Options

Summer is coming! What sunglasses are you wearing?

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bright & sunny today! Are you protecting your eyes? :)

(or just posing) :blush:

I usually wear a pair of Raybans New Wayfarer :cool: and also have a pair of Oakley Straights

Comments

• Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None at present as I left my last pair of Raybans at a restaurant abroad in March.
    I will no doubt but some more and leave them somewhere again.
    Sunglasses and brollies and me never last long together :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you ever look for your sunglasses while wearing them on your head? :blush::D
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Yes everyone's done that one :p

I remember once I went to visit a uni down south with my notetaker at college and she went into a right flap thinking she'd lost them until one of us realised she had them on her head the whole time :D
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two pairs. Oakleys for general wear and a pair of Lomo floating sunglasses for when I'm out on the water.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. I recently forgot I had them on my head and walked round looking a tit for over an hour in the office and no one even thought to mention it :blush:

To answer the OP - only ever Rayban Wayfayers. Currently still wearing last year limited edition ones and still love them
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blublockers
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Clip-ons for work and driving and Porsche for running and looking cool.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost so many pairs that I just go for the ones from Aldi now. Their polarised sports pair are really good for driving and running.

Also have a pair of Oakley e-wire original with gold iridium lens which are around 15 years old. Use those on the bike when I am wearing a helmet
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think it's worth paying at least £100 for a pair of sunglasses. I have two pairs of Ray Ban's...Ray Ban Wayfarer and the new Ray Ban Justin's. Ray Ban's are really the only sunglasses that seem to suit me. They have glasses in so many different sizes too. I also have a cheap pair of River Island sunglasses but I tend to not wear them very often. The only Ray Ban's I'm not too sure of are the Aviator's...these came in three different sizes but I've tried them on quite a few times in the shop and they just don't suit me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the cheapest ones I can find that don't look too stupid on me - I'm terrible at losing them, breaking them, chewing the arms on them. No point me spending good money on them!
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    H&M girl's aviators 😳

Anything else looks ridiculous as I have a ridiculously small face 😤
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cavalli...groupon offer!
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never spend more than a fiver on sunglasses, I always seem to break or lose them
  • Options
    Pallas_athenaPallas_athena Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Bright & sunny today! Are you protecting your eyes? :)

(or just posing) :blush:

I usually wear a pair of Raybans New Wayfarer :cool: and also have a pair of Oakley Straights

I have a fabulous pair of D&G's my boyfriend got me for my birthday! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely think it's worth paying at least £100 for a pair of sunglasses. I have two pairs of Ray Ban's...Ray Ban Wayfarer and the new Ray Ban Justin's. Ray Ban's are really the only sunglasses that seem to suit me. They have glasses in so many different sizes too. I also have a cheap pair of River Island sunglasses but I tend to not wear them very often. The only Ray Ban's I'm not too sure of are the Aviator's...these came in three different sizes but I've tried them on quite a few times in the shop and they just don't suit me.

Aviators don't suit me either... I don't like the bridge bar

Love Wayfarers, I think they look good on most faces :cool:
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I would be careful placing glasses on your head as it will only loosen the arms over time. I don't tend to do this with mine.

I'm going to get some Chanel ones this year, not bought a pair for a while so will treat myself for my holiday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Its all about cat-eye sunglasses this summer, I love them http://goo.gl/fuqAnW
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just buy cheap ones as I have a habit of loosing them or dropping them and treading on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocking Primark until I can afford some Ray Bans.
  • Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last years black prescription ones from Specsavers. They're actually quite nice! :D
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Chanel, Gucci and Kenneth Cole.

What can I say, I'm a woman and love fabulous clothes and accessories.

Bring on the sun!!!
  • Options
    ToriabelleToriabelle Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    A pink framed pair I got from River Island.

Apart from the obvious importance of sunglasses I think they make a great fashion accessory as well.
  • Options
    catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Very nice freebie pair from Toni and Guy, after haircut and purchasing two products
    http://toniandguy.com/news/giles-designs-limited-edition-sunglasses-for-ss14/48
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long back from holiday and wore my Jean Paul Gaultier SJP 020 ones. When I'm here, tend to wear my aviators...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely sunny day. Wearing my wayfarers today :cool: