NHS job interview - questions they're likely to ask/ good ones to ask them?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
Forum Member
✭✭
I have an interview for a hydrotherapist job, and I've never really had an interview before so I have no idea what to expect! Anyone got any tips, etc?

Comments

• iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the job interview. They'll probably ask you the usual stuff like give examples of being a team player, how you would go the extra mile in your work and maybe a few "what would you do" scenarios related to the position.

Just don't ask them to pay your travel expenses...!! :D:D:D

Good luck! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,263
    Forum Member
    iCandy77 wrote: »

Just don't ask them to pay your travel expenses...!! :D:D:D

Good luck! :)
    :D:D

You might help yourself by finding out a bit about the job or department. Look at the website if they have one and find out a bit about the department (if for example it has a mission statement on it or something like that) . Dropping in info to show that you have taken an interest to find out more about your dept will show you as willing and interested and you may get a few more brownie points!
  • PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    From experience, they like to ask what you know about the organisation and that you've shown initiative in this area, by surfing the internet and summarising.

They also ask scenario questions. One of the NS organisations I worked for used to have a points sytem for questions answered, so if they didn't get the answer they were looking for the first time, they would ask again, but would then deduct a point, if that makes sense.

Good luck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is a competency base interview (CBI) i.e. name a time where you have done *** then you want to have a structure to your replies. Make sure you have a background (where did it start/reasons for it) Your behaviour during the task/project/occasion - what they will be looking for is what you did and then the impact of the example, i.e. what was the overall outcome from your input.