eek:

:eek::o:(

I strongly suggest use of the attached for both you and I after the thoughts that have now popped into my head after your post!!

http://kissed-by-fire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bleach_for_the_brain.jpeg
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear! That's the second toasted teacake gone for a burton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I'm really sad to read this:( I always enjoy watching Ian and Natalie do a ballroom dance:(

Imagine, Natalie with Ian AND Michael - lucky girl:p :D
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    blacklace wrote: »
    Really disappointed to read this tweet from Ian
    'After six fab years with @SCD_Live_Tour sadly this year I won't be involved but want to wish @RealNatalieLowe & whole crew, lots of luck! X '
    He is such a joy to watch!:(

It never fails!! First Ramps and now Ian :mad:
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that. I couldn't see the link properly either.

so we have

Karen and Phil Tufnell (like!)
    Natalie and Michael
    Ola and Louis (like the sound of that one)
    Pasha and Dani (not keen altho I love Pasha - she suits V)
    Robin and Lisa
    James and Denise

I like this!

Did you mean to miss out Artem and Fern?

I wonder how Phil will be 3(?) years after his series?
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any news on twitter or elsewhere yet about what dances the couples will be doing?
  • abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blacklace wrote: »
    Really disappointed to read this tweet from Ian
    'After six fab years with @SCD_Live_Tour sadly this year I won't be involved but want to wish @RealNatalieLowe & whole crew, lots of luck! X '
    He is such a joy to watch!:(

Ian has been called in today to rehearse with the others. He tweeted earlier:

'Spending a lovely unexpected day rehearsing with @SCD Live Tour today. Nice to see everyone! To see the Nice!'

I think it is because Artem has not returned from the US yet - although that is only guess work going by twitter.

So there's still a chance Ian may play a part in the tour.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Has there been any news on twitter or elsewhere yet about what dances the couples will be doing?

I havent picked up any, it all seems a bit suspiciously quiet;)

Lisa was on Loose Women today and said, that they have had someone from dwts over from the US to choreograph 2 group dances with the pros and celebs. Dani, along with Denise and Lisa thought that it would just involve a bit of hand waving- but the routine is "full on"

Sounds like it will be following the usual format, all celebs dancing a latin and a ballroom. she is hoping to win the Manchester show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lisa was on Loose Women today and said, that they have had someone from dwts over from the US to choreograph 2 group dances with the pros and celebs. Dani, along with Denise and Lisa thought that it would just involve a bit of hand waving- but the routine is "full on"

Sounds like it will be following the usual format, all celebs dancing a latin and a ballroom. she is hoping to win the Manchester show.

Harry did two Ballroom dances (depending on if they count the AT as Ballroom, which they seem to do in the show) last year, so I'm hoping Michael will get two Ballrooms. Although his knee doesn't seem to be coping too well based on some of his tweets. :(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see Michael and Natalies AS and their jive - it was soooooooooooooooo bad it was good!
    Forum Member
    ha ha Olive, I'm with Izzie, I'd rather see 2 ballrooms from Michael, although I have a feeling it's going to be the jive as one of the dances, as it is very popular

I might have to watch it through closed fingers, like I did the original perfomance:D
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone from DWTS - he's much more than that. Jason Gilkinson is possibly the best latin/ballroom choreographer in the world. - Oh, and he's Australian.

Originally Jason with partner were lead dancers in the original Burn the Floor and subsequently he's become a producer and choreographer of the UK and USA versions of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STMkqV4zJQ
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iveta has tweeted a picture of the training room. Maybe she's the missing pro to couple up the 4th male pro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Iveta has tweeted a picture of the training room. Maybe she's the missing pro to couple up the 4th male pro.

I assumed Iveta would be partnering Robin in the pro dances seeing as Kristina isnt taking part
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha Olive, I'm with Izzie, I'd rather see 2 ballrooms from Michael, although I have a feeling it's going to be the jive as one of the dances, as it is very popular

I might have to watch it through closed fingers, like I did the original perfomance:D

The jive was just pure comedy - even if I too watched through closed fingers - it depends if they want to take Micheal down the "comedy" route or not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael, Lisa and Dani are currently on Radio 1 talking about the tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    gritty wrote: »
    Someone from DWTS - he's much more than that. Jason Gilkinson is possibly the best latin/ballroom choreographer in the world. - Oh, and he's Australian.

Originally Jason with partner were lead dancers in the original Burn the Floor and subsequently he's become a producer and choreographer of the UK and USA versions of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STMkqV4zJQ

I wouldn't call Jason the best choreographer for ballroom/latin in the world, but he does do some choreo for DWTS-US and he also does regular choreo for SYTYCD. The US PROs on DWTS are responsible for most of the choreography on the show including the group dances. Many of the US PROS for DWTS work as choreographers as does Pasha when he's in the US.
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idetached wrote: »
    I wouldn't call Jason the best choreographer for ballroom/latin in the world, but he does do some choreo for DWTS-US and he also does regular choreo for SYTYCD. The US PROs on DWTS are responsible for most of the choreography on the show including the group dances. Many of the US PROS for DWTS work as choreographers as does Pasha when he's in the US.

Trying to think of other ballroom/latin choreographers who have managed to break through into main-stream theatre rather than choreograph as part of their training of competitive dancers. I'd love some names so I can have a look at their work. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there still no news on any of the dances? I've been keeping an eye out on twitter, but don't follow everybody.
  • mollsshewrotemollsshewrote Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Denise and James are doing the Charleston and Jive. She'll probably win quite a few shows performing those two routines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise and James are doing the Charleston and Jive. She'll probably win quite a few shows performing those two routines.

Thank you. I would have liked to see her Tango with the Charleston, but I'm still looking forward to her dances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    Did you mean to miss out Artem and Fern?

I wonder how Phil will be 3(?) years after his series?

No I didn't. Thank you for pointing out my error.

Dreadful, I should think.

I like Phil for reasons way away from Strictly!
    Forum Member
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    No I didn't. Thank you for pointing out my error.

Dreadful, I should think.

I like Phil for reasons way away from Strictly!

IIRC Lisa said in a recent interview, cant remember which, that Tuffers couldnt even walk his 4 steps in the group dance in time to the music, and that all the male pros were shouting at him counting the beats in an effort to get him to do it right:D