Signal Box on EE

Comments

• kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dishdonkey wrote: »
    Mine has had the occasional red light issue on t-mobile, but a quick unplug of the power seems to set it back in action again. It's done it 3 times now.... Lets just hope their back end systems are having a few teething problems, and that its not all our femtocell's that are faulty. :rolleyes:
    I've spotted the red light on the one at work a few times, normally back to green within a couple of minutes.

That being said, having 20 mobiles sat right next to it triggered that a bit more than usual :D (Being able to activate them while at my desk rather than wandering over to the window and waving them around until I got a signal was a huge time saver though! )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Spoke to EE and even the fact that I do not get a signal in my house apparently I'm not eligible to get a signal box if I want one I have to purchase what is the criteria ?
  • slimgymslimgym Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spoke to them and got much the same response. I had seen comments on a local community forum about a base being switched off in the area and people affected being given this box free. I guess in my case they could tell I wouldn't have been affected one way or the other by the switch off.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theyre investigating my area apparently before they'll give me a box didnt mentoin i could buy one though
  • slimgymslimgym Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did say if I make five example calls where it drops out and pass them the details they will put someone in planning on to it. So ultimately if they decide there's nothing network wise they can do they might give you a free box. I hardly use the mobile at home anyway - because we get no signal!! I might make a few calls when we actually have coverage and pass the details to them see what comes of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try and make some calls see if it connects then drops and write them down do it five times theres hyour examples
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Spoke to EE and even the fact that I do not get a signal in my house apparently I'm not eligible to get a signal box if I want one I have to purchase what is the criteria ?

I'm on T-Mobile, and because i was affected by the mobile phone optimisation program that happened last may/june in my area (i reported the issues in june) i was issued a free signal box about 2-3 weeks ago after more complaints to them.
    i did the same thing with my partners contract on orange, and even though i had reported issues as far back as june, they said they couldn't do anything about it, wouldn't issue a signal box, and the only thing they could do would be to end her contract early and give her a PAC code to take her number to a different network that could offer a suitable signal.
    So, in answer to your question, i guess it depends who you speak to, and what network you're on. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they would rather lose a customer then send out a box? doesnt even make sense
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I've emailed the exec office to see if I can get any Sense out of them failing that I think ill just call EE daily
  • Andrew_RigneyAndrew_Rigney Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I've been given a t mobile signal box for my home address and because its made such a difference I decided to buy one to use in my works location where the signal is dire. Just called them and was informed that its not possible to register more than one signal box on a mobile account! Is this correct? I can't see why it shouldn't be possible to have multiple signal boxes if it means that you can get service in the main places that you use you mobile phone in. Any ideas if this is correct and if this might change in the near future? Thanks folks
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been given a t mobile signal box for my home address and because its made such a difference I decided to buy one to use in my works location where the signal is dire. Just called them and was informed that its not possible to register more than one signal box on a mobile account! Is this correct? I can't see why it shouldn't be possible to have multiple signal boxes if it means that you can get service in the main places that you use you mobile phone in. Any ideas if this is correct and if this might change in the near future? Thanks folks

Yes that is correct. If you know someone else who'd let you register against their account then that's a way round it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have experience of linking one of these to an Apple Airport Extreme router? My Signal Box just flashes fast green. I have tried restarts and resets to no avail. Orange have been of no help so far. We have lost almost all reception at home due to the removal of a local mast now that there is some duplication between Orange and T Mobile. Unfortunately it looks as if we shall soon be applying for discontinuing our contracts as EE are unable to provide a service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have experience of linking one of these to an Apple Airport Extreme router? My Signal Box just flashes fast green. I have tried restarts and resets to no avail. Orange have been of no help so far. We have lost almost all reception at home due to the removal of a local mast now that there is some duplication between Orange and T Mobile. Unfortunately it looks as if we shall soon be applying for discontinuing our contracts as EE are unable to provide a service.

Not sure about Apple Airport but it should work without changing settings. Phone Orange and say you keep getting a solid red light after around 36hrs - they should then say we'll register it again, if they dont then ask them to register again.

Sometimes it takes a few goes to get it to register.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    My replacement signal box came yesterday and what fun I had trying to take to someone that knew what they were doing. After a night of flashing green light I got through to someone that was useful. Although I gave someone my IMEI number and they said they had registered it yesterday but was told this morning that my old box was still registered. Up and running now.

My old box would connect for a day or so after many sim resets and then disconnected with a solid green light. My daughter has no signal at home or for many miles away. If she registered my old box with Orange would they know it was a faulty box that had been replaced. I just want to see how good it would perform as her house is a very old house with think walls over 3 floors.

The box was registered to T-Mobile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i need a blooody box they wont give me one!
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    No issues with an Apple extreme router here (orange signal box). Must be the ISP or EE side.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah, if it's flashing green then it is connecting to EE ok, just not authenticating properly.
  • JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just switched to Three and I have noticed Three's signal box's are identical to EE's but with Three's you insert the sim in the bottom under a little door, this same door is on the EE signal box so do you think somehow it would be possible to get an ee signal box working on Three? If you got a sim to go in it and gave three the imei number after removing it off EE?

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the EE boxes have a certificate based system which is why they don't have SIM cards and the provisioning profile on the device means it will only ever try to connect to the EE system.

Would be nice if you could change it as simply as SIM swapping though.
  • JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon41 wrote: »
    No, the EE boxes have a certificate based system which is why they don't have SIM cards and the provisioning profile on the device means it will only ever try to connect to the EE system.

Would be nice if you could change it as simply as SIM swapping though.

ahh okay shame but thanks anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    i phoned today after tweeting t-mobile about this - got told to ring them for diagnostics - rang them - got transferred into another queue and waited 30 minutes for them to comeback and say you can't have one because we have put up with poor signal for sometime.

No offer to purchase one or anything - so tweeted them about it, seeing they told me via direct message they were available now...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they say alot of things via dm its usually a load of crap they told me i had to ring up to get one but they wont as theyre investigating my poor signal instead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    they won't even bother investigating mine - just because we have put up with it for the past x number of years - i never knew they done this until i saw it on their website the other day.

the trouble is, all the mobile companies are like this - just because it says you can get a signal outside they say you have a decent signal inside
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    It is a pig so many people can't get one. You're either going to have to wait until they "become more widely available" or, and this probably isn't much help, move to EE Business.
    They hand them out like 3d glasses in a multiplex!

I have two and they still haven't charged me for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you cant just switch to a business tariff though on one phone can u