Options

Cheryl Cole Call My Name Video

2»

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    yes, that is my favourite video too and thanks for restoring some common sense to the thread. i thought i was reading youtube comments for moment and i try my best to avoid reading childlike posting.:eek:

Haha somebody has to! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely pointless 52 seconds of "noise" at the beginning.

And she really needs to get a better choreographer, she can dance but the dances she's being made to do are terrible.

Like a bad MC Hammer impersonator at the beginning of each chorus :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    lol i was reminded of mchammer too when she dances at the beginning of the chorus, i wish the lyrics had more to them but its a catchy song and good video
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol i was reminded of mchammer too when she dances at the beginning of the chorus, i wish the lyrics had more to them but its a catchy song and good video

she said during the behind the scene look at her new video she was trying to create a `fresh prince of bel-air` feel to her dance moves in the video. so it was kind of from the same period.
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad video, bad song, stiff hip hop dancing to an electropop song and the beginning is so stupid. Swag factor -1.:sleep:
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luvandlife wrote: »
    Bad video, bad song, stiff hip hop dancing to an electropop song and the beginning is so stupid. Swag factor -1.:sleep:

oh dear, not a fan of our cheryl are you? i remember you from recent thread about her alleged relationship with mc harvey.
    luvandlife wrote: »
    How am I or anyone else a "hater" just because we believe him over her? And please use another word besides "hater." It's very 2008. :p

you was wrong about her then too.:D
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Marquis De Sade quote at the start, it suggests that Cheryl has been suffering in some way. The pouting walk through the tunnel suggests Cheryl is coming out of a dark and dirty place into the light (which she never quite reaches in the video).

As she walks towards the mildly threatening young males, it suggests a degree of uncertainty but she quickly takes control and leads the dance. I think this suggests Cheryl's back and intends to take control of her destiny again. The scenes on the bridge and the fast car suggest purpose and direction but we don't see exactly where she is going, she probably can't either.

Cheryl is the only girl to appear and there are glimpses of an American setting. This could be a very intelligent commentary on Cheryl's recent experience of the US and more importantly something of an attempt to be successful there.

I'm not a fan but there are signs here of a bit artistic endeavour. It's pretty good.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dance moves are a little cheesy but overall I quite like it. The song itself is catchy as hell.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the song, the dancing seemed a bit odd.

Felt like a Britney video to hide the lack of continuous dancing with all the cut aways and changing of position. you only really see her continuously dancing for a max of about 3 seconds at a time, looks like it's made from a lot of takes which is weird because she was always a great dancer when she performed on X Factor.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the song, the dancing seemed a bit odd.

Felt like a Britney video to hide the lack of continuous dancing with all the cut aways and changing of position. you only really see her continuously dancing for a max of about 3 seconds at a time, looks like it's made from a lot of takes which is weird because she was always a great dancer when she performed on X Factor.

They had some trouble filming it. It was raining (it was meant to be a summery video) and the river bed where she was filming started filling up :D