Options

Maloney accused of homophobia

124»

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are many gay people in denial and unable to come terms with who they are. A common coping mechanism is to rile against who they are by condemning and demonising those like themselves it is not uncommon. Unfortunately some people were born into a time or family/community where it's wholly unacceptable and that goes inward.

Or like some suggest she's on a pretty massive wind up....

Also to the above poster well the T in LGBT stands for transgendered and they like to march with us a lot.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    But until we hear otherwise these are what we go on.

No, we go on what we see in the house.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    There are many gay people in denial and unable to come terms with who they are. A common coping mechanism is to rile against who they are by condemning and demonising those like themselves it is not uncommon. Unfortunately some people were born into a time or family/community where it's wholly unacceptable and that goes inward.

Also to the above poster well the T in LGBT stands for transgendered and they like to march with us a lot.

:D

I can't warm to Maloney yet, still trying to understand the 'gay people shouldn't flaunt it or have children but accept me, I'm now a lady'.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Maloney was a nasty, racist homophobe. I expect Kellie still is.
    Horrible person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

Nope, it stands for transgender. You don't become transgender through being transgendered, in the same way as some doesn't become gay by being gayed.

A lot of trans people are also lesbian, gay or bisexual. Also, if you transition and are still attracted to the same sex then your sexuality as others perceive it changes, even though who you are attracted to hasn't. It's not a case of "they like to march with us lot."

Also, especially in childhood or early stages of transition abuse from school bullies or just mindless yobs tends to be homophobic rather than specifically transphobic. Transphobia itself is mainly a combination of homophobia and misogyny, magnified by the fear of being tricked somehow.