Would you rather live without dogs or people?

ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
Forum Member
This also includes doing without everything either species has ever contributed.

So for example, if you did without people you could no longer live in your house, have a car etc... and if you did without dogs, you'd have to do without dog poo on the roads and such.

Comments

• Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if it's a choice between just dogs or people, I'd choose people. However, as it's really about whether I'd rather live without my house, car, TV, etc., or dog poo, then I'll choose dogs.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Not really a fair argument the way you have put it and the examples you gave

You could also say without people you do with out crime and war or let the blind have to go without a seeing eye dog

Over all I prefer animals to people and with the only exceptions of my 3 family members and best freind I'd take a dog over anybody else in the world
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

You could also say without people you do with out crime and war or let the blind have to go without a seeing eye dog

Over all I prefer animals to people and with the only exceptions of my 3 family members and best freind I'd take a dog over anybody else in the world

My thread, my rules :p

If you aren't willing to do without what people have contributed, then I suppose you'd have to pick people.

If you are happy to live without people and everything they have contributed, feel free to pick dogs.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    My thread, my rules :p

If you aren't willing to do without what people have contributed, then I suppose you'd have to pick people.

If you are happy to live without people and everything they have contributed, feel free to pick dogs.

Dogs then over all people have caused millions if not billions more deaths
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is simply impossible to live without people unless you have all the skills required to shelter, clothe and feed yourself.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.'
    Groucho.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Dogs then over all people have caused more deaths

You'd live in a cave on your own (or perhaps with some dogs?) and go without everything humans have ever contributed? Fair enough :p
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    This also includes doing without everything either species has ever contributed.

So for example, if you did without people you could no longer live in your house, have a car etc... and if you did without dogs, you'd have to do without dog poo on the roads and such.

The human species contributed to my birth so I wouldn't exist without them.
    My grandfather was pulled from an avalanche by a dog so I wouldn't exist without them.
    Looks like I'm doomed either way :(

In fact humans and dogs have had such a long history together that many people wouldn't be around without their contribution to human existence, maybe even you Enima. Is your life worth some dog poo ?
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's no house or car or telly or computer or clothes or electricity or shops or books just so I could shack up naked in a cave with a dog
    OR
    a life with no dogs, but with all those other things?

Let me think. Pffffft. As if. :D

Who's asking this question? A particularly well educated Doberman Pinscher?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree :) I was thinking I sometimes prefer dogs to people too :blush: people can mess you about but our dog is great at listening and being there for me, not judging me (as far as I know :p)
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you being serious? I like animals but of course I prefer people as long as they don't bite. ;-)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like dogs, or humans come to think about it, can I live without both?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by your rules -> Choosing to do without people would mean I'd disappear cos I'm a product of people, right ?!

If I could choose to remove all people or all dogs from the Earth methinks I'd choose both and finally get a decent night's sleep, then in the morning I'd take a wander to the Tescos Superstore and stock up on batteries and bottled water - though thinking about it now I'd probably just move into Tescos for a while and use their huge car park to teach myself how to drive.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fair few people think dogs contributed substantially to our evolution. If they're right, then without dogs you'd still be stuck in that cave without electricity.

And if we're gonna be stuck in the cave anyway, I'll do without people. They wouldn't be humans as we know them anyway, so conversation's gonna suffer either way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    People
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok people as long as they are all men. :)
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not bothered about dogs, not too bothered about people. But I wouldn't like to live without cats :kitty:
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I'd rather live without dogs, no question.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I'd rather live without dogs, no question.

Yep, never got the dog thing, pathetic people demanding, and getting ,slavish, unquestioning devotion from a dumb animal is very suspect, and they smell a bit too, the dogs, not them, well maybe them too if truth be told.