yahoo mail

Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
any one else having difficulties getting into their email account with yahoo....

keeps on refreshing itself.... it was fine this morning, but this afternoon, no access....

Comments

• LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    No problems here.
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tried my other account, can access that one..... but my main account keeps on looping - ie. it won't load....
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since they moved to the new format, it's been a frustrating pile of crap.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Mine was like that the other day, think it just has its funny 5 mins here and there.
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks everyone... apparently Yahoo mail is having a breakdown, and is affecting a number of email accounts......
    mine just happens to be one of them.... :(
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had mine time out a few times on Tuesday. Then a bit after 3 the problem ceased, and I was finally able to read and complete my emails.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Yahoo "upgraded" its email it's been a frustrating mess to use.

I do wonder who these companies employ to upgrade their email systems to "enhance the customer experience". Without fail it normally means it becomes worse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I really don't like the new systems on the PC. Every time I log in I get told to upgrade my browser, despite having the latest Firefox with all patches, half the time it slows to crawl too.

But the latest Android App by contrast is a pleasure to use, whereas previously it was a pile of crap.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since they moved to the new format, it's been a frustrating pile of crap.

Can't disagree with that sentiment! It's absolutely bloody awful. Took me ages to work out how to find my contacts in it, then when I did, I couldn't get back to the mail" page to insert the address!

And I thought Hotmail was bad!
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,266
    Forum Member
    If it ain't broken fix it until it is.

Having said that I found that emptying my cache allowed me access.
  • soransoran Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never used the webmail for Yahoo, and never had a problem accessing it through Windows Live Mail or Outlook.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    It's probably being hacked.

Again.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just jumping on the general complaints about it bandwagon - I sometimes find it slow for sent emails to pop up in the inbox there.

I don't use it that often, but yesterday I was trying to access an account on another site on a new device and they sent a special code to my yahoo mail to confirm it was still me. Took 3 attempts as by the time I'd received them the first 2 times the code had expired (you get 10 minutes to input it). I've had that kind of thing before with them and know it's a problem at yahoo's end as it's happened when I've sent myself emails too.