Options

Nigel Farage's poll ratings at record low

wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the party's over ... link

Pollsters Ipsos MORI found that net satisfaction with Mr Farage’s performance as leader has plummeted 14 points since November to minus 20.

At the same time, Ukip’s share of the national vote has slipped for the second month in a row, down from 16 per cent in October to 13 now.

Comments

• Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the gilt has won off the gingerbread.
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Not too surprising as he offers even less than Cameron and Miliband imo.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    The Kippers just need to be abusive to UKIP and Farage... that gives them more votes apparently.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    His net approval rating is still better than Cameron's - and miles ahead of Cleggs and Miliband's. Not that you would know this from that article!:D

And 92% of UKIP supporters are happy with his performance - amongst Labour supporters only 7% more think Milliband is doing a good job than think he isn't.

In the end you vote for a party not against it under FPTP - if you went on net approval ratings Mrs Thatcher would have been a one term PM. Its who votes for you that counts - and what they think - not your opponents view of you.

Looking at polls this time of year is a mug's game - as most commentators will indicate. People are more interested in polling on the Strictly and X factor winner. Come back in February - thats when people will start focusing on the election.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    wendy09 wrote: »
    Nigel Farage's poll ratings at record low

Pollsters Ipsos MORI found that net satisfaction with Mr Farage’s performance as leader has plummeted 14 points since November to minus 20.

At the same time, Ukip’s share of the national vote has slipped for the second month in a row, down from 16 per cent in October to 13 now.

No it isn't. UKIP's scoring 14% nationwide in the latest political opinion poll and that almost certainly means more directly elected UKIP MPs on May 7 next year.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't. UKIP's scoring 14% nationwide in the latest political opinion poll and that almost certainly means more directly elected UKIP MPs on May 7 next year.

Didn't know that current polling affected the result in 6 months time.

And given the way Ukip manage to shoot themselves in the foot with astounding regularity I would suspect polling is going to drop further even among the Zombie Hordes
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i desperately hope the partys not yet over. I really want to enjoy a UKIP car-crash election campaign, because when they put up 640+ candidates for GE i reckon at least 500 of them will embarrass themselves with some terrible gaffe or terrible past history. Basically multiply recent weeks events by about 100
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

14% nationwide could mean a credible third or fourth place finish in every seat and no MPs, or it could get them double digit MPs. With FPTP, nationwide percentage means nothing.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    alfamale wrote: »
    i desperately hope the partys not yet over. I really want to enjoy a UKIP car-crash election campaign, because when they put up 640+ candidates for GE i reckon at least 500 of them will embarrass themselves with some terrible gaffe or terrible past history. Basically multiply recent weeks events by about 100

Did you see Suzanne Evans the deputy something or other of UKIP on the Daily Politics earlier this week? She admitted that she was very busy "weeding out the lunatics" in the selection process for parliamentary candidates.
    As you say it will be one of the highlights of the GE campaign watching Kippers flounder (wee fishy pun) when forced to talk on anything other than immigration or the EU.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    if you went on net approval ratings Mrs Thatcher would have been a one term PM.
    :confused:
    May 1983 IPSOS MORI POLL
    Thatcher approval rating 51%
    Foot approval rating 22%
    June 1983 Thatcher wins her second term as PM.
    https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/2437/Political-Monitor-Satisfaction-Ratings-19771987.aspx?view=wide#1983
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

to get double digit mps needs more than 20% in the polling.

they might get a handful if they are very lucky on current ratings.

the novelty factor is wearing thin and brand really hit home in the recent qt . against farage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    His net approval rating is still better than Cameron's - and miles ahead of Cleggs and Miliband's. Not that you would know this from that article!
    Funnily enough, if you can read the pretty picture or read the text it says exactly that.
    Problem is, if you take the don't knows into consideration, there's only 1% between Farage and Cameron.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farages-approval-rating-hits-record-low-as-popularity-suffers-in-wake-of-ukip-sex-scandal-9932931.html
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member

the novelty factor is wearing thin and brand really hit home in the recent qt . against farage.

Thats right. Squeaky really hit home on QT. Thanks to his great debating skills ('You know what I mean, mate?') UKIP as a force is finished.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14% nationwide could mean a credible third or fourth place finish in every seat and no MPs, or it could get them double digit MPs. With FPTP, nationwide percentage means nothing.

SNP should beat UKip
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Last poll I saw from Thanet South had Farage five points behind. Considering he was four points ahead in July this is not going the right way for him.
    Oh well he can always get a gig on Gogglebox if this politics malarkey does not work out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.
    14% will give them no seats at all.
    Of course it doesn't work across the country like that, but it's not good for more than 6-7 seats as anything that's not massively pro-UKIP and very marginal will go to the other parties.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    :confused:
    May 1983 IPSOS MORI POLL
    Thatcher approval rating 51%
    Foot approval rating 22%
    June 1983 Thatcher wins her second term as PM.
    https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/2437/Political-Monitor-Satisfaction-Ratings-19771987.aspx?view=wide#1983

Let's see the same ratings in 1980, 1981 and pre Falklands 1982 - and then the rest of the decade bar mid 1987. She was disliked big time by many voters but she was loved by a big enough minority to win landslides under FTPT due to the Alliance and Labour splitting the vote.

It's what your supporters think that counts - 60 percent of voters may hate you but 40 per cent is enough to win.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think he's expecting to become PM next May to be honest. But I doubt that'll stop you stalking him.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKIP below Farage are a basket case. To trust them with running the country would be a disaster.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this surprising? The rules of politics apply equally to Farage and Ukip as they do to everyone else. The novelty starts to wear off once people realise they're no different from the others.

I know Kippers like to believe there's a media conspiracy against them but Ukip are actually still getting a pretty easy ride at the moment. Just wait for the scrutiny of the election campaign, that's when the real squeeze will begin.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want UKIP immigration policy without UKIP, and I suspect a good many others do also.

For them to be an effective pressure group, they need to be threatening the other parties. If they wane to the stage they are an irrelevance then it will be business as usual at the borders and in Brussels.
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKIP's scoring 14% nationwide in the latest political opinion poll and that almost certainly means more directly elected UKIP MPs on May 7 next year.

At the 7 May 2015 general election, willing to guess that UKIP will get about 1% of the House of Commons seats.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people realise more and more they are not a one issue party and the implications of supporting them on the other stuff they stand for.
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I think people realise more and more they are not a one issue party and the implications of supporting them on the other stuff they stand for.

What 'other stuff' did you have in mind ?
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick1966 wrote: »
    What 'other stuff' did you have in mind ?

Stuff that was in their previous manifesto but has disappeared from their current "what we stand for" page - to do with employment mostly (for me anyway)