Moisturiser for very oily skin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
Forum Member
I have incredibly oily skin. I cant wear foundation or anything as the oil comes through and looks awful. I am 37 and still havent managed to find a moisturiser that mattifies all day rather than just for an hour.

Does anyone else have the same problem? If so, what do you use that helps?

On the plus side, I barely have any wrinkles!

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is one of the best I've ever encountered.

Do you use a primer under foundation?

What about setting powders or setting sprays?

Is there any particular budget that you're working with?
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I have very oily skin and I use Simple's light moisturiser: http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Hydrating-Light-Moisturiser-125ml_861128/
    It works well and is only £3.99.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get yourself on to Caroline Hirons blog - www.beautymouth.com

And no matter how oily you are, do NOT use anything 'mattifying' - read this (and the rest of her blog, she's incredible) http://www.carolinehirons.com/2014/01/beauty-myths-no5-if-you-have-oily-skin.html
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moisturiser isn't supposed to mattify. I avoid using it on the T zone and use powder, reapplying when necessary. There are products to control oil but they tend to be quite drying.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    If you have oily skin you don't need moisturiser.

Your body is doing it for you.
  • Pallas_athenaPallas_athena Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I use dove firming nourishing lotion. It is for all skin types and leaves my skin perfect. Before I used a boots cream which was supposed to reduce oily skin and it was useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Maybe I didn't mean moisturiser then, just something to cut back the oil.

I dont actually want to use make up, I just mentioned it to try to show how oily and shiny my skin is. I currently use a Clarins primer under a mattifying moisturiser. I tried the primer on its own and it was worse but they work bettter than if I just used the moisturiser.

I'll have a read of that blog ta.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have really oily skin too and know what a pain it can be.

I use Simply Pure spot clearing moisturising cream by superdrug which is nice and light.

But if you are looking for something to get rid of excess oil you should try Witch Hazel (available at pharmacies) or Rose Water (available on ebay) on a cotton pad. I find them astringent but natural.
  • cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I can vouch for Dermalogica products- they are the best I've ever tried but sadly they are expensive.

They do an oil control lotion and also a moisturiser for oiler skins called "active moist" which I've found to be really good at lasting all day without any shiny patches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Ladies have you heard of argan oil and its benefits?
    Moroccan black soap
    Exfoliating glove for soft skin
    If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact me
    Forum Member
    hello
    Forum Member
    Vixcamp wrote: »
    I have incredibly oily skin. I cant wear foundation or anything as the oil comes through and looks awful. I am 37 and still havent managed to find a moisturiser that mattifies all day rather than just for an hour.

Does anyone else have the same problem? If so, what do you use that helps?

On the plus side, I barely have any wrinkles!

hello, do you have an idea about Moroccan clay
    Principal Benefits of
    Rhassoul (Moroccan Red) Clay:

Repair Broken capillaries
    improves puffiness, dark shadows Bags under eyes
    Known for its ability to reduce appearance of wrinkles
    Ideal for dry, sensitive, mature, and stressed skin
    Skin softening and tissue firming - particularly the bust, thighs, stomach and upper arms.
    Revitalizes the complexion and tightens pores
    Makes a great shampoo. It stimulates the scalp and helps restore luster to over processed, over worked hair. Gives body to hair, regulates excretion of sebum in the scalp and makes hair shiny.Rhassoul clay's most impressive property in skin improvement is its capacity of absorption due to its high level of ion exchange. Clinical studies have been conducted by two different research laboratories in the United States (International Research Services, Inc. www.irsi.org and Structure Probe, Inc. www.2spi.com) to evaluate Rhassoul use for skin conditions. The study results showed that a single use of our Rhassoul clay mask statistically:
    Reduces dryness (79%)
    Reduces flakiness (41%)
    Improves skin clarity (68%)
    Improves skin elasticity / firmness (24%)
    Improves skin texture (106%)
    Removes skin surface oil and oil from inside and around comedones (Blackheads & Whiteheads)
    Removes dead skin, resulting in a smoothing of surface skin
    Use Rhassoul clay as a facial mask, body wrap and clay pack for luxurious and decadent experience. For greasy hair or hair which lacks volume and thickness, you can make a simple hair mask by adding warm water to Rhassoul and applying it to your hair, rinse after 15 or 20 minutes, until the water runs clear. This hair mask will also give the hair shine.
  • potpourripotpourri Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Vixcamp wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't mean moisturiser then, just something to cut back the oil.

I dont actually want to use make up, I just mentioned it to try to show how oily and shiny my skin is. I currently use a Clarins primer under a mattifying moisturiser. I tried the primer on its own and it was worse but they work bettter than if I just used the moisturiser.

I'll have a read of that blog ta.

I find pure aloe vera gel is really good. And keep a pack of 'papier poudre' in your handbag.
    You could treat it internally by drinking apple cider vinegar, that made a big difference to my skin.
    Apple cider vinegar toner is also very good.
    As the above poster says, Rhassoul clay is amazing. I use it once a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Magic Touch Instant Blur 15ml

This works for me but I do wear make up. I have a small oil slick on my face and although it's not perfect this has helped 80%. I no longer need to blot my face throughout the day.

And yes the lack of wrinkles is a big benefit of oily skin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately have very oily skin too. Ive tried the Dermalogica oil control lotion and other oily skin products but found they didnt work for me. Nivea do a oil balancing moisturiser, cant remember the exact name but ive found it works for me and i just use a kleenex oil blotting paper in the afternoon