Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »
    Paul Kaye when was interviewed when he still being Denis Penis and he said that Damon Hill was probably the only celeb he liked.

I've run into Damon Hill at motorsport events a few times. Although I've never actually spoken to him, he always seems very "normal" and is happy to wander through the crowds and mix with people. There is also something quite attractive about him in real life that doesn't come over on screen.

Sadly, some F1 drivers are not nice. Ralf Schumacher is a right royal pain in the backside with very bad manners. Michael Schumacher is polite, but aloof. Jenson Button is rather self-important, although he hasn't always been like this.

Away from motorsport, on Saturday, my mum and I got shoved out of the way in a theatre we'd paid to get into, because HRH The Princess Simon Cowell was making an entrance, and all the little people needed to be out of the way.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who runs a pub in Oxfordshire and Eddie Irvine used to go in there and apparently he is an absolute grade A c*ck.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobbie8 wrote: »
    I've been to the Granada Studios 3 times when in Manchester, spent maybe an hour each time at the gates, just to see who we can see :D. Theres always fans hanging around, even a few that go almost everyday.

Every actor who went in and came out, stopped for photos, even knew the "super fans" by name or if they were in cars they waved. Haley drove in and then came back to the gates for a chat.
    Mr Havers ignored everyone, never spoke and just walked right past. One fan who goes to the studios often, said he has always been like that,
    Glenn A wrote: »
    My cousin interviewed Maureen Lipmann for a Sunday supplement and said she was the most arrogant. rude and late person she has ever interviewed.
    Has anyone met Hughie Green before, as until Jimmy Savile's revelations he was the most despised man in showbiz, but always came across as nice to contestants?

I've met Havers and I've met Lipman, and I have to concur - they weren't particularly pleasant people.
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to know someone who works on This Morning. I bet they can tell some tales about what it's like behind the scenes and what different guests are like. :D

I was fortunate to go behind the scenes for This Morning when it was being filmed one Friday, so I got to meet Eamonn & Ruth & Matt Johnson. It was great fun, Eamonn is the biggest gossip ever & was happy to tell us who the worst guest was (Rihanna!) and who he did & didn't like on the particular day we went. The presenters were all extremely lovely :)
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was fortunate to go behind the scenes for This Morning when it was being filmed one Friday, so I got to meet Eamonn & Ruth & Matt Johnson. It was great fun, Eamonn is the biggest gossip ever & was happy to tell us who the worst guest was (Rihanna!) and who he did & didn't like on the particular day we went. The presenters were all extremely lovely :)

You don't expect it with Eamonn Holmes, because he can come across as quite abrasive, but I've only ever heard nice things about him.

I know someone who works as a warm up guy on quite a few shows. He says the majority of "stars" who are presenting the shows don't want to know where the warm up's concerned. But Eamonn always makes a point of going to see them, sitting down and having a chat to see how things are going, etc. Really top bloke apparently.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't expect it with Eamonn Holmes, because he can come across as quite abrasive, but I've only ever heard nice things about him.

I know someone who works as a warm up guy on quite a few shows. He says the majority of "stars" who are presenting the shows don't want to know where the warm up's concerned. But Eamonn always makes a point of going to see them, sitting down and having a chat to see how things are going, etc. Really top bloke apparently.

Am glad to read this. I really do like Eamonn and Ruth :).
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably been said her already (maybe by me before! :D) but Ronan can be quite moody
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iCandy77 wrote: »
    Its probably been said her already (maybe by me before! :D) but Ronan can be quite moody

You mean that cocky perma-grin he has isn't there all the time? ;)

He really has a face you could just slap, I can't stand him
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iCandy77 wrote: »

Ronan Keating?? Horrible little man!! I met him some years ago when I worked in a hotel in Belfast, and he was a grumpy little sod and quite rude. Westlife were just as bad. Kian ugh!!:mad:

Andy from Emmerdale stayed there too once and he was lovely, plus really REALLY handsome and attractive in the flesh. Much more than on tv.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    I've run into Damon Hill at motorsport events a few times. Although I've never actually spoken to him, he always seems very "normal" and is happy to wander through the crowds and mix with people. There is also something quite attractive about him in real life that doesn't come over on screen.

Sadly, some F1 drivers are not nice. Ralf Schumacher is a right royal pain in the backside with very bad manners. Michael Schumacher is polite, but aloof. Jenson Button is rather self-important, although he hasn't always been like this.

Away from motorsport, on Saturday, my mum and I got shoved out of the way in a theatre we'd paid to get into, because HRH The Princess Simon Cowell was making an entrance, and all the little people needed to be out of the way.
    Interesting. I've also met Jenson Button and he was really nice. Spent a lot of time being friendly. The person I'm not keen on is Jason Plato who always comes across as really smug, but I know a couple of people who say he's great. I think it just comes down to who you meet on the day.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised about what people say about James Bolam. I know he's a very private person, rarely mixes with other actors and lives in a secluded area, but he is notorious for not turning up for the few interviews he has said he would do, one forum said he was obnoxious when a fan spotted him in a supermarket and was horrible to a shop assistant.
    You tend to hear conflicting views about his one time friend Rodney Bewes. Some people have said he's too full of himself and not liked in the village he lives in, but others have said he will talk for hours to fans about his most famous role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    Westlife were just as bad. Kian ugh!!:mad:

Heard this about Westlife before as well. Someone I used to work with who is a live sound engineer ie the guys who work the mixing consoles at concerts making these ********s sound good, said they were the most vile band he had ever worked with and Brian McFadden was the worst.
    Forum Member
    Interesting. I've also met Jenson Button and he was really nice. Spent a lot of time being friendly. The person I'm not keen on is Jason Plato who always comes across as really smug, but I know a couple of people who say he's great. I think it just comes down to who you meet on the day.

Jason Plato definitely has a not-nice side. I received a rude and unnecessary email from him once after criticising something he'd done in a BTCC race on a blog I used to have. I assume it actually was him.

How long ago did you meet Jenson? He used to be really down to earth and pleasant, it's since his world title that he's disappeared up his own bum a bit.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    Jason Plato definitely has a not-nice side. I received a rude and unnecessary email from him once after criticising something he'd done in a BTCC race on a blog I used to have. I assume it actually was him.

How long ago did you meet Jenson? He used to be really down to earth and pleasant, it's since his world title that he's disappeared up his own bum a bit.

Year before last, so after the world title and he'd joined McLaren. It was via a sponsor event though, so maybe he was on best behaviour, but I found him to be charming, funny and really approachable.

There was quite a funny incident with Plato a couple of years back. Some bloke described meeting him on a forum and talked about how Jason was weird and standoffish. Jason joined the forum and posted a very full and frank rebuttal which basically described his impression of the guy.

The fan said he was really nervous and couldn't believe his luck. Plato's side of the story said the guy came across as a total weirdo who wouldn't let go of his hand after shaking it, and followed him into a shop when he was collecting his dry cleaning!

It's a perfect example of how there's 2 sides to every story, and neither of them could see themselves in the wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I am sure that most people have not heard of this author but I would like to tell you my experience with him, I bought one of his book (a kindle edition on Amazon) and I felt that this book was very poorly executed, so I gave him a poor review on Amazon, and I have had messages from him via Amazon just dissipating what I was saying, I found him very arrogant.
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that most people have not heard of this author but I would like to tell you my experience with him, I bought one of his book (a kindle edition on Amazon) and I felt that this book was very poorly executed, so I gave him a poor review on Amazon, and I have had messages from him via Amazon just dissipating what I was saying, I found him very arrogant.

This is a real bug bear with authors and its becoming more common. The cheeky sods should be glad that someone has spent their hard earned cash and taken the time to write a review. I blatantly avoid any author doing this even if I like the look of their book.
    Forum Member
    There was quite a funny incident with Plato a couple of years back. Some bloke described meeting him on a forum and talked about how Jason was weird and standoffish. Jason joined the forum and posted a very full and frank rebuttal which basically described his impression of the guy.

The fan said he was really nervous and couldn't believe his luck. Plato's side of the story said the guy came across as a total weirdo who wouldn't let go of his hand after shaking it, and followed him into a shop when he was collecting his dry cleaning!

It's a perfect example of how there's 2 sides to every story, and neither of them could see themselves in the wrong.

Interesting about Plato and the forum. Whatever the fan's behaviour, I think we can infer that Jason Plato spends a little bit too much time googling himself.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    Ronan Keating?? Horrible little man!! I met him some years ago when I worked in a hotel in Belfast, and he was a grumpy little sod and quite rude. Westlife were just as bad. Kian ugh!!:mad:

Andy from Emmerdale stayed there too once and he was lovely, plus really REALLY handsome and attractive in the flesh. Much more than on tv.

Good to know. Always had a soft spot for Kelvin Fletcher (can remember when he came into Emerdiddle as a little boy and thought he was really sweet!). His RL little brother is a ringer for him except for the fact that he's blonde.
  • VideoNiceyVideoNicey Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I met Giant Haystacks at a motorway service station in the mid 1980s. There's a picture of me and my brother with him somewhere at my mum and dads house. He looks dead pissed off in the picture cos he got annoyed at waiting for the flash of my dads camera to warm up.

I recognise this letter from Viz!
  • VideoNiceyVideoNicey Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Denise Welch.

Good call. I was in a cafe a few weeks ago and this 'Loose Woman' came swanning in with a gang of hangers-on. Face like a badly pebbledashed bungalow and a voice that could strip paint.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex jockey Willie Carson, don't be fooled by that cheeky little scotsman act he used to do when presenting horseracing on Grandstand with Claire Balding, Carson is a nasty little $h!t, he had an illegitamate daughter after having a fling with a waitress when he was 17, he paid paternity but always refused to acknowledge her, she sent him an invitation to her wedding wich he just tossed in the bin instead of perhaps sending a polite reply declining her invitation but wishing her well. During thr stable lads strike in 1975 Carson was filmed whipping protesting stable lads from the back of his horse at Newmarket with gusto, he was universally hated by many in horseracing, both jockeys and stable staff.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VideoNicey wrote: »
    I recognise this letter from Viz!

I remember it from Viz too!! :D
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Didn't Xtina through chewing gum into the audience once?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    Ex jockey Willie Carson, don't be fooled by that cheeky little scotsman act he used to do when presenting horseracing on Grandstand with Claire Balding
    I've never thought anything other of 'Mr D Warf' - even taking into account his 'cute' image on IACGMOOH. He's one of those chaps who is delightful 'to other celebrities' but comes across quite openly as a bit of a t w a t to the pleb-in-the-street'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ian Botham came to our town as a special appearance at one of the nightclubs in the 80s,my sister worked there as a glass collector and had a handful of glasses and he was in the way, she asked him politely "excuse me" four times, the final time he said "Just go another way, im special guest here" my sister says she said "I dont give a **** who you are, you are in my way and i asked you nicely to move", and he moved :) not exciting but he was a bit rude, she still hates him.

*standing ovation for your sister*. Damn right!