Options

What would happen if the IRA take up arms and attack the rest of Britain?

13»

Comments

• Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Rare Groove, ask santa for some toy soldiers this christmas.
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Well then why direct it at me then? .. I hardly had something to do with it, I was just out of nappies. No sane Irish person north/south ever supported bombing the British mainland and killing innocent men, women and children.

The poster apologised. Get over it
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we should support the Syrian rebels because tiocfaidh ar la. Or something.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we are supporting these nutters in Syria. Yet our Army with orders from the government gunned down hundreds of innocent Irish people who rightfully wanted independence. Yes lets be honest here, Britain has and had no business controlling Ireland.

In Syria it's worse. The Free Syria Army aka Al Qaeda in 'sheep clothing' are fighting for 'democrazy' remember? They want to be free - just like the IRA wanted independence. I guess Cameron wont be opposed to UK regime change by force:rolleyes:
    Do you really think it's that simple? There is no single Syrian opposition. There are those who only want rid of the Assad regime, there are those that want Islamist theocracy, and there are countless other factions between those two extremes.

Britain is supporting some of those factions, because to not declare your hand in some way risks the nutcases getting the upper hand entirely and ripping the region apart. Turkey is a NATO member and sits right on top of Syria. Unfortunately it is in our interests for our government to interfere now rather than having to later.

As for Bloody Sunday, which I think is the thing you're referring to rather than Ireland's initial struggle for independence, it was shameful. One of the worst atrocities on UK soil for centuries. How should that change our reaction to the situation in Syria?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't likely to happen
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murraymar wrote: »
    The poster apologised. Get over it
    I did get over it but you can be damn sure I will not apologies for something I/my family had nothing to do with.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't likely to happen

That's the understatement of the year. The IRA - all six of them - taking up arms against Britain. Lol, its like that film where Ruritania invades the USA.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine they got arms from a Russia and launched attacks on London killing many. If you were Cameron, what would you do?

Well the culprits would be caught , given about 12 week sentences , serve just 6 of them and then they would successfully claim wrong imprisonment and be given £thousands in compensation
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And 3/4s of them would have been MI5 or Special Branch anyway...
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    I did get over it but you can be damn sure I will not apologies for something I/my family had nothing to do with.

Yeah it does stink when posters blame entire nationalities for the actions of a few.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it does stink when posters blame entire nationalities for the actions of a few.
    Exactly, I have never supported the murder of innocent people since I was alive or do I ever in future.