Options

Romanzo Criminale

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    I couldn't work out what was going on there and I got the impression that we are going to 'piece Dandi together' as the series goes on......for instance we were introduced to his early betrayal of Libanese which iirc hadn't even been hinted at before.

Impressive start to the second series IMHO...........

I think you could well be right, re. Dandi.

From series 1, it did show Libanese & his girlfriend in early years having the run in with Terrible and explained why Libanese hated Terrible but only last night did we see that Dandi actually (inadvertently) set them up.

Can understand why he wanted the mini back now because of it. Also think that Libanese's father will still figure (somewhere) as Dandi didn't kill him like he said he was going to.

A lot of last night did centre around Dandi.
  • Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first two eps today and loved it....a mix of turf wars, revenge plots and looks like two new interesting story arcs - Dandi's future and motives, also the backdrop of the masonic P2 scandal of the 80's
  • Options
    JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't recommend you this series enough. Easily the best thing to come out from Italy in a long, long, long time. Phenomenal, glad that you get to watch it in England too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Series 2 is definatly going to be the series of Dandi after tonight.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC57 wrote: »
    I think Series 2 is definatly going to be the series of Dandi after tonight.

Yeah and it's half infuriating because he's proving to be so treacherous but inscrutable......... I actually hoped Buffalo would take him out.....................:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to the Inspector, he finally got his hands on the best bit of tail in Rome.

Dosen't matter about Dandi, Freddo and the gang now !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Im loving this, didnt expect this kind of series to be on sky arts as Id expected the channel to be about arty stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Hackney1 wrote: »
    series 2 starts on Tuesday on SkyArts 1 at 9 pm :)

hard to keep tabs on all the series to watch now - Spiral, Braquo, The Killing (Swedish version), Borgen, Wallander (Swedish version!). I know I kept missing the very first episode of Romanzo Crimanale no matter how many times it was repeated - but caught up with it and now set series record for season 2. Happy viewing!

oops - gave wrong day and channel but amended it now. as above.

What about prisoners of war which i think is also on sky arts 1
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved Prisoners of War, though it was hard to watch at times. brilliant series that left me thinking about it long after i'd watched it. Homeland pales in comparison (though i still watch it!). hope we get to see series 2 .....

- see, told you i couldn't keep up with them all.....

I kept wondering why Freddo lived in that shed type place when he was with Roberta - was that her place or a second home of his? just caught up with last week's episode and his home was the beautiful apartment you'd expect.

what happened in the very first episode of season 1? did you see Freddo, Dandi, Libenese as boys? did it show how they all met? kept missing the first few episodes but watched them all since then.
    why did Buffalo shoot Libenese? has that been explained or have i missed something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Would someone do me a massive favour of giving me a spoiler of what happened in the Series 1 finale please. My recording failed, it is seemingly impossible to download with subtitles and I am now can't wait any longer to start Series 2!

Thanks in advance x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shameless bump as my sky+ is down to 8% and I need to get rid of some HD stuff so if anybody can answer my post above I will be truly grateful :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The series 1 finale involved Freddo making plans to leave Rome with Roberta. As he was about to go, Lebanese was killed and the final scenes showing all the gang showing up on the street where he was shot.

As a consequence, Freddo didn't leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hackney1 wrote: »

what happened in the very first episode of season 1? did you see Freddo, Dandi, Libenese as boys? did it show how they all met? kept missing the first few episodes but watched them all since then.
    why did Buffalo shoot Libenese? has that been explained or have i missed something?

That was shown to an extentin a flashback in episode 2, series 2 - how Freddo, Libanese and Freddo met.

Did Buffalo shoot Libanese ?
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to the Inspector, he finally got his hands on the best bit of tail in Rome.

Funny how the minute he shaved off his moustache he finally scored with Patrizia!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was shown to an extentin a flashback in episode 2, series 2 - how Freddo, Libanese and Freddo met.

Did Buffalo shoot Libanese ?

I thought it was Libanese, Dandi and Bufalo who we saw as boys. That explained why Bufalo was so upset by Lib's death and wanted to see him get a proper ''Emperor's Funeral''

Freddo originally was part of a completely different gang wasn't he. Circumstances in Season 1 brought the two gangs together and they joined up.

We know the brothers didn't kill Libanese. So I'm assuming it was one of the gang. But nothing has been revealed so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The series 1 finale involved Freddo making plans to leave Rome with Roberta. As he was about to go, Lebanese was killed and the final scenes showing all the gang showing up on the street where he was shot.

As a consequence, Freddo didn't leave.

Thank, MC57. I'm off and running now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another amazing episode. This show just keeps on giving. So many things happened tonight. Bufalo knows the gun that killed his friend was in the arsenal. But not who the killer was. Dandi does though. So why didn't he tell the rest of the gang? Or did I miss that.

Donatella and Freddo.. You could see a mile away that was going to happen.

Dandi is now king. Will Freddo accept this. Or will they lock horns. I thought Dandi was a coward when he left Bufalo in the street. But he is not. He just weighs up the risks and makes cold calculated decisions.

The Commish loses out again. Canton would have been better off staying in records, or wherever he was when he was happy. Surely Scialoja is going to score a hit. Or will the gang be killed off one by one and he is left with nobody to arrest.

Can't believe we are half way through this season already. Definitely best thing on the TV at the moment. For me anyway. Although Boardwalk and Homeland runs it close.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL I can't wait for it to finish then I can watch it all properly. I keep missing bits and am hopeless at trying to keep up on weeklies so when it's finally done Mr Tivo is going to get a serious workout :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    LOL I can't wait for it to finish then I can watch it all properly. I keep missing bits and am hopeless at trying to keep up on weeklies so when it's finally done Mr Tivo is going to get a serious workout :p

Watched eps 1-4 again last night. So I know I definitely missed bits.:D:D

I've got the gang worked out. It's the other two gangs that they work with that complicates things for me. The Mafia and Camorra(in Naples). And they are working with the secret service as well.

No Patrizia or Roberta this week. Hope they are coming back soon. Donatella is a striking woman. But not keen on the short platinum hairstyle. She looks a lot better naked though. Freddo didn't look up for the job did he;)

One thing. When this finishes TK3 starts. Then Christmas and the New Year. Happy days, no?

Can't believe Dandi used the Don Corleone line - I'll make him an offer........
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I cried at the end of series 2...
  • Options
    StylesStyles Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this, its detail for the period it is set and the 80's music is great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styles wrote: »
    I love this, its detail for the period it is set and the 80's music is great.

Any idea what the song was when Donatella and Freddo were ''making zee luuuv''
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did recognise it at the time but will have to watch one of the weekend repeats to be sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did recognise it at the time but will have to watch one of the weekend repeats to be sure.

Cheers MC.:):)

I was wondering if it was a hit in Italy only. I can't remember it at all.

I love the music in this. Tainted Love when the MP was getting whipped was very well done. Especially as it referred to Patrizia and the Commish as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another absorbing episode. Basically the gang was dead when Libano was killed. I'm getting a creeping sense of loss as we near the end. Really going to miss these guys.

Dandi's Ming Vases!! Who else knew straight away they were doomed as soon as we saw them. Send them back and say they were broken on arrival. Classic.

Ranocchia died of AIDS, right?

Scialoja decided to pit the guys against one and another. Because he can't keep them inside. Let them kill each other. I hope Dandi gets it soon. He is a real snake. I like Freddo. A murderer for sure. But at least he has some principles.