Options

Kids' clobber

wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
Forum Member
✭✭
Bit stuck whether to put this in general discussion or here, but anyway...

In terms of klids' clobber what do people think about the marketing of different price ranges?

Saw some Matalan ads this morning on bollards at the roadside and the way the pics have been done it looks like they are going for the Bolden/Joules/Crew market to me, all classic beachside japes with skipping ropes and windmills for the summer collection.

Of course the garments will be cheaper but probably lesser quality, then again does it matter with how quick they outgrow stuff?

A mate of mine worked at a clothing wholesaler and they were setting up a website on the cheap, I can remember him saying he was taking pics of some of the staff's kids as models at the nearby park bandstand. I guess you work with the budget you've got.

What do you guys think matters when it comes to clothes for kids, price, quality, image and brand, a combination, or something else?

Comments

• Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Quality without a doubt. Matalan are terrible quality - they just fall apart and shrink. As do ASDA, Tesco, Primark and other cheap brands.

Apart from H&M, who are fantastic quality, but perhaps not as cheap as you might think.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Babies in particular grow out of stuff so quickly, I don't see that they need to be top quality.
    I've got a mix of baby clothes from Next to Sainsburys and they all more or less wash as well as each other. They're only worn for a few weeks max and they do their job for that length of time.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have gone through a vast amount of baby stuff since having my first child..

Best in terms of quality has been Gap, Next, H&M. Mothercare and M&S... However as pointed out they grow so quickly that you can get away with cheaper brands when they are younger as they will grow before the clothing will show real signs of wear and tear.

Interestingly my most consistently used items were muslin squares and I got most of mine from George @ Asda. They are still in perfect condition now. .