Celebrities who are vile in real life?

15678911»

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this Daily Mail story about the Coronation Street set might be a coded allusion to the unpopularity of Anthony Cotton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2276419/Coronation-Street-bosses-forced-issue-anti-homophobia-memo-soap-operas-set.html#axzz2KSBX2rl8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this Daily Mail story about the Coronation Street set might be a coded allusion to the unpopularity of Anthony Cotton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2276419/Coronation-Street-bosses-forced-issue-anti-homophobia-memo-soap-operas-set.html#axzz2KSBX2rl8

Anthony is 'alright' Ive met him sloads times. Ive put this on here before, he's a regular in a bar I used to work at. He used to drink vodka and coke. He was quite dismissive of the staff, not many manners but seemed friendly to his friends. Never tipped, even when he went from queer as folk to corrie.

Someone mentioned Andy from Emerdale before... Yes he IS lovely. a proper down to earth friendly guy. Adoreable.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink is a bitch and doesn't smell very fresh.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Anthony is 'alright' Ive met him sloads times. Ive put this on here before, he's a regular in a bar I used to work at. He used to drink vodka and coke. He was quite dismissive of the staff, not many manners but seemed friendly to his friends. Never tipped, even when he went from queer as folk to corrie.

Someone mentioned Andy from Emerdale before... Yes he IS lovely. a proper down to earth friendly guy. Adoreable.

He sounds a veritable treat.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member

Strange set of photos to use, one features a character who left about a year ago, and aren't the other two from Betty Driver's funeral?

As for Anthony Cotton being "popular with fans", I've never heard anybody say they like him.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Strange set of photos to use, one features a character who left about a year ago, and aren't the other two from Betty Driver's funeral?

As for Anthony Cotton being "popular with fans", I've never heard anybody say they like him.

I certainly don't like him. I think he's overused and overrated and he can't act to save his life.

His attitude makes me dislike him even more and I get the impression on the Corrie set he thinks he's something he's not.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    You don't expect it with Eamonn Holmes, because he can come across as quite abrasive, but I've only ever heard nice things about him.

I know someone who works as a warm up guy on quite a few shows. He says the majority of "stars" who are presenting the shows don't want to know where the warm up's concerned. But Eamonn always makes a point of going to see them, sitting down and having a chat to see how things are going, etc. Really top bloke apparently.

That is really nice to know.

He does appear as if he can be abrasive but, even when interviewed abut is complaints about the Culshaw stuff, he comes over very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlet Johnson (played Vicki Fowler on EE) is the only celebrity I've came across, it was 2004 on the London eye and to be fair she wasn't vile to anyone but you could tell by looking at her that she thought she wa san A lister, most of the other people there had no clue who she was and she still had that "WHY CAN'T I BLEND IN?" look on her face.

My dad has worked in hotels most of his life and he said John Mcririck is as nasty in real life as he was on CBB.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »

From your description he sounds far from alright, he sounds completely odious.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought the only person who thought Anthony Cotton was a'
    'popular character' of this programme was Cotton himself :rolleyes:

He seems a bitchy little queen and nothing I've read about him seems to change that about him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    Well it is said that Charlotte Rampling says her perfect man was a Frenchman with a 6inch tongue who could breathe through his ears. So, I'd say from that she'd be an OK person!

I just tried to find a proper reference to this on Google...the first hit is a comment I made back in 2009 on another forum!!!

Really? I've always though she was a huge ****, a vile woman! And her ex husband seems worse!!!

Anyways, she seems nuts.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hellohi wrote: »
    Really? I've always though she was a huge ****, a vile woman! And her ex husband seems worse!!!

Anyways, she seems nuts.

Charlotte Rampling is far from the terms of this rehashed "vile" thread.

A close family member worked in our town hotel a decade ago when she stayed for about 3 weeks during filming in the area. She was very polite, had impeccable manners and tipped. She sounded every bit as classy as she appears on screen, and left a very favourable impression.
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    Well it is said that Charlotte Rampling says her perfect man was a Frenchman with a 6inch tongue who could breathe through his ears. So, I'd say from that she'd be an OK person!

I just tried to find a proper reference to this on Google...the first hit is a comment I made back in 2009 on another forum!!!

Why would that make someone okay? :confused: Just sounds crass to me.
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Mallaha wrote: »
    Bremner was a functional alcoholic for much of his life, and was known for being unpleasant and belligerent.

Unpleasant and belligerent summed up the Leeds Utd team of that era.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holy thread resurrection!