EE Bring back Melissa Suffield.

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We all know Melissa was the better Lucy and with Hetti gone Melissa can return. The Lucy we've seen for the past 2 years is an imposter after the Beale empire, the real Lucy is being held prisoner somewhere in Devon by Gina who has a history of mental illness. Gina promised Lily (Hetti's character) that she would get rid of Lucy if Lily would take her place and make nobody suspect anything. This is the big twist before Christmas mark my words .

Comments

• Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    you should write for Home and Away.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Comparing Melissa to Hetti is like comparing dog poo to cat poo.

They were both awful in the role. Hetti though seemed better when she gave more umph to her performance as opposed to trying to be subtle and sexy. However the death of the character is no real loss - the aftermath is going to be great though
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Hetti in the role. Melissa was awful.
  • Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Eastenders isn't that far removed from reality where we'd be expected to believe dead Lucy was a faker.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I'll mark no such words.

In my eyes this final week made Lucy as a character belong to Hetti, before this she was a little bit of a wandering shoe filler, but she' owned it now and in the nick of time in all.
  • kitthekatkitthekat Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    We all know Melissa was the better Lucy and with Hetti gone Melissa can return. The Lucy we've seen for the past 2 years is an imposter after the Beale empire, the real Lucy is being held prisoner somewhere in Devon by Gina who has a history of mental illness. Gina promised Lily (Hetti's character) that she would get rid of Lucy if Lily would take her place and make nobody suspect anything. This is the big twist before Christmas mark my words .

And Peter and Cindy have just played along with this? Both of them lived with Lucy in Devon, so they would know she was a fake and I can't really imagine anyone being able to convince Cindy to keep her mouth shut about something like that.
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with above post. Hetti IS/WAS Lucy Beale. She gave some great performances this week, it's just a shame she only got something gritty to do in the lead up to her death. I prefer Hetti's Lucy's to Melissa's
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldLucy is in witness protection with Kathy and Cindy. Keep up!
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitthekat wrote: »
    And Peter and Cindy have just played along with this? Both of them lived with Lucy in Devon, so they would know she was a fake and I can't really imagine anyone being able to convince Cindy to keep her mouth shut about something like that.

Ah you see that's not Peter and Cindy. They are a 40 year old married couple who also want the Beale empire. Don't get me started on who "Lauren" is.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Eastenders isn't that far removed from reality where we'd be expected to believe dead Lucy was a faker.

hmmm ok. To be fair all soaps are.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But... Hetti was a better Lucy.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Heaven help us.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on who "Lauren" is.

Yeah, a lizard from outer space.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Old Lucy was better.

I'd admit Nu Lucy this week has shown progress, but one 'storyline' doesn't make a summer.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetti was better as lucy! Plus that idea is stupid to be honest.
  • cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    i have never warmed up to the new lucy i always compare her to the old one, as for hetti i cant hear what she says she was too wooden and skinny
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Hetti is/was far superior as Lucy than Melissa. I didn't find the character likeable when Melissa was portraying Lucy but these last few months Hetti has really shined and I've grown to love Lucy.
  • P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what part of the character lucy is dead doesn't people understand.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's too late I'm afraid. :( Re casting Lucy was a big mistake, Melissa was far superior IMO and had potential to grow into a big character (she was really feisty and had a big personality). Hetti was a poor actress and failed to deliver the same way Melissa did. The character became annoying, dull and unlikeable. The recast didn't work for me because I just didn't see her as Lucy anymore. There was a slight improvement on her acting in last night's episode but my opinion didn't change, it still wasn't enough. Melissa was much better as Lucy Beale.

I'm looking forward to seeing the aftermath of the storyline though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many problems with this thread it's hard to know where to start :D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Agree with above post. Hetti IS/WAS Lucy Beale. She gave some great performances this week, it's just a shame she only got something gritty to do in the lead up to her death. I prefer Hetti's Lucy's to Melissa's

So her Dad having a break down and her having to run the family empire with Derek extorting money wasn't gritty enough? She had her chance then and acted like a limp lettuce demonstrating for all that the old Lucy would have walked that story line and put Derek firmly in his place.

One of the main reasons I was pleased with this story line of killing Lucy was so we could finally get rid of her. She has been an awful reincarnation and good riddance I'd say.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Where's a facepalm when you need one?
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It certainly isn't!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really saw Hetti as Lucy, she just wandered around and simpered whereas whether you liked or hated Melissa's Lucy, the character had balls.

However in the last couple of weeks we saw that again with Lucy; attitude and mischief. Shame she wasn't written and acted like that since her return.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I for one was a much bigger fan of Hetti's version of Lucy to be quite honest with you, she brought a bit of likability to the character, a little bit of warmth that the other Lucy lacked big time in my eyes. I never found the other Lucy remotely likable which I will admit is more an issue with the writing of her than her acting but still I preferred this Lucy much more.

The first actress apparently was always turning up late and drunk to sets, she was getting involved in sexy photoshoots that she didn't have permission to and seemed to be becoming a bit of a ticking time bomb so I can't argue with the recast. I respect that's not everybody's opinion though which is more than fair enough really.