Options

Elliott & Son's Butchers in Corrie

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fred and his son Ashley were great members of the cast, very believable. If they are both still alive in real life, it would nice to see them back.

Carla should purchase the shop as an outlet for her knickers, cuts out the middleman.

Errrr.....Ashley was killed off in 2010 in the tram crash (Collinson's genius idea to kill off a great character granted).

And yes, would love to see Carla's knickers on displays especially her thong collection. Damn it she just work there if it gets turned into a brothel / massage parlour / lap-dancing club.

Along with Michelle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    They should turn it into a brothel.
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I like how no-one has pointed out that the place is tiny and there is no room for a gym unless it has 2 machines and maybe a toilet.

Ooops. I never thought of that :blush:

They could always knock through to t'back where the work room/freezer section was to make more space. Mind you, they'll probably never have more than two characters using it at the same time anyway :D

Oh OK, I admit it - my idea was rubbish. I sense a career as a soap writer beckons...
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Rita should buy it. She could open a shop selling horrendous appliquéd, oversized knitwear which she loves so much.

It could be called Rita's Rags.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Due to it actually being a on set meaning on the set you can actually go inside it I think it is likely to currently be storage. They did plan to turn it into a greengrocer but they are not sure about it. Would a Gregg's on the street be legally allowed by OFCOM?

In a word? No. Anything high in fat, sugar and salt is prohibited by OFCOM's Product Placement ruling.

I can imagine the Daily Fail now! "Man sues Coronation Street after claiming watching the programme made him fat from their Gregg's deal."
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    immusic wrote: »
    Maybe they'll turn it into the gym; although who is going to use it is a mystery. The cast aren't exactly the fittest looking bunch of people I've ever seen (apart from Jason and possibly Sophie).

Aye a Jimmi Mystery !!
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should open a Tesco Express to rival Devs corner shop !!
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er...but both characters are dead!
    Duh, I forgot that !! but this is soapland, so perhaps they could both do a J.R.Ewing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If somebody dared open up a Greggs or a rival caff, Fiz would be round there like a shot, scrunching her nose up & threatening them with Chesney.

Nobody would dare.
    You can forget that idea right away.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I think Rita should buy it. She could open a shop selling horrendous appliquéd, oversized knitwear which she loves so much.

Rita's Rags :o:D hahahaha!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    It's a shame it's not used, I say It's a shame it's not used!

What is used to it's potential? Elliott's, Victoria Court, the surgery, kebab shop and chippy are rarely seen and a waste of the set.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    It's a shame it's not used, I say It's a shame it's not used!
    Like your comment...... and agree.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Maybe they'll turn it into the gym; although who is going to use it is a mystery. The cast aren't exactly the fittest looking bunch of people I've ever seen (apart from Jason and possibly Sophie).
    Jason is just so lovely.
    Always willing to help when he can.
    Such a good looking lad too.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fred and his son Ashley were great members of the cast, very believable. If they are both still alive in real life, it would nice to see them back.

Both actors are alive, but both characters are dead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Both actors are alive, but both characters are dead

Thankyou, dd68, that is nice to know. I must watch out for anything they are now in.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooops. I never thought of that :blush:

They could always knock through to t'back where the work room/freezer section was to make more space. Mind you, they'll probably never have more than two characters using it at the same time anyway :D

Oh OK, I admit it - my idea was rubbish. I sense a career as a soap writer beckons...

If it goes through t'back Stella will deffo be a regular.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Thankyou, dd68, that is nice to know. I must watch out for anything they are now in.

John Savident is rumoured to be in Magic Mike 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Fred & Ashley :(
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duh, I forgot that !! but this is soapland, so perhaps they could both do a J.R.Ewing.

I think you mean Bobby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it ever called Elliott and Son? I seem to remember that Ashley was brought up by Fred's sister and he thought Fred was his uncle.
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it ever called Elliott and Son? I seem to remember that Ashley was brought up by Fred's sister and he thought Fred was his uncle.

Yes it was http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Elliott_%26_Son

Although Ashley was brought up by Reds's sister and known as Ashley Peacock he was still Fred's son
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it was http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Elliott_%26_Son

Although Ashley was brought up by Fred's sister and known as Ashley Peacock he was still Fred's son
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

She could co own it with deidre and also sell chain belts :D
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about it!