Options

apple show

popppopp Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
thought this was today. 1st september on wednesday. just came home from work , sat down with a coffee switched laptop on, hoping to see all the new goodies. anyone know what time it starts in uk time. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    6pm like it's always been :P
  • Options
    popppopp Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok. thanks
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10am Pacific Time equates to 6pm here. Remember the US are behind us time-wise, and Apple are a US-based company.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple users (only!) will be able to view the official broadcast live.
    Live Video Streaming

Apple® will broadcast its September 1 event online using Apple’s industry-leading HTTP Live Streaming, which is based on open standards. Viewing requires either a Mac® running Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10.6 Snow Leopard®, an iPhone® or iPod touch® running iOS 3.0 or higher, or an iPad™. The live broadcast will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT on September 1, 2010 at www.apple.com.
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/08/31alert.html

Other users can probably get it via the bloggers and TWiT etc. as usual.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Apple users (only!) will be able to view the official broadcast live. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/08/31alert.html

Other users can probably get it via the bloggers and TWiT etc. as usual.

Hardly good for attracting windows users over to the Mac is it, making the broadcast Apple users only. :D
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Hardly good for attracting windows users over to the Mac is it, making the broadcast Apple users only. :D

True. It seems they are testing their new server farm. So I guess the whole thing is a beta. http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-is-live-streaming-sept-1-event-to-test-new-server-farm-exclusive/57337
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So only them it shall be given :D Make no mistake, it's clever. It will give the Apple user a feeling of exclusivity, that they are special, that they are like more and better and therefore will be first ones to be told what they will be spending their money on next. And if it attracts anybody from the outside to cross to the dark side, it's a bonus.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good picture quality on my iPad
  • Options
    JS477JS477 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This "singer" is terrible, get him off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    You'd think Apple could have paid for the whole group to perform.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Good picture quality on my iPad

Acceptable on my iPod touch over A/V cable, except times when it stuttered due to bandwidth problems.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    Acceptable on my iPod touch over A/V cable, except times when it stuttered due to bandwidth problems.

I streamed it whilst sitting on the sofa having a coffee wirelessly
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worked great on my iMac
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

True :D I switched to Mac not long ago, I love it!
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was only stress testing Apple's new server farm with a codec supported in Quicktime. Eventually they will work with all OS'es.