" You were the noblest Romana of them all"

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I think it might be one revelation too many for the final episode.

too many...:D
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    I really hope you are joking. No offense sweetheart, but WTF?!

ROse
    MArtha
    donNA

This really is stretching things a bit. I'm sure if you asked RTD about the choice of companion names he would say they are pretty random.

Why can't Donna just be Donna? Why does everyone need to connect her to a previous DW character?

I really mean no offense by this, but think about it guys given the way new who resolves stories, it is never what fans think it will be so thinking it is Romana is the biggest stretch of the imagination.

i agree with you

what about the fact donna wasn't originally meant to be in more than the christmas special? that kind of blows their theory out of the water - she was never meant to be a companion
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombaland wrote: »
    oh, you again. And still persisting with the 'oh so witty' name changes...i see you've added Daft to your repotoire. Thats two you've come up with now all by yourself. (i obviously lack the killer sense of humour you have been blessed with...do you own a pair of family guy socks in lieu of a personality?)

If my point about constant references to old characters and plot points in doctor who appearing in the new series went over your head then i can only apologise. i thought it was one of my more reasoned posts and at least 2 or 3 other forum members wholeheartedly seemed to agree (are they thick as well?).

your post on the other hand is a mess of cheap jibes, exclamation marks to disguise the fact you have very little to say and poor logic. you say at one point you think Donna is Romana yet give no explanation as to why. then 4 sentences later you say you think you're probably wrong.

and you say you think it would make sense for Donna to be Romana but yet again, nothing to back this remark up is forthcoming. please do elaborate...

It's a shame you quoted his post, tombland I had him on my 'ignore' list! :)
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    hami24 wrote: »
    we been saying this for a few days now but we have to many of hem shouting us down but all points to the fact donna is romana,

hami24 apologies if you feel shouted down. For me its that I just don't get your maths. How does everything point to Donna being Romana? The evidence you have presented means nothing at all. Even your use of letters from companions name's is no proof. If you use that as evidence, then Rose or Martha could as easily be Romana.
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that if Donna is Romana, then Romana would have been mentioned by now. The character is not memorable enough to the average casual viewer.

They will have heard of The Master, Daleks, Cybermen and possibly Sontarans or Autons.

Although important in the history of the programme, Romana is not iconic enough to bring back as a finale surprise.

Anyway - if Donna was Romana she would be remembering little bits by now with all the talk of Time Lords, regeneration, TARDIS just as Prof. Yana did before opening his watch.

If his memory was jogged by a short meeting with the Doctor why wouldn't Romana's be by travelling with him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    look at other evedience that has been placed on the site ,,, little things , necklace as seen on romana character and donna! costumes to similar to not notice, captions on photos ,eg she is not drifting she is waiting reference maybe to romana last known to be in espace ,,and she is waiting in the necklace she wears , she is special , secret heart ,,as said in christmas special...well she does !shes got another she dosent knw about , the funny heart beat in the shadow proclimation sounds very mych like two heart beats ,im not saying romana will be a major character but think rtd will use her to resolve this finale and then allow her to lose her memory again as this will then leave it open for moffit to use at a later date.he is giving him a clean slate really tieing up all his lose ends , there has been references to romana for a while now ,adams,the use of richard dawkins last week,,but of course we are all allowed or opion this is what this forum is for , but as a who fan its great to see all this chatter on the internet,great to have a program where we all are so excited better than corrie and bloody eastenders,
    i say hi to all my fellow who fans guys, and wish you all well .....

long live the who !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »
    I think that if Donna is Romana, then Romana would have been mentioned by now. The character is not memorable enough to the average casual viewer.

They will have heard of The Master, Daleks, Cybermen and possibly Sontarans or Autons.
    The first three I'll give you - but really - Sontarans and Autons? Nah... Romana is the same level of "You'll know them only if you're at least a casual fan of the show", IMO.
  • JC1379JC1379 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    hami24 apologies if you feel shouted down. For me its that I just don't get your maths. How does everything point to Donna being Romana? The evidence you have presented means nothing at all. Even your use of letters from companions name's is no proof. If you use that as evidence, then Rose or Martha could as easily be Romana.

Going by his theory, Rose Tyler and Martha Jones could also be someone called any of the following

Rose Tyler Martha Jones - Ross
    Rose Tyler Martha Jones - Ethan
    Rose Tyler Martha Jones - Ryan

**Note - an anagram of 'Donna Timelord' is 'Ornament Dildo' could this mean she is secretly the first Lesbian on the Gallifreyan High Council?
    Forum Member
    jc you will be eating humble pie if we are right ,,,,how come evryone else is feeling the love in the room , you do come across as quite insulting sometimes !
    Forum Member
    and why you have to keep picking out the anagram thing i have no idea !! there are so many other arguments going on for the fact romana on the way back but you keep saying thats my only theory when i have posted on here many others !!!!
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    The first three I'll give you - but really - Sontarans and Autons? Nah... Romana is the same level of "You'll know them only if you're at least a casual fan of the show", IMO.
    Sontarans and Autons were only a possible on my list... Sontarans didn't appear in many stories (4 in the classic series?), but they were on Jim'll Fix It!

The shop dummies (Autons) coming to life in Spearhead From Space would be remembered by a lot of people...
    Forum Member
    jc you will be eating humble pie if we are right ,,,,how come evryone else is feeling the love in the room , you do come across as quite insulting sometimes !

No i dont think i will be actually, being as iv alredi said i think she is something more then a human anyway...?
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was the You were the noblest Romana comment actually said by the 4th Doctor on screen ?

If it was surely that is far to much of a coincidence? and for all the claims that Donna had at first only been intended to make one appearance in TRB -she was always going to return ..?
    I would have thought it must be Donnas secret if the Doctor said that ..

Then again could just be a shameless misdirecting teaser:D-we'll find out soon anyway.:)
    Forum Member
    jessical link you required
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iRwrppr6IQ4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Cullufrax Minor was a stolen planet - Callufrax was a part of the Key to Time - which Romana was the companion for...

*runs away*
    Forum Member
    Oh god i sincerely hope she is Romana now! There is gna be so many broken hearts if she isnt lol
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessical link you required
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iRwrppr6IQ4

Thanks -i've not seen that one before -was very young when I watched the 4th Doctor-must rewatch those episodes one of these days :).
  • OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the reason RTD said Romana was the President etc was to remove the possibility of her surviving the Time War. If he's changed his mind and she has survived then there are a few possibilities.

First she isn't alone, and there are other hiding.
    Second, she did a runner the same as the Master.
    Third, I'd assumed that the whole sealing off of the Time War (Time Lock ? ) that ended it was down to the Doctor, cutting him of from the rest of his people, and perhaps sentencing them to death. Perhaps instead it was Romana that did it.

Of those three choices two are less than heroic.

I'm not denying that there is something special about Donna, all the evidence points to it, I just don't think she'll be Romana, although she might be the Rani.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Personally, I don't believe for a second that Donna is Romana, I just think it would be a nice turn up for the books if she was.

I don't think that will be the big reveal of the finale.

What is amazing, is how many people are looking forward to saturday now! Everyone is talking about it at work!
    Forum Member
    look at other evedience that has been placed on the site ,,, little things , necklace as seen on romana character and donna! costumes to similar to not notice, captions on photos ,eg she is not drifting she is waiting reference maybe to romana last known to be in espace ,,and she is waiting in the necklace she wears , she is special , secret heart ,,as said in christmas special...well she does !shes got another she dosent knw about , the funny heart beat in the shadow proclimation sounds very mych like two heart beats ,im not saying romana will be a major character but think rtd will use her to resolve this finale and then allow her to lose her memory again as this will then leave it open for moffit to use at a later date.he is giving him a clean slate really tieing up all his lose ends , there has been references to romana for a while now ,adams,the use of richard dawkins last week,,but of course we are all allowed or opion this is what this forum is for , but as a who fan its great to see all this chatter on the internet,great to have a program where we all are so excited better than corrie and bloody eastenders,
    i say hi to all my fellow who fans guys, and wish you all well .....

long live the who !!!

Not to rain on your parade again, but Donna isn't wearing said necklace in The Stolen Earth and is unlikely to have an outfit change in Jounrey's End.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh all that effort with your anagram theories to be proven wrong :p you must be devestated
    Forum Member
    Eliott256 wrote: »
    Oh all that effort with your anagram theories to be proven wrong :p you must be devestated

Don't be mean :D With all that absolute and totally uncontrived evidence I'm surprised there was no Romana. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eliott256 wrote: »

We'll all just move on to the next wacky theory , forums wouldn't be much fun without them;)