'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 256)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening:)

Thanks for the Johhny vid, doodle and pics Laura:)

Thanks for the script peak Surreal:)

Glad you had a brilliant time seeing Westlife Flumps and congrats on your milestone!:)

Well done for finishing uni Mads:)
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the Eurovision semi-final and Scott Mills has just talked about a game he likes to play - Gay or European? made me think of Jon and Legally Blonde! :D:p
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lovely and zoomy :D Thank you :)
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the congrats on finishing uni :D I went out again at about 4 and have only just got back... it's fair to say I've had a very random day :o:p Missed EE so will have to watch at 10!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gorgeous, thanks Laura:)
    Forum Member

I'm watching the Eurovision semi-final and Scott Mills has just talked about a game he likes to play - Gay or European? made me think of Jon and Legally Blonde! :D:p

Is it bad that just from hearing the song title I can sing the whole song in my head? :o I think I've listened to it a few too many times :o
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you - lovely as always - have to say Jon looks so lovely in that blue jacket - really, really suits him. :D
    Forum Member
    Is it bad that just from hearing the song title I can sing the whole song in my head? :o I think I've listened to it a few too many times :o

Same here :D and sometimes I even do the actions :o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Evening All! :)

Not been on today and not watched EE yet, (again, oops) but just done my catch up!

Big congrats to lovely Flumps on 7000 posts and glad you had a good time last night! :D

Surreal - thank for the script peek and the Marc spot / tweet xx
    :)

Laura - thank you for the Johnny HIV video and also for the doodle which is very sweet and lovely. :)

I would just love all this and Linda to come back to of course, (will never stop saying it!). I do think it would be still in character to struggle with a CP as a public event, as opposed to accepting Chryed as a private relationship. I think she'd feel vulnerable and those feelings of being judged and shamed would come to the fore a bit - but this time it would be good to see her examine what they mean for her - and to understand how much they have 'operated' her life in the past and for her to overcome them.

So a good way to develop her character there.

Loads of good posts by Katrina and others as well. :D

A point I would like to make is that one of the key moments in acceptance of one's sexuality is not just acceptance but not wishing to be different if one could.

The old 'wave a magic wand, push a button' thing. I am sure Syed once said if he could push a button and be different he would (during the worst of his struggle). It's understandable to say this, it also highlights the whole 'born the way you are' emphasis, i.e. nothing one can change.

However, an even greater step of acceptance is not wanting to change even if you could (with some kind of magic device) and also your relatives to be the same - to TRULY accept you as you are. That would be an interesting angle to have explored, both from Syed's pov and from Zainab's.

I would say, most definitely, Syed is there now. He wouldn't wish Christian away, or to be different. He'd wish away the pain and hurt he caused Amira and Christian, and that he put himself through - but I'd like to think he'd never 'push the button'.

Zainab - she's not there yet - but would or could she ever get to that point.....so that would be interesting to explore. :)

Wow, big gush of thoughts coming out there! :D

Interesting post starfish! You've raised some really good points and the complexity of the reconciliation. Yep acceptance of their relationship is one thing but accepting Syed for who he truly is without wishing to change him is another. Hopefully the CP will look at this aspect.
    Also, Linda has to return because not only will the mother in law showndown be comedy gold as others have said but I really want Syed to meet his mother in law and for her to be really proud that Christian has found someone like Syed. I can imagine that he will be all shy and adorkable about it and then teasing Christian that he is lucky to have him :D. Another person I would like to be at the CP is James.I think him and Christian had a really good friendship that dated back from their childhood so it would be cool if he was their so he could see that Christian has finally committed and Linda could have been like I thought it would have been you that Christian would have settled with but he could say that, that person is meant to be Syed etc etc. It just would be good to see them salvage their friendship /btw I know this will never happen but thought I would get my opinion out there anyway.
    BIB: Well, you were certainly correct about Meryl!

But, I agree, the Masoods are not a 'key' family at the minute, and that seems to include Chryed. I don't know what their fixation is with Zainab (although, I love Nina's portrayal), she is not as much fun to watch in isolation - she needs Tamwar, Syed, Mas and Christian to interact with and bring out her 'funniness' - normally, unintended. This is what I like best about the Masoods

BIB: Agree, I do think Zainab is over-used in comparison to the rest of the Masoods but used adequately in relation to the rest of the cast/ don't know I'm making sense:o. Although, there is another Masood that I wish dearly to see...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member

Thanks for this :) They look lovely as always :)
    Forum Member
    Same here :D and sometimes I even do the actions :o:o

Me too! :o I haven't tried to hurdle my desk yet though, that may not end well :sleep:

I love that song so much, it's brilliant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I dropped in and then disappeared. Preparing for a weekend away, so trying to get myself organised.
    Must go to bed, early morning for me tomorrow. I won't be around all weekend, so have fun, and speak again on Monday probably.
    Bye xxx
    Forum Member
    omg Fairytale on Eurovision - totes reminding me of Leyton!!!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    Alexander the Gorgeous :D

Pee-po! :p
  • DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    What the heck? Why is EE not on? Flipping Eurovision, I've now got to wait another half hour and get to bed later than intended...

Evening all, btw. :p Thanks Laura for the doodle and vid links!
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)

Thanks! Love that pic, they look gorgeous :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexander the Gorgeous :D

Pee-po! :p

Whenever I think of Leyton I think of him saying Christian was 'purring like a big old cat'.....which I for some reason think sounds really hot :o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back again. Had a massive catch up to do. :D

Congratulations lovesy and flumps on your milestones! Here's to many more.

Thanks Laura for pics with epic zoominess and the doodle pic. It's hilarious. I love Johnny's sense of humour. :D
  • AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I think of Leyton I think of him saying Christian was 'purring like a big old cat'.....which I for some reason think sounds really hot :o:o

Totally with you on that one. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Totally with you on that one. :)

I think Leyton should come to Chryed's wedding :D Ok so no one else watching would remember who he is, but it would make Chryedians smile :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Elltridge pic Laura. I'm lolling at it because I'm sure they've both stolen their clothes - Johnny's tee is stolen from Jon and Marc has stolen his top from Matt. :sleep:

Romeo loving the wedding/mother-in-law speculation. Syed would absolutely be all shy and adorkable and it would be nice to see Christian and James make up. I have an unwritten fic in my head (there's quite a lot of them, in fact Jenn is probably making a list by now :o) where James marries Leyton and they invite Christian to the wedding and he turns up with Syed. :sleep::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catching up with EE....

'Make you feel my love'.....Chryed song in Titney scene :mad: :mad: :(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why oh why do Tyler and Derek get so much screen time :rolleyes: But obviously them cooking a meal deserves loads of screen time............................. :sleep: And Tyler is totally dragging Whitney's character down, she needs a storyline unrelated to a man.

Max is a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better character in eps like these, away from cheating stories and away from his brothers!

Another random Afia appearance...seems like just using up an ep quota :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why when Ian begs for money he thinks he deserves peoples help but when Bianca went to him for help he wouldn't give her the time of day. Adam plays Ian well but I really don't feel sorry for Ian at all. I mean I know he's cut up about finding out about Ben....but he's not so perfect, not so long ago Ian almost let Phil die in a very calculated and cruel way. Ian treats everyone around him, including his own children and wives(!) like their beneath him and acts like he's some amazing businessman who everyone should be in awe of. Never gives any help to anyone else but always expects it in return. And Mandy is all he has in his life....wtf...he has 3 kids for goodness sakes! And of course there's the comments he made about Whitney which I've never forgotten because the comments he made were beyond vile. He sometimes can be nice and has good points but all in all I just can't care about him :o
This discussion has been closed.