Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    Jason Donovan.

Was doing work experience at the media relations department of a radio station when he turned up for his interview. Huge, floppy hat, gigantic shades and a massive list of topics the DJ's were under no circumstances supposed to ask him about!

He also cancelled a meet and greet with some "Donovan superfans" about half an hour before arriving at the studio (and these women had been waiting for him for a good few hours), and when asked why, gave no reason.

As soon as the mics were on though, he became the picture of graciousness and humility.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    Anna Friel. I witnessed her being very rude and shouty to a staff member in Kendall's in Manchester. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while as I wasn't party to the start of the conversation, but I've heard a few similar stories from friends who have first hand experience of her being rude so it wasn't an isolated incident.

I've heard nothing but condemnation for her behaviour. There was one story in particular in the Blind Items thread that summed up a lot of the negative things send about her- about as far removed from down-to-earth as you can get!
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I23 wrote: »
    Bloke at work in mid 90's did Changing Rooms (**** boudoir episode) he said thay Smilley was not at all pleasant and hated the English and would only stay in Scotland that was a hefty commute

So Carol Smillie hates the English so much, she married an English Guy & is against Scottish Independence...interesting that :D
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    When I was 11, I waited outside my team's football ground for ages in the rain to get Billy Bremner's autograph.

When he finally arrived, I asked him politely for his autograph & he told me to ... "Go and f--- myself" ... !!!

(I had even called him "Mr Bremner" too! lol)

I laugh about it now, but only being a kid I was quite shocked at the time. :D

He sounds a first class c***
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    So Carol Smillie hates the English so much, she married an English Guy & is against Scottish Independence...interesting that :D

Only saying what he said:) also he had a french polished dado rail in the living room and made his mate promise to not touch it.... I think Lawrence Bowen bloke persuaded his mate to rip it off as it would make for a bit of drama in the show
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Donovan.

Was doing work experience at the media relations department of a radio station when he turned up for his interview. Huge, floppy hat, gigantic shades and a massive list of topics the DJ's were under no circumstances supposed to ask him about!

He also cancelled a meet and greet with some "Donovan superfans" about half an hour before arriving at the studio (and these women had been waiting for him for a good few hours), and when asked why, gave no reason.

As soon as the mics were on though, he became the picture of graciousness and humility.

I use to like Jason until the treatment on the audition stage of the programme and wrong information given and making out that Jonathan Ansell does not care about his fans
    Yes I know programmes are edited but what they did was way out of order and Jason did not say sorry when fans alerted him that Jonathan does care about his fans and that he did have permission to go for role of JC from the producer of ATO2C Paul N,
    Jason also was in SOM when he left to go on DOI or what ever programme it was that he left SOM for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm glad you said that, it made me sad to think that she hates us:)
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I'm glad you said that, it made me sad to think that she hates us:)

I'm Scottish and I hate HER!
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    potatolegs wrote: »
    I hate to say this but Holly Willoughby is a stuck up cow. Wouldn't even take photos with fans when standing next to them and was so fake and moaning.

Wow surprised a about that. Thought she was nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Botham came to our town as a special appearance at one of the nightclubs in the 80s,my sister worked there as a glass collector and had a handful of glasses and he was in the way, she asked him politely "excuse me" four times, the final time he said "Just go another way, im special guest here" my sister says she said "I dont give a **** who you are, you are in my way and i asked you nicely to move", and he moved :) not exciting but he was a bit rude, she still hates him.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote: »
    I hate to say this but Holly Willoughby is a stuck up cow. Wouldn't even take photos with fans when standing next to them and was so fake and moaning.

Hardly surprising.
  • chiefettechiefette Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Sarah Millican.

What has she done?
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Nigel Havers. Utterly ghastly, snobbish creep.
  • PilgPilg Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I recall that a few of the Rainbow lot were down my local at the height of their fame some years ago.

Contrary to his television personality, Bungle was a complete ar**hole, excessively drunk and trying to start a fight with anyone in his vicinity. He also rudely propositioning the young barmaid, after which she fled clearly distraught. No-one was brave enough to say anything at the time as he was a pretty hefty bloke and cut an intimidating presence.

On the other hand Zippy was a complete gentleman, generally chatty with everyone and happy to sign autographs.
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Pilg wrote: »
    I recall that a few of the Rainbow lot were down my local at the height of their fame some years ago.

Contrary to his television personality, Bungle was a complete ar**hole, excessively drunk and trying to start a fight with anyone in his vicinity. He also rudely propositioning the young barmaid, after which she fled clearly distraught. No-one was brave enough to say anything at the time as he was a pretty hefty bloke and cut an intimidating presence.

On the other hand Zippy was a complete gentleman, generally chatty with everyone and happy to sign autographs.

A friend of a friend's milkman told me Morph was a playdophile
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What was George like? ;)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    bloodynora wrote: »
    My friend took part in Bargain Hunt a few years ago and the BBC were filming a "celebrity programme" at the same time. Julian Clary was one of the celebs and my friend said when they were filming the shopping part he was so stuck up and up himself and refused to sign autographs for people who recognised him.
    When they filmed the Auction him and his Mother sat in the room set aside as the green room and didn't speak to or mingle with anyone, he filmed his bit of the Auction and then walked out with his nose in the air and hid away again.

You see, this isn't really very fair. It's common knowledge that Clary loathes 'celebrity' and doesn't do well mixing with others in groups.

So, he probably doesn't have his nose in the air; he's just not comfortable and groups and likes to keep himself to himself.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot be ask to look through all of the thread but I will eat my Surprise Surprise T - Shirt if Cilla Black has not been mentioned.
    Having done several TV Quiz show, this is a subject that was always bought up by contestants as well as researchers & runners at the studios, she is not so much disliked but vilified to the extent that though I have never met her so many people cannot be that wrong, obviously she gets very little exposure these days & that may be the reason no-one invites her on to any shows, so maybe its all come back to bite her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    When I was 11, I waited outside my team's football ground for ages in the rain to get Billy Bremner's autograph.

When he finally arrived, I asked him politely for his autograph & he told me to ... "Go and f--- myself" ... !!!

(I had even called him "Mr Bremner" too! lol)

I laugh about it now, but only being a kid I was quite shocked at the time. :D

Bremner was a functional alcoholic for much of his life, and was known for being unpleasant and belligerent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to like Jason until the treatment on the audition stage of the programme and wrong information given and making out that Jonathan Ansell does not care about his fans
    Yes I know programmes are edited but what they did was way out of order and Jason did not say sorry when fans alerted him that Jonathan does care about his fans and that he did have permission to go for role of JC from the producer of ATO2C Paul N,
    Jason also was in SOM when he left to go on DOI or what ever programme it was that he left SOM for.

I've met Jason Donovan after a theatre performance and he was so lovely. He was interested in why I was so keen to meet him. He signed a few things for me. He posed for a few photos. He was everything I hoped he'd be. I won't hear a word against him!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Antony Cotton horrid vile person

A friend of mine had to deal with his correspondence at work. (can't say which company!) He'd ignored the terms and conditions of a ticket and it had cost him money to buy a new one, but instead of being nice about it and admitting that he'd used the ticket incorrectly, he started shouting about how he was 'so famous and could cause so much trouble for the company'.

He then wrote directly to the MD of the company demanding a full refund and apology and compensation or he'd go to the papers and would cause so much bad PR for the company they'd be better off giving him what he wanted. My friend dealt with this letter and told him very politely that he wasn't getting anything. Cotton has never gone to the papers or caused bad publicity about this. He's just a c**k.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise Welch. I have had 2 separate encounters with her. In the first one, I was working for the same company as my friend in the Anthony Cotton example above. I took a phone call from her and the first thing she said was her name. (presumably so I'd do more for her.) When I treated her in exactly the same way I'd treat anyone, in other words, no preferential treatment, she was really angry. Her exact words in a very angry tone were, "oh, thank you I guess."

The second time, I was in a shop up north in a town where she was in panto and we both walked round the same aisle from different directions and nearly bumped into each other. My immediate reaction was, "Oh, I'm sorry." She immediately looked at me like I'd just crawled out from under a stone. No apology. I hadn't realised it was her for a few seconds. We didn't actually collide. It was no-one's fault. To look at me like that and not apologise when I had was horrible, I thought.

If I'd not had both encounters with her, I'd think maybe one was an off-day. But both? No, she's so rude and up herself. I actually really dislike her and can't watch her when she's on tv.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how he was 'so famous and could cause so much trouble for the company'.

Anthony Cotton. A bad actor in a bad soap full of bad actors :p

He is really deluded to consider himself to be 'so famous' :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Anthony Cotton. A bad actor in a bad soap full of bad actors :p

He is really deluded to consider himself to be 'so famous' :rolleyes:

Exactly. I was so pleased my friend stuck to his guns and didn't give in.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member

I would have thought it was the other way around....:p